The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

2011/12 Postgraduates

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Seelentherapie
Just wondering, do you get another confirmation after accepting your firm offer? Because it says that you can't apply for accomodation before accepting that offer.

I received an email which begins with: "Thank you for returning your firm acceptance form and we look forward to welcoming you to the University of St Andrews." Does this count as a confirmation?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by ammel-ts1
I received an email which begins with: "Thank you for returning your firm acceptance form and we look forward to welcoming you to the University of St Andrews." Does this count as a confirmation?

I guess it does! Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Keep Calm+Carry On
I was really pleased to find out a month ago that I have been accepted onto the M.Litt. MECASS programme for this September, in the IR department. :smile:

Oh, in the IR department as well :smile: MECASS sounds great too, I was thinking about taking one of their classes. I'm excited for September!
Reply 43
BTW any MSc Finance 2011-2012 applicants here?
Reply 44
BTW any MSc Finance 2011-2012 applicants here?

Yes.. yet to hear from them. Do they only make a decision after submission of two references?
Reply 45
Original post by J.babyblue
Yes.. yet to hear from them. Do they only make a decision after submission of two references?

Unfortunately can't draw any conclusions from my experience cause my references were submitted in a matter of days after the initial request.

So.. how long did it take until you got the email after sending your firm acceptance form? It has been a week for me now and I really want to apply for accomodation asap :s-smilie:
Reply 47
So.. how long did it take until you got the email after sending your firm acceptance form? It has been a week for me now and I really want to apply for accomodation asap :s-smilie:

10 days
10 days

Alright, then I just have to be patient. Thank you! :wink:
Reply 49
Hey I got an admission in the ISE program (Economics school), about to book a room in Dean's Court. Any future colleague on this thread?
:smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Grid1363
Hey I got an admission in the ISE program (Economics school), about to book a room in Dean's Court. Any future colleague on this thread?
:smile:

i studied that course two years ago. quite competitive but pays well
Reply 51

yes
I got the 'official email' eventually! And I sent them my accomodation application form on monday...I wonder how long that will take before they get back to me x_x I want everything to be settled already.
Reply 53
I got the 'official email' eventually! And I sent them my accomodation application form on monday...I wonder how long that will take before they get back to me x_x I want everything to be settled already.

Congrats on finally receiving that email! Please keep us posted on your accommodation progress as I am also waiting for this next confirmation :biggrin:
Congrats on finally receiving that email! Please keep us posted on your accommodation progress as I am also waiting for this next confirmation :biggrin:

Well, I applied for accommodation a while back and then received a confirmation acknowledging the receipt of my application a month (!) later. So good luck with that :smile: And then I saw on the website that my top choices aren't even available for 50 weeks in 2011/12, so I submitted another application (still waiting). Accommodation decisions aren't made till June, and apparently there's no guarantee of a place for postgrads.
Reply 55
Original post by Miss_Washington
Well, I applied for accommodation a while back and then received a confirmation acknowledging the receipt of my application a month (!) later. So good luck with that :smile: And then I saw on the website that my top choices aren't even available for 50 weeks in 2011/12, so I submitted another application (still waiting). Accommodation decisions aren't made till June, and apparently there's no guarantee of a place for postgrads.

niiiiiiice...

wait what o_O what are we supposed to do? Camp on the golf course?!
Reply 57
Just received firm confirmation of a place for MLitt. Terrorism Studies in the IR department, can't make the open day but me and another friend are going on April 25th to check the campus out, I haven't been to St. A's in about 6 years! Sent in my accommodation app, first choice Dean's Court but I might just do private accommodation, we'll see! So excited for September :smile:
wait what o_O what are we supposed to do? Camp on the golf course?!

Or pay a ridiculously high rent for a ridiculously small private room :smile: Let's just be optimistic that we'll all get something.
Or pay a ridiculously high rent for a ridiculously small private room :smile: Let's just be optimistic that we'll all get something.

Yes, optimism! I'm gonna ask them about that during the opening day in two weeks though :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending