The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KCosmo
I was wondering about this a while ago, the website's definitely got it wrong though! (hopefully)

Hopefully:redface:
Original post by areyousure?
Hey guys, I know this has been asked many times but I am currently getting all the things I need ready for my little trip to Scotland :P For the interview do I just need any form of ID like my passport, pens and highlighters? or do you think I should take something else.
Thanks !! :biggrin:

ooooo we have an interview on the same day! what time is yours at? :smile:
Original post by KCosmo
Yeh I think that's the case. All of us will have definitely heard by the end of March, but they're not going to send everyones on the 31st, they'll spread it out between now and the next 4 weeks

well, i didn't say they will give out all the offers on the 31st, just that I think they will send them later :confused: but probably you're right ... I mean, even the interview invites weren't sent in only one batch, so, who knows ? ... :smile:
Hey guys, I know this has been asked many times but I am currently getting all the things I need ready for my little trip to Scotland :P For the interview do I just need any form of ID like my passport, pens and highlighters? or do you think I should take something else.
Yeah, just what you said really. Make sure your passport is signed if you're using it as ID (if you're still using a childs passport, it won't be signed).
Reply 1324
Does anyone know if you have to read the medical article under exam conditions, or if you are allowed to use your phone to check definitions etc?

Also, I was wondering if anyone knew how your academics are graded? I have a 2:1 with A's and B's for my modules, but Dundee medical school said that because I didn't have a 1st I was marked with a lower score. I guess I'm just worried that my cumulative score is lowered because 50% is based on academic performance.

... did that make sence to anyone? :s
Original post by azm
Does anyone know if you have to read the medical article under exam conditions, or if you are allowed to use your phone to check definitions etc?

Interesting question. I guess you could. It's not exam conditions per se since, for me, no one was 'supervising'. But maybe, for your own ease of mind (:p:) it can be construed as cheating.

But to be quite honest the article shouldn't have any complicated words at all, so there shouldn't be any need. It's more a test of problem solving, not medical definitions.
Getting close argh, procrastinating on TSR is my only release from talking to myself and making sure I understand the course....
Reply 1327
Original post by spacepirate-James
Interesting question. I guess you could. It's not exam conditions per se since, for me, no one was 'supervising'. But maybe, for your own ease of mind (:p:) it can be construed as cheating.

But to be quite honest the article shouldn't have any complicated words at all, so there shouldn't be any need. It's more a test of problem solving, not medical definitions.

Oh I see! That makes things a little clearer, thanks! I was under the impression we were to critically discuss a research paper, or is it more like an article you can find on BBC health or
Nature?
Reply 1328
Original post by baztech
Getting close argh, procrastinating on TSR is my only release from talking to myself and making sure I understand the course....

Sorry I didn't mean to -ve you! Stupid
iPhone!

I know exactly what you mean, I don't know what else I can do, but I feel guilty if I do anything else!
Original post by azm
Oh I see! That makes things a little clearer, thanks! I was under the impression we were to critically discuss a research paper, or is it more like an article you can find on BBC health or
Nature?

research paper :lolwut: 10 minutes? nah. you've gotta be joking.

no, it's more bbc health style written. well, mine was ... so i don't know about everyone else :erm:
research paper :lolwut: 10 minutes? nah. you've gotta be joking.

no, it's more bbc health style written. well, mine was ... so i don't know about everyone else :erm:

Banter, this relieves the pressure a bit, I did assume it was something similar to bbc health.
Original post by azm
Sorry I didn't mean to -ve you! Stupid
iPhone!

I know exactly what you mean, I don't know what else I can do, but I feel guilty if I do anything else!

I noticed that, I was upset hehe thanks for letting me know though, these things happen.
Original post by baztech
I noticed that, I was upset hehe thanks for letting me know though, these things happen.

I totally + repped you just to make up for the neg. :hubba:
Reply 1333

Spacepirate, what's your first choice? I can't even imagine having a choice right now tbh :tongue:
Reply 1334
[QUOTE="spacepirate-James;30219873"]I totally + repped you just to make up for the neg. :hubba:[/QUOTE

Yeah sorry about that... I just gave you two more!
Reply 1335
I'm getting scared now :frown: I really want an offer from St Andrews :frown:

Cheers James!

Currently not working and making a Saag Masala curry :biggrin: (I say making, I mean pouring in the sauce...).

So who else has the interview on Wednesday? How does the tour work does each block just get the tour straight AFTER the interview? (Then straight to the pub?)
Original post by baztech
Cheers James!

Currently not working and making a Saag Masala curry :biggrin: (I say making, I mean pouring in the sauce...).

So who else has the interview on Wednesday? How does the tour work does each block just get the tour straight AFTER the interview? (Then straight to the pub?)

Yes you have the interview and then the group of people who were all interviewed at the same time have a tour together, the place is amazing!! Good luck with your interview :smile:
Original post by Anterior view
I have 2 rejections and 2 I'm still waiting for but no interviews . I really do think I'm out on my ear!:frown:

Wo sorry for not replying, went away for a bit!
Don't worry you'll be fine. If you're doing your A levels, don't let it distract you!! I'm lucky I managed to get my grades, I was constantly wasting my time waiting. :smile: GOOD LUCK! x
Original post by georgie91
Yes you have the interview and then the group of people who were all interviewed at the same time have a tour together, the place is amazing!! Good luck with your interview :smile:

Cheers georgie91!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending