The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.Adams VI
You didn't win ugly against Crawley, you were just poor.

You can't brandish every marginal win as winning ugly you fish.

We did win, and it was ugly. Just like many of our victories this season. And I hope we continue playing ugly football and laugh our away to the title.

I can.

Original post by PlasticBag
Lol- top of their league- Its non league football for gods sake! You should be absoloutley ass whopping them back to Crawley!

I watched the Man u game, and have watched the majority of Man u games this season, and I'm still struggling to fathom how you lot are on top of the league at this stage with how bad you've played.

I understand that we haven't been the most consistent team, but we've played a HELL of a lot better than you have.

I guess now we have to beat you at the Emirates, and I'm 100% sure that you'll drop points in one of the two Chelsea ties. Its just a matter of time :colone::colone:

You obviously don't know Crawley, their financial muscle, or the background of many of their players. Not saying it was an acceptable performance, it was poor, but we won.

Because you have to play extremely beautiful football over the course of 38 games to win the league eh? :smile:

I'm 100% sure you'll also drop points. We'll both drop points. If you've been watching Chelsea I'm sure you'll be worried that we could also take 6 points. :colone: :colone:
Reply 4281
Original post by antonfigo
The one he let in for Walcott last year was a tame shot too. Meh.
imo reina is better i comparision though

Valdes is better.

No 3-2 is an ideal loss. Or 4-3.

Judging by all our previous encounters, it is very likely we'll score (look at our past 4 matches with them). If we score they need to score 3.

There is no saying we can't score 2, in which case they'd need 4. With Pique missing and the premiership in form striker fit, we certainly have a good chance of knocking them out.

2-1 is an ideal loss for them. It won't be easy to score in Nou Camp that is for sure.
Original post by Mastermind`
We did win, and it was ugly. Just like many of our victories this season. And I hope we continue playing ugly football and laugh our away to the title.

I can.

You obviously don't know Crawley, their financial muscle, or the background of many of their players. Not saying it was an acceptable performance, it was poor, but we won.

Because you have to play extremely beautiful football over the course of 38 games to win the league eh? :smile:

I'm 100% sure you'll also drop points. We'll both drop points. If you've been watching Chelsea I'm sure you'll be worried that we could also take 6 points. :colone: :colone:

You didn't win ugly, you were just ****. It's quite simple.

It is possible to play **** and win you know?
No 3-2 is an ideal loss. Or 4-3.

Judging by all our previous encounters, it is very likely we'll score (look at our past 4 matches with them). If we score they need to score 3.

There is no saying we can't score 2, in which case they'd need 4. With Pique missing and the premiership in form striker fit, we certainly have a good chance of knocking them out.

It's still ideal to get an away goal. They did that.

No, if you score, they need to score 2 at least to take it to extra time.

They missed their 2 CBs last time out, didn't stop them putting 4 past you. They also have a wonderful record at home. They'll win the game at least, imo.
Original post by jit987

2-1 is an ideal loss for them. It won't be easy to score in Nou Camp that is for sure.

No it's not. It is only ideal if they are capable of keeping a clean sheet against us, which will probably not happen. So I fail how to see how it can be ideal for them.

An away goal is only beneficial if you can stop the opposing team from getting an away goal.
(edited 13 years ago)
You didn't win ugly, you were just ****. It's quite simple.

It is possible to play **** and win you know?

Well our definitions of 'winning ugly' then obviously differ. I doubt you'd know anything about winning ugly, though. After all, you are an Arsenal fan.

One of those terrible, deluded ones too. :sly:
I don't understand this thread.

One minute people are saying Arsenal will get battered by Barca at the nou camp then they are saying don't write Orient off at emirates? Vice versa with the Arsenal fans who I assume were in the woodwork until Wednesday night.

Anyway performance was poor specifically in the final third. Song, Sagna, Rosicky, Chamakh, Arshavin should have given us enough quality to see them off tbh.

Replay is nothing but bad news looks like the squad won't get more than 4 days rest for a while.
It's still ideal to get an away goal. They did that.

No, if you score, they need to score 2 at least to take it to extra time.

They missed their 2 CBs last time out, didn't stop them putting 4 past you. They also have a wonderful record at home. They'll win the game at least, imo.

Silvestre vs Messi :yy:
They put 4 past a team containing Silvestre, Eboue and Song in the back 4. Not really a major achievement tbh.
Original post by sr90
There is **** all money in League One, do you know how much that replay will be worth to them? Not to mention a day out to visit one of the finest stadiums in the country instead of Colchester, Oldham, Milton Keynes or most of the **** grounds League One has to offer.

Stadium:mk is not ****. :nah:

Back on topic, I didn't see the game as I was out but it doesn't sound like I missed much. Hopefully our 2nd XI will realise they can't play that badly if they want to stay at the club.
Silvestre vs Messi :yy:

Play the high line you played in the first leg and watch yourselves get raped, whatever the CB pairing. :yy:
Reply 4291
Original post by marcusmerehay
I said shots on goal (i.e. total shots). :yy:

Even then my stats say we had 2 more :dontknow: differing sources maybe
Well our definitions of 'winning ugly' then obviously differ. I doubt you'd know anything about winning ugly, though. After all, you are an Arsenal fan.

One of those terrible, deluded ones too. :sly:

Yes and you're one of them uneducated glory hunters.

I know much more about football than you can imagine, but unfortunately this forum isn't the place to express my knowledge. As long as I keep getting pos reps from people who know anything about football, I'll be happy.

United played **** yesterday, that's all there is to it. You can't label it winning ugly when it suits you. Otherwise we've won ugly many times this season as well.

Eventually the averageness within the United side will get found out. It clearly can't last forever.
Yes and you're one of them uneducated glory hunters.

I know much more about football than you can imagine, but unfortunately this forum isn't the place to express my knowledge. As long as I keep getting pos reps from people who know anything about football, I'll be happy.

United played **** yesterday, that's all there is to it. You can't label it winning ugly when it suits you. Otherwise we've won ugly many times this season as well.

Eventually the averageness within the United side will get found out. It clearly can't last forever.

You know someone isn't worth debating with when they resort to the 'glory hunter' argument.

Stick to maths.

Goodnight. :kiss:
:frown:
You know someone isn't worth debating with when they resort to the 'glory hunter' argument.

Stick to maths.

Goodnight. :kiss:

Lol at the 'stick to maths'.

Clearly you're not able to construct rational well thought out arguments. That seems to be a common problem with people like you. You also seem to think all Arsenal fans share the same views, which clearly highlights your daftness with regards to a lot of the arguments in this thread.
Original post by Colbert
Don't flatter yourself, I have never discussed football with you. You have failed to display any awareness or knowledge of the game so why would anyone bother with you tbf.

:rofl:

I see what you are doing, but I will not take the bait.
Reply 4298
No it's not. It is only ideal if they are capable of keeping a clean sheet against us, which will probably not happen. So I fail how to see how it can be ideal for them.

An away goal is only beneficial if you can stop the opposing team from getting an away goal.

You seriously need to watch matches of Barca playing at home this season. :wink: They will keep even more possession at home than they did at Emirates and playing Barca at Nou Camp is a completely different game....
Original post by marcusmerehay
They put 4 past a team containing Silvestre, Eboue and Song in the back 4. Not really a major achievement tbh.

What was the back four for the Newcastle match?

Latest