The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dentistry1
As a future Glasgow dentistry student just thought I'd say hi. I might see some of you in shared lectures :smile:

There aren't any shared lectures and we're rarely on campus, so nowhere near the medics! but as a first year dental student, I'll prob see you about next year :smile: well done on your offer!
Original post by elainemac
There aren't any shared lectures and we're rarely on campus, so nowhere near the medics! but as a first year dental student, I'll prob see you about next year :smile: well done on your offer!

Thanks,

How has first year been? PM me cos we don't want to steal this thread :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2062
Original post by lekky

Original post by lekky
Anyone going to applicants day say HEY, I will be there :smile:

Hello :smile: I was just wondering if we would need to bring a level/gcse certificates/qualifications when we start the med school, do you know? Cause otherwise i wanted to pack them away into the loft :smile: thanks
Reply 2063
Hi everyone, I have been checking out the medical school threads for a bit,as my 17year old daughter had applied to 4 scottish med schools and I wanted to know as much as possible,as university is a whole new experience for my family. We stay in a Glasgow suburb. She has a conditional for Glasgow (BBC) and will most likely firm, with Edinburgh her insurance. I noticed people asking about accomodation,and thought I would point out that Unite are building new flats 5 mins walk from the uni, they are not advertised on their site yet, but they say for Sept this year when I walked by recently. They are in a fab location. Hope you don't mind me posting.
Original post by athole
Hi everyone, I have been checking out the medical school threads for a bit,as my 17year old daughter had applied to 4 scottish med schools and I wanted to know as much as possible,as university is a whole new experience for my family. We stay in a Glasgow suburb. She has a conditional for Glasgow (BBC) and will most likely firm, with Edinburgh her insurance. I noticed people asking about accomodation,and thought I would point out that Unite are building new flats 5 mins walk from the uni, they are not advertised on their site yet, but they say for Sept this year when I walked by recently. They are in a fab location. Hope you don't mind me posting.

Who is your daughter?
Reply 2065
She hasn't posted before as far as I know.
Original post by athole

Congrats to your daughter! :biggrin:

Of course you are welcome to post here, you're not the first parent to do so. :smile:

That information is quite useful, anywhere on the internet that can be used for more information?
Reply 2067
Can't find any new info, as last new flats in Gibson Street,which is ideal too. I am sure there was a phone number on the banner. When my daughter had her interview I commented to her on them when we passed. I would phone Unite if interested. They are across the road from the Western Infirmary, more or less at the bottom of Byres Road. My daughter will stay at home, a 20 min bus journey for her. I'm sure that will change as she gets older!

Just realised they are under Thurso Street on their site.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2068
Hey I've know where the new Unite buildings are and have to agree great location,
though I don't know how comfortable I'd be in arranging to stay there when they're saying they'll open the same month I would HAVE to move in lol!
Reply 2069
Original post by meemz
Hello :smile: I was just wondering if we would need to bring a level/gcse certificates/qualifications when we start the med school, do you know? Cause otherwise i wanted to pack them away into the loft :smile: thanks

nope as they saw them at interview
I'd bring them though incase you want to apply for a job
Original post by athole
Can't find any new info, as last new flats in Gibson Street,which is ideal too. I am sure there was a phone number on the banner. When my daughter had her interview I commented to her on them when we passed. I would phone Unite if interested. They are across the road from the Western Infirmary, more or less at the bottom of Byres Road. My daughter will stay at home, a 20 min bus journey for her. I'm sure that will change as she gets older!

Just realised they are under Thurso Street on their site.

Thanks again, checked it out and it doe look really nice (I mean seriously, I would love to live there!!) However looks too pricey for me :frown:
Hi! Been stalking this thread for a while now but thought I better join and say hello to the people I'll hopefully be with for the next 5 years! So hello :smile:
Original post by AuroraLeaf
Oooh I'm not sure I can't remember what time my interview was BUT if you are from ireland and came with a lady, I was with my dad and laughed a bit too loudly through interview lol!

I rang today and she confirmed that my application had no status yet so hmmm?? What can I do but wait

Ya thats me!! How strange! What were you laughing at during that interview!?!?! :O :P Its weird that you haven't heard back yet.... Is it cos of your interview being changed I wonder??
Nice to meet you again anyway!
What was the UKCAT cut off for glasgow this year, if anyone knows? :smile:
Original post by atomos

2610 I believe, but dont quote me on that
Original post by atomos

You could always contact the Admissions office for confirmation, but what GBman says sounds about right, I think it was ~650-670
I know someone that got rejected with 650. I think it was about 652 or 653 , that was the cut off.
Anyone now anything about the Cairncross house accommodation? noisy area, or dead, kinda want something in the middle? Any idea how many people share the showers and tiolets? please tell me its not like 25 or something ridiculous lol.. and yeah just any information about it that isnt already on the glasgow website? Thanks :smile:
Reply 2078
Original post by atomos

652.5, assuming someone hasn't answered already
Original post by dmz
652.5, assuming someone hasn't answered already

Hey mate, have you decided if you're going to re-apply next year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending