The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3000
Original post by marcusmerehay
Sakho:

Good player, yes.
Bags of potential, yes.
Premier League experience? No.

That's what we really need to close out a season, not another young defender with ability.

He really cannot be any worse than Koscielny or Squillaci.
I'm gonna get so negged for this but I can't resist the temptation.

LOL
Reply 3002
Hahaha always the refs fault. FOUR FOUR ****ING GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by scherzi
Poor wum, you know we had far more decisions against us.

No, you like to think that because you're poor little Arsenal. The team that everyone is against apparently. :rofl2:
Havent posted here for so long, but felt that this match just took it way to far, i was laughing at 25 mins in this game and actually kept watching just for entertainment.

Biggest mistake was subbing off djourou, he was heading every single cross in AWAY, I HOPE SQUILLACI DIES, HE WAS A WASTE OF MONEY AND COULDNT EVEN SPOT HIM IN THE SECOND HALF, HE CANT HEAD, HE IS THE SLOWEST GUY IN THE ARSENAL TEAM.

I dont think wenger made a mistake in that match, at 4-0 up you dont expect a change in 1 defender will make such a difference.

what can i say, this match just took it way too far, lets just hope united drop points today (doubt it).
(edited 13 years ago)
I am shocked and stunned. You fans simply don't understand football. The fact that everyone is blaming Diaby, Wenger and the officials but yet no one has pointed the finger at Fabregas is very worrying. It shows that today Arsenal fans have forgotten what it means to be a captain, and instead see it as a gift to the clubs best player. All Newcastles goals came in the last 30 minutes, Wengers influence was limited. At this point of the game it is down to the players and the leadership of the captain. The fact that not one person here has highlighted Cescs leadership proves that this forum is just one big troll. A complete disgrace.
Original post by rhinger
Then who would you recommend? Remember how much we've got to transfer. It's 80-million pounds plus. I'll laugh if you say we haven't got money, yet again.

Oh and about yet another rubbish argument.

Let's look at Nasri when he came, shall we?

Good player, yes.
Bags of potential, **** yes.
Premier league experience? None at all.

And look how he adapted.

He's taken almost two years to adapt and was bought in a summer transfer window, not in the middle of a season.

We could go on all night long with examples and counter-examples, but the fact is it takes time for players from foreign leagues to settle, especially defenders.

It took Koscielny until just before Xmas to stabilise himself, he makes noticeably fewer errors these days.

Of course I'd like to see Wenger spend, but there's no point paying over the odds for a player who may not even adapt. (such as Reyes)
Reply 3007
Original post by rhinger
Wenger raped your mum and titty****ed her in front of 50,000 supporters. U mad

I don't think that's right :erm:

I'm being serious, I missed the game and you're more realistic and balanced than most of the posters in this thread.
Reply 3008
Original post by V1NY
Yeah when your goalkeeper refused to give the ball back and was trying to shove Nolan away. Anyway I don't want to argue with you guys, I have great respect for most of you here.

Sorry, but how can you not see that as an assault :confused: . Sczesny will get the yellow card for his stupidity but that's not an excuse for Nolan to do something like that. If you see this as arguing then i'm sorry, it just hurts to see football being ruined like that.
Reply 3009
Chelsea have Terry as captain,United have Vidic and Arsenal have the bottler Fabregas.
Original post by M_E_X
No, one of his legs/feet was offside, by a good chunk.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xgwjr0

Watch from 0:23.

that is far to close for the linemen to call that from the other side

its offside, but the offside rules changes so much

i'm not even a arsenal fan, but this game has annoyed me with how bad refs are in this league

you have
nolan not getting sent off for his textbook headlock takedown
barton doing what he wants when he wants
diaby was a fair call, but they are not calling the game fair
Phil Dowd is definitely Uniteds best signing in the transfer window.

Why the **** didnt Wengerl buy a defender. We're ****ed for the Barca game.
Anybody got a clip of Tiote's goal?

I sense a new sig.
Reply 3013
If United don't lose today, I'll cry.
Reply 3014
Original post by yunghamz
Sorry, but how can you not see that as an assault :confused: . Sczesny will get the yellow card for his stupidity but that's not an excuse for Nolan to do something like that. If you see this as arguing then i'm sorry, it just hurts to see football being ruined like that.

Well lets be honest if your keeper didn't try and be a clever dick that wouldn't have happened.
Reply 3015
Tiote would have been a great signing for Arsenal he is much better than Song.
I think ziz ali and mo matrix is the same person, they both seem to be agreeing on irrelevant points. We didn't lose the game(draw) because of fabregas we drew because our defence was ****. simples
Original post by MoMatrix
Chelsea have Terry as captain,United have Vidic and Arsenal have the bottler Fabregas.

You look at other clubs captains:
Gerrard, Vidic, Terry, Nolan, Shawcross, Cattermole, Davies, Tevez etc. Doesn't matter if their good or not, all of them are fighters and leaders. Then you see Cesc Fabregas and realise where it is all going wrong.
Reply 3018
Original post by robinson999
that is far to close for the linemen to call that from the other side

its offside, but the offside rules changes so much

i'm not even a arsenal fan, but this game has annoyed me with how bad refs are in this league

you have
nolan not getting sent off for his textbook headlock takedown
barton doing what he wants when he wants
diaby was a fair call, but they are not calling the game fair

What are you talking about "far too close to call"? RVP is clearly in front. The linesman got the decision absolutely right. You shouldn't have any complaints about it at all.

I didn't even watch the game so I don't know about the specific incidents you've mentioned. I can see why you'd be frustrated to only draw this game, though. Do you not blame Diaby, Kos and Squillaci more than anyone else, though?

Original post by Mess.
:woohoo:

I would love Newcastle to go down :coma:

I see you got negged for saying that, as well :rofl: (as well as me)
Tiote is incomparable to Alex Song.

Song is a fantastic player and has been the key to our midfield for well over a season now. You can really tell when he's missing (i.e. today).

I'm not sure who's the bigger **** - Phil Dowd or Joey Barton.

Latest