The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Haha I understood that, Kurdish here who understands farsi haha to spoil the party. Come to Loughborough and be with me! To be honest I have a feeling York is probably better, but I always thought Loughborough had quite a bit of Maths, just not as good in application.

Depends what Job you want after too... bare hot girls at SOAS my brother said.

Have you visited any of them though?

York > Loughborough> SOAS if you want to go into Finance

SOAS is good but not very maths-orientated so it depends what type of Economics degree you want :smile:
Reply 1701
Original post by GoldenApple
Same! When do you reckon we will hear?

I don't know, apparently they're pretty late offer makers but on the website they say they invite everyone they're considering to an open day. I would've expected to hear about something like that by now...
Original post by a.nk
I don't know, apparently they're pretty late offer makers but on the website they say they invite everyone they're considering to an open day. I would've expected to hear about something like that by now...

Yh that's what I was thinking as well. The thing is, I don't think that they have issued a batch of rejections/ offers recently which makes me think that they will soon.
Original post by Ramin Gorji
salam dariush jan. Fekr mikonam York as hamashoon behtar bashe as nazereh dars va repuation va az loughborough va soas khely reazish bishtar hast va harchi bishtar ke behtar :wink: . SOAS moshkelesh in ast ke kar bad az dars kheli narrow hast va fekr meekonam zakht tar bashad aghe as SOAS betoneen bereen reshteye finance dar ayandeh. akhareen nokteh in ast man ham York offer dar am va kheli khosh hal misham ke be ye iraneyeh dege ashnah beshavam haha :P .

Original post by SuperKurd
Haha I understood that, Kurdish here who understands farsi haha to spoil the party. Come to Loughborough and be with me! To be honest I have a feeling York is probably better, but I always thought Loughborough had quite a bit of Maths, just not as good in application.

Depends what Job you want after too... bare hot girls at SOAS my brother said.

Have you visited any of them though?

York > Loughborough> SOAS if you want to go into Finance

SOAS is good but not very maths-orientated so it depends what type of Economics degree you want :smile:

Thanks for your opinions guys. Merciii. Kheyli mamnun.
Half of me wants to go York, and half wants me to go SOAS. Tbh I don't really wanna go Loughborough hahahaha.

I thought the SOAS course still has maths in it though. After my degree I want to do postgrad study somewhere but I don't want to spoil my chances at a top uni because the math content in my course isn't high enough. :frown:

Khoshbakhtam... kheyli khoshhal shodam.:wink:
Reply 1704
Yh that's what I was thinking as well. The thing is, I don't think that they have issued a batch of rejections/ offers recently which makes me think that they will soon.

I got a letter today from them saying that they 'intend to make' me an offer but I have to go to an open day before they actually can. YAY :smile:
Original post by a.nk
I got a letter today from them saying that they 'intend to make' me an offer but I have to go to an open day before they actually can. YAY :smile:

Wow congrats!!!

Are you international btw? and was there an email?
rejected from Bath yesterday, but expected mainly due to AAAB at AS and possibly lack of A* GCSE's. sucks though because my B at AS was only 4 UMS off an A.. so 4 UMS could have potentially determined everything.
makes me worried about replies from Bristol and Warwick too since they are both universities on par or even better than Bath!
Reply 1707
Wow congrats!!!

Are you international btw? and was there an email?

No I live in Oxford so the letter wouldn't have had to travel far! There was no email either. Good luck!
Original post by thesnowman
Oh fair enough, theres always bound to be a range of factors, I was just pointing out that they emailed me saying that most offer holders had all A's, you could be one of the minority, because they may have really liked you so well done anyway! and on the Durham offer too, thats amazing! Good luck for Warwick

Thanks good luck with your unis too :smile:
Original post by Superimpose
rejected from Bath yesterday, but expected mainly due to AAAB at AS and possibly lack of A* GCSE's. sucks though because my B at AS was only 4 UMS off an A.. so 4 UMS could have potentially determined everything.
makes me worried about replies from Bristol and Warwick too since they are both universities on par or even better than Bath!

Dang I think my Rejection may be comign in soon because i pretty much follow the same criteria u and got a B in AS which was 6 ums off A, i also lack A* in GCSE so dang :confused:
Btw when did u send off UCAS?
(edited 13 years ago)
All offers back now :smile:

Offers from Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, and Bath; rejected from Cambridge after-interview!
Got offers for economics bsc from
Royal Holloway - ABB
Reading uni -ABB
Brunel - 320 points 4yearSW

Just need to pick insurance and firm - any suggestions (btw i wanna go into finance after uni)

Im finking of RHUL as firm and Brunel as Insurance
Reply 1712
When did you get your offer?

Ahh congratulation I am so jealous, are you international, and what is the offer?! I have applied to both UCL L100 and L101 but have heard nothing off them! I got 8.5 a*s and A at GCSE as well as additional maths. At Alevel I am predicted a*a*a. WHat do people reckon my chances are? x
Original post by FKT
Ahh congratulation I am so jealous, are you international, and what is the offer?! I have applied to both UCL L100 and L101 but have heard nothing off them! I got 8.5 a*s and A at GCSE as well as additional maths. At Alevel I am predicted a*a*a. WHat do people reckon my chances are? x

I think your chances are looking good as long as your Personal statement is very strong and you have done loads of Extra Curricular activies for it.

Because you do get people that devote their lives from year 9 to go to these schools (people to watch out for lol) - but i'd rather get drunk on a weekend which is why im not going to a Russell Group Uni haha - Im heading for RHUL :P

Good luck anyways !

- i dont see why someone would neg this its only what i 'reckon'
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by a.nk

I got the same letter today for economics. Are we guaranteed offers now??? I don't know if its too early to celebrate! :/
Reply 1715
Original post by Mclovin 93
I got the same letter today for economics. Are we guaranteed offers now??? I don't know if its too early to celebrate! :/

It's pretty much an offer
I went to one of these and received my offer shortly after
Have UCL mentioned anything on your UCAS or is it jut a letter, im still waiting :/
Original post by economics1993
All offers back now :smile:

Offers from Durham, Birmingham, Nottingham, and Bath; rejected from Cambridge after-interview!

Firm and insurance??
Original post by rubberdam123
Firm and insurance??

Durham firm (AAA) and Birmingham insurance (AAB). Bath was A*AA but had never visited the university and prefer the Durham course!
Original post by economics1993
Durham firm (AAA) and Birmingham insurance (AAB). Bath was A*AA but had never visited the university and prefer the Durham course!

Why did you choose durham over nottingham? I'm torn between the 2 at the moment.

Latest

Trending

Trending