The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scotth
iLurk.

I'm currently awaiting my finals results (due this week)...so have some sympathy for how you lot are feeling at the moment.

I remember meeting a guy in Little Italy on the open day last year who was in finals at the Glasgow Open Day... He just told me "Don't do it".

The boyf laughed.
Original post by Lost Time
Haha me too! Pretty sure everyone at school thought I was high on something XD Though my Guidance teacher seemed almost as excited as me when she found out!

Oh god, I still don't feel old/mature enough to be going to Uni, let alone moving out! On the other hand I'm really excited about it all! I'll be coming to you whenever I need student life advice/help getting around Glasgow :rolleyes:

Well, have oodles of experience of all - life, uni-life and Glasgow! Will be happy to help! I did say to my interviewers that 40 is the new 30 and they obviously liked that! Lol... :colondollar:
Original post by dmz
Yea, about to start panicking. Any career suggestion that's not 9-5 Monday to Friday and i wouldn't struggle with money?

You could become a pimp. Lol. Easy money.

Or, I could sell you and we can split the profits. You will be doing most of the work though, if you know what I mean. :wink:
Reply 1863
my phone beeped saying i had mail!!

My brother had ordered something off my amazon account :colonhash:
Reply 1864
Original post by danman14
I said "so will the offers come when track updates or.." and she said "err yer probably 6-1/2 6 ish" she sounded very unsure - sorry for giving false hope

6 to 1/2? It's cool, long as there's still a shot
Reply 1865
Original post by danman14
hmm, I don't suppose you know the main reason why people get rejected post-interview? I trying to work out where I went wrong in mine. Unfortunately there are only so many offers that can be made. The only thing taken into account when deciding offers is interview score (a combination of the two interviewers). Clearly, there is a degree of subjectivity which isn't ideal.
Original post by dmz

What do you think of my offer, dmz. You up for it. :biggrin:

But, seriously. Do you have a back-up plan. I though it was acturial science. If it is not on extra, try a different uni.

What about pharmacy, diagnostic radiography, etc.
Original post by dmz
so where did 6 come from?

Tbh i reckon it'll be done around mid night again

Original post by dmz

Think he means around 6:00 - 6:30. I think maybe that is when Glasgow sends them away (why he was told that time) however Track doesn't update until around 11:00 - 12:00. Perhaps it was just the sheer volume of them (Since they do all the days in one batch unlike other unis who seem to do them in two batches I believe.)

Original post by sweetchilli
Well, have oodles of experience of all - life, uni-life and Glasgow! Will be happy to help! I did say to my interviewers that 40 is the new 30 and they obviously liked that! Lol... :colondollar:

Great, nice to know there is someone out there I can definetly rely on in Glasgow! Haha were you interviewers perhaps 40+? :rolleyes:
Haha me too! Pretty sure everyone at school thought I was high on something XD Though my Guidance teacher seemed almost as excited as me when she found out!

Oh god, I still don't feel old/mature enough to be going to Uni, let alone moving out! On the other hand I'm really excited about it all! I'll be coming to you whenever I need student life advice/help getting around Glasgow :rolleyes:

Haha I shouted in the library and was glared at :tongue:

I'm the same! My face looks so young aswell! :tongue: most people think I'm about 14!
Reply 1869
Original post by firestar101
You could become a pimp. Lol. Easy money.

Or, I could sell you and we can split the profits. You will be doing most of the work though, if you know what I mean. :wink:

lol, one of the things I've learnt in life so far is girls don't need to pay for sex (not that i would either but uno :lol:) i have had someone randomly coming to me on the street asking for weed, tho i was walking down a drug neighbourhood, so something there

i don't have an A in maths and it's not on extra for Leeds so gonna be totally going out of comfort zone with whatever i do now
Reply 1870
Think he means around 6:00 - 6:30. I think maybe that is when Glasgow sends them away (why he was told that time) however Track doesn't update until around 11:00 - 12:00. Perhaps it was just the sheer volume of them (Since they do all the days in one batch unlike other unis who seem to do them in two batches I believe.)

Great, nice to know there is someone out there I can definetly rely on in Glasgow! Haha were you interviewers perhaps 40+? :rolleyes:

fair enough, not sure if i can keep up with this
Reply 1871
wel got my offer last night reallly the delighted!all the waiting has paid off!

Good luck to anyone who's yet to hear!

Can someone link to the thread that has the pros and cons of all the medical schools i can't seem to find it???would really appreciate it!

Thanks and good luck guys
My friend just got an offer there now
Reply 1873
Original post by phill232

got it now or found out now?

Right now or was it sent last night?
There now
There now

Now refreshing track like a mental person.
Reply 1877
There now

huh?
Reply 1878
Original post by Harbour Seal
Now refreshing track like a mental person.

wouldn't it all come up at the same time?
Original post by dmz
wouldn't it all come up at the same time?

No :frown: don't think so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending