The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ryan118244
Well done!!!
We were interviewed on the same day! Wish I got an offer as well haha

Thank you!!! So we were!! How did you get on?
Original post by SRK.
Wow ! well In ! ! Can I ask what your UKCAT score is and when you were interviewed ? ? Did you find out about this right now or earlier on ...

Cheers :wink: UKCAT was 2710 and interviewed last Wednesday!! Found out a couple of hours ago :smile:
Reply 1082
Original post by jcarberry1
I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!! EEEEEEEEP :banana:

Heeey congratz!!! :smile: They even got back at you really quickly as well! :smile: I hope I'll be in St Andrews as well and then I'll say hi to you there :biggrin:
Reply 1083
Thank you!!! So we were!! How did you get on?

Hah well clearly not that well lol
Reply 1084
I GOT AN UNCONDITIONAL OFFER!!! EEEEEEEEP :banana:

Nice one! Haha, that takes the pressure off you for March! :tongue: Damn, 2710 for the UKCAT, you deserve the unconditional! :biggrin: Well done!
Who else has an interview this afternoon?
Good luck!
Original post by rafaelvdv93
Who else has an interview this afternoon?
Good luck!

i do D: D: D:

also, quick question anyone...
are you allowed to take bags into the interview room? cos iv got a tickly throat so itd be handy to have a bottle of water in with me.
and also, are you defo allowed to write on the article thing you get, like to highlight etc?
(edited 13 years ago)
After a month of being pretty relaxed after my interview, after seeing an unconditional offer come out, the anxiety has now flooded in, this is gonna be a long 3/4 weeks until we hear I think!

Congratulations jcarberry1, you must have had an outstanding interview to hear in such a short time!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1088
Original post by atomos
i do D: D: D:

also, quick question anyone...
are you allowed to take bags into the interview room? cos iv got a tickly throat so itd be handy to have a bottle of water in with me.
and also, are you defo allowed to write on the article thing you get, like to highlight etc?

Noone says that you're not allowed to bring water with you :smile: Before the interview you leave your bags in a room but some brought their ags with them!

You can write aaaaalll over the article if you want to, my article was filled with orange and pink writing all over... xD
You can write aaaaalll over the article if you want to, my article was filled with orange and pink writing all over... xD
I haven't had my interview yet, and am wondering if we're meant to bring the article into the interview room with us?
Reply 1090
Original post by lola1993
I haven't had my interview yet, and am wondering if we're meant to bring the article into the interview room with us?

Yes :smile: Don't worry about your interview, they'll guide you very clearly on what you've to do. You can bring water in as well if you want.
Original post by Carter BSc
After a month of being pretty relaxed after my interview, after seeing an unconditional offer come out, the anxiety has now flooded in, this is gonna be a long 3/4 weeks until we hear I think!

Congratulations jcarberry1, you must have had an outstanding interview to hear in such a short time!

Thank you so much :wink: I was pretty confident about my interview but I never thought it was THAT good! Because I did slip up a little on the article questions!! How do you think you got on??
Original post by Anterior view
Well done is it your 1st choice

I don't know!!I'm going between St Andrews and Glasgow. If I get an offer from Glasgow I will be tearing my hair out deciding where to go!!!!!
Interview done! it wasn't toooo bad except from i slipped up when they asked about the course cos my mind went blank so i only remembered about the simulated patients and they had to remind me about the GP placements and hospital, but apart from that it was fine i suppose!
I was the first one finished out of my group though, not sure if thats good or bad... :P they ran out of things to ask me though and then asked me what primary school i went to cos one of the interviewers kids is at a school near me :P
Another question... does anyone know how often the GP/community hospital placements are at St. Andrews?
Original post by atomos

I drew a picture in the white cavity of a lung on the article.

The interviewer was like, "You're the first applicant to draw on the picture."

Internally, I was like "Fuuuuuuuuuu....:colonhash:" and **** myself.

And then she went, "I would've done that to in your situation, when I was younger."

:colondollar:

tl:dr, yes draw to your heart's content.
Hey. I got an offer from St Andrews yesterday!! I'm definitely firming!!!
It definitely goes to show that if you dnt make it the first time, you should try again!
It worked for me :smile:
Good luck!!
I got a conditional offer!!! WOOO!
Don't know what the conditions are as it was only updated on track today but I am so happy!! :biggrin:
Reply 1098
Original post by fieldsofgold
Hey. I got an offer from St Andrews yesterday!! I'm definitely firming!!!
It definitely goes to show that if you dnt make it the first time, you should try again!
It worked for me :smile:
Good luck!!

Original post by Shellfish002
I got a conditional offer!!! WOOO!
Don't know what the conditions are as it was only updated on track today but I am so happy!! :biggrin:

^^^^ Well done both of you!!!
When were you interviewed?
Original post by ryan118244
^^^^ Well done both of you!!!
When were you interviewed?

Thank you! :smile:

I was interviewed on the 9th February :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending