The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1800
Original post by ellie_velvet
Good luck with Warwick then! Hopefully you'll have more luck than me, haha. Offers/Rejections so far?

Thankyou!
Offers from Southampton, Surrey and Birmingham and rejection from Notts.
you?
Original post by simonc1993
No email yet, came up on track 10 minutes ago

I'm really sorry, good luck with your others :smile:
Bath- Unsuccessful
UCL - Unsuccessful
Notts -Unsuccessful
Manchester -AB
Southampton -AB
Grades: Maths A* one year, fmath, economics, Politics, A*A*B. All giving academic record not good enough but Bath said they recieved applicants with better grades. Seriously WTF did people get predicted 5 A*'s ?
Original post by Simon_Sbk
Bath- Unsuccessful
UCL - Unsuccessful
Notts -Unsuccessful
Manchester -AB
Southampton -AB
Grades: Maths A* one year, fmath, economics, Politics, A*A*B. All giving academic record not good enough but Bath said they recieved applicants with better grades. Seriously WTF did people get predicted 5 A*'s ?

Are you a gap year student sorry or are you predicted A*A*B in fmaths, eco and politics and have already achieved A* in maths?

Thats crazy!
Rejected by Warwick and Bath tonight :frown:
Original post by joebarron
Are you a gap year student sorry or are you predicted A*A*B in fmaths, eco and politics and have already achieved A* in maths?

Thats crazy!

Not gap year did Math A level one year
So alvels overall if i get predicted are :A*A*A*B and got rejected from my top 3 unis. What i was expecting to be backup jus incase **** happens in exam period are know my first choices, I guess life jus isn't fair!
Original post by pinggor
Thankyou!
Offers from Southampton, Surrey and Birmingham and rejection from Notts.
you?

Offer from Birmingham, rejected by Notts and Warwick, and I haven't heard back from UCL/Bath. Maybe hoping for a Bath offer, but we'll see. Going to the Birmingham Open Day on March 16th?
Received an offer from Warwick 2 hours ago for A*AAA (inc. Maths and Further Maths)
News from York anyone?
Original post by pete.mcfc
News from York anyone?
They are taking their time :angry:
Original post by OVERCAPITALISED

Have you applied too?
I heard they process applications in rounds. So the very best and worst get offers/rejections first round, then they look at the again and repeat until the places are filled.
News from York anyone?

Original post by OVERCAPITALISED

Have you applied too?
I heard they process applications in rounds. So the very best and worst get offers/rejections first round, then they look at the again and repeat until the places are filled.

see my signature.

but i think i got the offer because im international student not because i was the "very best."
I want to show my grades but i can't because my school does not let students to see them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Rejection from Warwick
Reply 1813
Original post by Simon_Sbk
Bath- Unsuccessful
UCL - Unsuccessful
Notts -Unsuccessful
Manchester -AB
Southampton -AB

Its a joke how international students need BBB's for a course in which the HOME students are required to achieve A*A*A's?
Just been rejected by UCL.. Was a bit of a long-shot though.
Original post by simonc1993
Haha, cheers but I've got the only two offers I'm going to get now :smile:
Good luck to you too, I take it you haven't recieved a rejection for Bath yet which should be a good sign! (or not according to the grumpy mcgroo who negged this, I'm annoyed because it's my first ever neg)

thank you :smile:
lool it wasnt me! I'll give you a positive rating!
Original post by Trece13
Its a joke how international students need BBB's for a course in which the HOME students are required to achieve A*A*A's?

Very true, I thought once we get into university money would no longer be an object which holds back some from competing with those with an unfair advantage but as we have clearly seen again, International student who are going to pay more get in some of which have an academic record which UCAS does not recognise. Just proves that whoever says money is not an object is a FOOL!
Original post by ellie_velvet
Just been rejected by UCL.. Was a bit of a long-shot though.

Aww dw where else have u applied?
rejection from UCL lol...never expected to get in lol!

Hopefully Warwick gives me an offer but doubt it!
Reply 1819
cambridge - rejection
durham - ...
bristol - AAA
bath - A*AA in eco and maths
notts - rejection
predicted 5 A*s.
any home students waiting to hear from durham still?

Latest

Trending

Trending