The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simonc1993
Join the club, Nottingham seemed to have become a little snobby this year in comparison to places like Durham (who I never thought I'd get an offer from)

ah well durham it is for me :smile: aha might see you there
Reply 1381
Ah, nooo. I really wanted to go to nottingham and i just got rejected!
If you make any changes your obliged to inform UCAS, and I believe universities retain the right to withdraw your offer as your academia has changed. Universities may have given you offers on the basis of being impressed at you doing 5 A levels. Sorry Buddy, just don't put so much effort in the one you don't think you'll need.

true say, thanks for the advice!
Reply 1383
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!

Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
Exactly!

Predicted A*A*AA and im doing the AEA for maths
GCSEs 4A* 8 A
I only have Exeter - which im def not complaining since i really want to go there
Now waiting for Warwick and that will prob be another rejection. Happy days.

It's so degrading, having to come to terms with the fact I'll probably be going to my fifth choice, I even had an interview at Cambridge so I thought I had a reasonable chance with others. So demotivating, at least my exams are over, LSE will most probably be a rejection. I was hoping for so much more. Only real hope is to get the grades, and re apply next year while at uni, then if I do get any better offers I can enjoy the higher fees. So an all round win.
Reply 1384
Original post by Whitworth92
ah well durham it is for me :smile: aha might see you there

haha be happy! Durham is way better than nottingham in every way! I am soo happy to have Durham i wanted it all along.. Notts was only an insurance for me.. so don't care if they reject us! :smile:
Reply 1385
Join the club, Nottingham seemed to have become a little snobby this year in comparison to places like Durham (who I never thought I'd get an offer from)

Same! But haha the better happened! Wanted Durham soooo much all along.. we should be so happy :smile: are you gonna firm too? which college? :smile:
Original post by Steynor
It's so degrading, having to come to terms with the fact I'll probably be going to my fifth choice, I even had an interview at Cambridge so I thought I had a reasonable chance with others. So demotivating, at least my exams are over, LSE will most probably be a rejection. I was hoping for so much more. Only real hope is to get the grades, and re apply next year while at uni, then if I do get any better offers I can enjoy the higher fees. So an all round win.

Same, when i got an interview at Cambridge i at least thought my grades were decent enough to get me through that barrier, the interview went awful because i had no idea what they were on about but thats my fault, not my UCAS application so whatever Nott is basing this on, they just missed out on very good candidates.
Rejected for Econ L100 by Notts
/life
Original post by mlsdbk
haha be happy! Durham is way better than nottingham in every way! I am soo happy to have Durham i wanted it all along.. Notts was only an insurance for me.. so don't care if they reject us! :smile:

will see u at durham, grades depending :smile: any news on ur college? any idea WHICH college its gone to?
Reply 1389
will see u at durham, grades depending :smile: any news on ur college? any idea WHICH college its gone to?

yep St Aidans.. it's in my useful links :smile: fancy dress college haha really excited! Where are you at again?
Original post by mlsdbk
yep St Aidans.. it's in my useful links :smile: fancy dress college haha really excited! Where are you at again?

oh one of my close friends is going to St. Aidans for biomedical science :smile:!

yeah collingwood =D! least formal I think, perfect :smile: (secretly keen for a gown but dont tell my friends :wink: )
Reply 1391
A* - Maths
A - Physics
A - Business

Rejection from bristol, nottingham, durham. Nottingham today.

Waiting on durham and york, chances?

:s-smilie:

(Grades from last year, reapplying)
Reply 1392
oh one of my close friends is going to St. Aidans for biomedical science :smile:!

yeah collingwood =D! least formal I think, perfect :smile: (secretly keen for a gown but dont tell my friends :wink: )

haha yep Aidans is informal and fun too :smile: aaa i'm so excited.. i really want exams to be over! haha :smile: sshhh everyone has a soft side for gowns including me :wink: but i guess the fun fancy dress we have will make up for it! :smile:
Original post by Stephens
A* - Maths
A - Physics
A - Business

Rejection from bristol, nottingham, durham. Nottingham today.

Waiting on durham and york, chances?

:s-smilie:

(Grades from last year, reapplying)

You have the same A levels as me and better grades than I could hope for, I suppose doing AS further maths has really helped me get an offer from Bristol.

I would guess you had few GCSE A*s? This might be the reason for the rejections. I think you have a good chance at york and a fair chance at Durham. :smile:
Who here would choose nottingham over durham? and why?
Reply 1395
Original post by Glen_Nichols
You have the same A levels as me and better grades than I could hope for, I suppose doing AS further maths has really helped me get an offer from Bristol.

I would guess you had few GCSE A*s? This might be the reason for the rejections. I think you have a good chance at york and a fair chance at Durham. :smile:

Apologies, I'm waiting on warwick and got rejected from durham. But seriously, you got an offer from Bristol with lesser predictions?

Whats up with nottingham this year people?
Apologies, I'm waiting on warwick and got rejected from durham. But seriously, you got an offer from Bristol with lesser predictions?

Whats up with nottingham this year people?

My predictions are 3 A*s but I will struggle to hit your A*AA, which is my offer from Bristol.
Reply 1397
Original post by Glen_Nichols
My predictions are 3 A*s but I will struggle to hit your A*AA, which is my offer from Bristol.

You bastard, give me your offer.
Reply 1398
Original post by rubberdam123
Who here would choose nottingham over durham? and why?

I would never :smile: Durham is better in every way possible.. that's my opinion anyway and i'm sure of it :smile: why did you ask? :smile: are you having difficulty choosing?
You bastard, give me your offer.

So what have you done in your gap year? Why didn't you do more learning i.e further maths A level or economics/history? Maybe you would have got the offers you desired then.

Latest

Trending

Trending