Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Interview for UEL Primary PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mehra
Thank you cbill84, wow thas really not alot of time to prepare....eeek im so nervous, i called them up this week and they said they should be getting back to me soon.... any good advice for the interview??

well done on your offer btw!! :biggrin:

the main thing is dont panic!easier said than done i know!! i see an earlier post by Lindad on this which is very very helpful ..just take a look.
my advice re the lesson plan is just decide on one thing and stick to it.i was all over the place at the start chopping and changing, but once I stuck with one i was sorted. I based it on the senses, and bring in some resources I had laminated powerpoints something simple.

re maths i was worried about it but i soon realised there was no need to be!i practiced some sample tests I got online (cant rem where i think i googled them), which freaked me out. I thought the maths was ok, compared to what I was expecting cos maths wouldnt be a strong point of mine.

re english as previous posts state a short essay on your fave teacher and some exercises as detailed in lindads post.

ICT was just a questionnaire.....

as for the interview itself, to be honest I researched all possible threads with sample questions I could find on google , and pasted all onto the one document to read over...i was not taking any chances!!! :smile:...but yeah was asked challenges of working in london school, how i know i want to be a teacher, a question based around professionalism i cant remember exactly how it was worded, equal opportunities, also have an educational issue in your head.....that is all i can remember , i must say I talked non stop though trying to get in as much as I could......

hope this helps you, & others!!!!!
any more questions feel free!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck!!!!:smile::smile:
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi!

Has anyone ever done the PGCE Secondary Science or math interview at UEL or know someone who did? I would be glad If you could give me some ideas about following questions.

1-I will be asked to write in response to a text- any ideas on what sort of thing this will be? Essay writing, spelling or grammar correcting from a text etc.??? They will be assessing my content, handwriting, spelling, grammar and punctuation.

2- I will also have to complete a subject task- again, anymore detail about this? Multiple choice, gap filling or simply writting short or long answers?

3- For my interview I have to prepare a lesson plan for a Year 7 lesson lasting an hour and 5 minutes presentation. Should I prepare it on computer using power point etc. or simply hand writing document? What kind of facilities can we find and use for presentation in the interview rooms?

Thanks for any help in advance, it will be greatly appreciated.

Cigdem
Reply 22
Original post by cbill84

Original post by cbill84
the main thing is dont panic!easier said than done i know!! i see an earlier post by Lindad on this which is very very helpful ..just take a look.
my advice re the lesson plan is just decide on one thing and stick to it.i was all over the place at the start chopping and changing, but once I stuck with one i was sorted. I based it on the senses, and bring in some resources I had laminated powerpoints something simple.

re maths i was worried about it but i soon realised there was no need to be!i practiced some sample tests I got online (cant rem where i think i googled them), which freaked me out. I thought the maths was ok, compared to what I was expecting cos maths wouldnt be a strong point of mine.

re english as previous posts state a short essay on your fave teacher and some exercises as detailed in lindads post.

ICT was just a questionnaire.....

as for the interview itself, to be honest I researched all possible threads with sample questions I could find on google , and pasted all onto the one document to read over...i was not taking any chances!!! :smile:...but yeah was asked challenges of working in london school, how i know i want to be a teacher, a question based around professionalism i cant remember exactly how it was worded, equal opportunities, also have an educational issue in your head.....that is all i can remember , i must say I talked non stop though trying to get in as much as I could......

hope this helps you, & others!!!!!
any more questions feel free!!!!!!!!!!!!good luck!!!!:smile::smile:

Yes thank you that has helped.

I have my interview on wednesday next week and I think you are right about the plan thing. I was going to do mine on senses too, but it just was not pulling together. So i scrapped that and ended up trying to do something based on familiar setting for literacy. Feeling a lil more confident, but im jus going to keep practicing, practicing, practicing!!!!

Do you know what level the maths is goin to be on? Ive been looking at qaudratic graphs, is that the kind of level i should be looking at???

Educational issue is annoying me at the mo, but im going to defo pick one asap and research it thoroughly. Any suggestions where to start would be helpful as i feel that i have a sea of strands to get through.

And thank you again for all your advice. Twas very helpful! :biggrin:
Reply 23
hey,
UEL contacted me today telling me I have an interview for the primary pgce on the 5th may, is this very late? is it possible they will have filled up all their vacancies on the course by then?
Reply 24
Original post by ireland11

hey,
UEL contacted me today telling me I have an interview for the primary pgce on the 5th may, is this very late? is it possible they will have filled up all their vacancies on the course by then?

I dont think they would... I had an interview this week and the man was saying that they still have alot of places to fill up! But still May is quite far off...

Might be an better to call and ask them... thas what I would do.

Does anyone on here know how long it takes for UEL to reply after interviews. I saw that anntm said the next week, but ive been hearing different things :frown:.

Think I may call them if i havnt heard by next week too.
Reply 25
Original post by Mehra
Yes thank you that has helped.

I have my interview on wednesday next week and I think you are right about the plan thing. I was going to do mine on senses too, but it just was not pulling together. So i scrapped that and ended up trying to do something based on familiar setting for literacy. Feeling a lil more confident, but im jus going to keep practicing, practicing, practicing!!!!

Do you know what level the maths is goin to be on? Ive been looking at qaudratic graphs, is that the kind of level i should be looking at???

Educational issue is annoying me at the mo, but im going to defo pick one asap and research it thoroughly. Any suggestions where to start would be helpful as i feel that i have a sea of strands to get through.

And thank you again for all your advice. Twas very helpful! :biggrin:

hey Mehra, im only after reading this now!!!!!i hope your interview went well for you?im sure you were great, , let me know how you got on!!!!!
Reply 26
Original post by cbill84

Original post by cbill84
hey Mehra, im only after reading this now!!!!!i hope your interview went well for you?im sure you were great, , let me know how you got on!!!!!

Hey cbill84, I think the actual interview process was ok! The man was really nice and he made you feel as though you could really talk naturally.

I'm more worried about the tests though. Do you know how many questions you had to get right to pass in Maths and English? There were like three sheets in total.

They took two weeks to get back from to you right?
Reply 27
Original post by cbill84

Original post by cbill84

Ooh and also, thank you for all your support aswell...Much appreciated!!
Reply 28
cheers mehra, yeah i rang and asked the pgce administrator and she said there still should be pplaces as i'm being interviewed for a place on the course, not the waiting list, so hopefully there are still places left!!! anyone else got an interview around this date?
Reply 29
Original post by Mehra
Hey cbill84, I think the actual interview process was ok! The man was really nice and he made you feel as though you could really talk naturally.

I'm more worried about the tests though. Do you know how many questions you had to get right to pass in Maths and English? There were like three sheets in total.

They took two weeks to get back from to you right?

hey there, yeah about 2 weeks for me...thats great, hopefully you are in too!:smile:.. well not sure wat the pass rate is, but she did tell me in the interview that they were basically trying to find out what eacj individual needs to work on etc....how did you find it?i thought was grand,particularly maths as i was a little afraid going in :smile:.......no probs at all for the info, i hope it did help, this site is brill and everyone is so helpfull!!!
Reply 30
Hello!

I have my interview at UEL on April 5th.

I've kinda got my lesson plan covered, but i'm a little bit stuck on current curriculum issues? ???

is this something they will focus on?

do i need to know much about the cuts in school's..and as its the new financial year should i know anything about that?!

Thank you! Good luck to anyone who is crapping it about the interview process like me! arrrgh!

x
Reply 31
For anyone who has been offered a place for Sept 2011 :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_204751742888047&ap=1
Reply 32
Had my interview on April 11th and heard I got a place yesterday. I was surprised at how quick they got back to me.
congrats Frankie_a! :biggrin:
Reply 34
Thank you!!
Reply 35
Original post by frankie_a
Had my interview on April 11th and heard I got a place yesterday. I was surprised at how quick they got back to me.

Hi Frankie_a!

Congrats!!! :biggrin:I think what they do is release a set of replies every month. Regardless of when you took your interview because I had my interview on 23rd March yet heard back on the same day as you! Guess it makes it easier for them...! Thankfully I got accepted! Yay! The wait was awful though :frown:

I can't wait...heard there was a lot of prep work to do prior to starting the course:confused:
Reply 36
Original post by HoneyBuni
Hi Frankie_a!

Congrats!!! :biggrin:I think what they do is release a set of replies every month. Regardless of when you took your interview because I had my interview on 23rd March yet heard back on the same day as you! Guess it makes it easier for them...! Thankfully I got accepted! Yay! The wait was awful though :frown:

I can't wait...heard there was a lot of prep work to do prior to starting the course:confused:

Well congrats to you too!!

What prep work? Have you sorted out your funding for it?
Reply 37
hey,

Hi,

I have an interview on the 5th May too... when I talked to co-ordinator, she gave impression that the 5th was the last day they were interviewing for full places,,,, afterwards only for reserve places,,,though guess that depends on how many places they have filled by then !! roll on 5TH!!!!!
Reply 38
n the best of luck to ppl that still have interviews!! :-)
Reply 39
Hey Jammyme,
Yeah i was thinking the same, hopefully they will still have positions available when they interview us!!! How is your preparation going for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending