Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Any Biology Offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Got a rejection today.:bawling:

Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear back, hope its not the same as mine! :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Popey93
Got a rejection today.:bawling:

Goodluck to everyone else waiting to hear back, hope its not the same as mine! :biggrin:

Same here; today is a sad day :frown:
Reply 82
Did you both get rejections on the 23rd? :gasp: I haven't heard back yet but it looks very bad since yumyums had 4 A predictions and an EPQ...:redface:
Original post by I_like_yumyums

Sorry to hear it guys :frown:
Reply 84
Original post by I_like_yumyums

:eek: 4 A's and an EPQ. Thats much better than me, so im not surprised I got rejected :tongue:

Sad to hear it though. Their loss right? :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by Crazydavy
Did you both get rejections on the 23rd? :gasp: I haven't heard back yet but it looks very bad since yumyums had 4 A predictions and an EPQ...:redface:

If youve not heard back then its a good thing! You survived yesterdays batch of rejections and so the pile is getting less meaning you have more chance of an offer no? :colondollar:
Reply 86
Original post by Popey93
If youve not heard back then its a good thing! You survived yesterdays batch of rejections and so the pile is getting less meaning you have more chance of an offer no? :colondollar:

I think you two applied a little earlier than me, so maybe they haven't reached my application in this cruel round of rejections :redface:
Reply 87
Haha yea I'm rejected, oh well it was pretty far North and I have some excellent offers closer to home :smile:
Am glad it wasn't just me then...

Are you going to find out why you were rejected though? I did...:angry:
Reply 89
Original post by BlueEyes_WearsGlasses
Am glad it wasn't just me then...

Are you going to find out why you were rejected though? I did...:angry:

What did they say?
Reply 90
My friend just got rejected aswell, I'm so shocked all you guys are getting rejected ! your all predicted and will probably get way above the required grades and I highly doubt its your PS/Reference thats letting all of you guys down because you all seem really motivated :frown:

Really sorry to hear about the rejections :frown: , I'm still waiting for Physics and I'm feeling a rejection must be on the way next week...

Couldn't believe it when my friend got rejected, he had a silver in the bio olympiad + had stupidly high UMS with his only B being 4 UMS of the A :/
Reply 91
I got an email with the generic - we receive a lot of great applicants and cant offer everyone a place reason. Although I suspect the fact I haven't got A*'s at GCSE, or predicted all A's at a level didn't help :/
Wow...I'm surprised so many of us got rejected...I was rejected a month ago and it still hurts...

I've going round the Liverpool post-application open day on Saturday though, to see what I think of them. If they haven't taken any of us, who have they given offers to?

The reason I got was that they had to take it down to individual module results...so I reckon they chucked out all the other things they claim they look at and based it on that. How, (insert expletive) frustrating is that.
Reply 93
Original post by BlueEyes_WearsGlasses
Wow...I'm surprised so many of us got rejected...I was rejected a month ago and it still hurts...

I've going round the Liverpool post-application open day on Saturday though, to see what I think of them. If they haven't taken any of us, who have they given offers to?

The reason I got was that they had to take it down to individual module results...so I reckon they chucked out all the other things they claim they look at and based it on that. How, (insert expletive) frustrating is that.

I suppose they had to judge on something and it's inevitable that they will always miss out on people who would have done better on the course than some of the people they accepted which isn't helped by the fact that they don't interview. Although someone did get in with a B at AS and I got rejected with an A :confused:
Reply 94
Still feeling bitter a week later about it :frown:

crazydavy
Although someone did get in with a B at AS and I got rejected with an A

People got offers with B at AS biology? Frustrating!

Shows that they must look at things other than grades...
Reply 95
Original post by Popey93

Original post by Popey93
Still feeling bitter a week later about it :frown:

People got offers with B at AS biology? Frustrating!

Shows that they must look at things other than grades...

Like something extraordinary as writing a journal at the age of 17? I got a rejection too:frown:
Reply 96
Original post by Aydn9
Like something extraordinary as writing a journal at the age of 17? I got a rejection too:frown:

Virtual hugs for you :smile:
Sometimes I wonder what more they could want... pah.
I am sorry to hear that guys, my tutor is the admissions tutor for Biology and he said its been very tough this year.

They will in the next few years move the grades up to AAA for Biology (via a transition period),

also he said about 90% of the personal statement mentioned 'David Attenborough' lol
Reply 98
Original post by Johnny Luk
I am sorry to hear that guys, my tutor is the admissions tutor for Biology and he said its been very tough this year.

They will in the next few years move the grades up to AAA for Biology (via a transition period),

also he said about 90% of the personal statement mentioned 'David Attenborough' lol

I didn't get in because I didn't mention good old David!
Reply 99
Original post by Johnny Luk

Hey, just out of interest, did your tutor say how they did choose candidates?
I got an offer for Biology in early November from Durham, and I was surprised about it, considering how early it was (deadline being in January). I assume that most applicants have really similar grades/subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest