The Student Room Group

Girls are not prepared to lower their standards when they can't get their ideal

but guys are prepared to lower their standards when they can't get their ideal.

who agrees with this? i definitely agree with it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
pointless generalisation is pointless
Then why are so many men on dating websites?

oh wait, I just answered my own question.

/le sigh
Reply 3
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Then why are so many men on dating websites?

oh wait, I just answered my own question.

/le sigh

because they are desperate for a female and are prepared to look anywhere to get one.
Reply 4
Is this something you've just made up or have you stolen it from somewhere?

I'd disagree, personally. I'd say women live down to their ideal, in that their ideal is more often than not lower than what they might actually obtain, whereas men live up to their ideal, in that they are often with women far better than they deserve. Of course, this isn't true for everyone, but it's how it seems to me most times. I'm beginning to think that women have an even greater fear of rejection than men.
Reply 5
I just said this in your other thread. Is that where you got it from?
Reply 6
Original post by Arnotts
I just said this in your other thread. Is that where you got it from?

yes. because its true.
Reply 7
But anyway definitely true in majority of the cases I've seen. Sure there are people of both sexes that do the opposite but its not as common.
Reply 8
Alcohol will lower all standards. FACT
Reply 9
my ex boyfriend was a lower of my ideal, but my boyfriend now is most definitely my ideal :smile: after having such a **** time with my ex i waited till exactly the right person came along :smile: some guys just think with their dick too much
Not true. Plus, I don't think there's such a thing as an "ideal". Sometimes you end up liking someone you would never have assumed you would. And this doesn't mean you're lowering your standards, it just means you are attracted to them in another way then the obvious. Also, I've seen loads of couples and thought Why is She with Him - though this could be her "ideal". Basically, it's all subjective.

And as above, alcohol significantly lowers all standards.
Reply 11
Why do you keep making these threads?! :lolwut:

Bitter OP is bitter because he's been rejected by every girls he's met. Get over it. It's because you're a prick.
i can say with 100% certainty that this is not true.
Original post by Darude
because they are desperate for a female and are prepared to look anywhere to get one.

Well, why should they settle because they're desperate? I'm disagreeing with the 'girls should lower their standards' idea but I also think they should stop complaining about the lack of men if they're not prepared to do it. One or the other, don't go rejecting everyone and then complain you're single!
Reply 14
Isn't theoretically this due to the whole man-wanting-to-pass-on-genes thing, and women naturally being the choosier gender?

I dunno. :redface:
Original post by emeleh
Isn't theoretically this due to the whole man-wanting-to-pass-on-genes thing, and women naturally being the choosier gender?

I dunno. :redface:

Absolutely, it's found in virtually every species. It's usually the male that has to make big grand displays in mating rituals or compete for the female.

Just the way it is, sorry :rolleyes: :tongue:
Reply 16
Women certainly tend to think they're more attractive than they are, at least in this country.
Reply 17
Original post by Darude
but guys are prepared to lower their standards when they can't get their ideal.

who agrees with this? i definitely agree with it.

Well duh, Captain Obvious.
Reply 18
Original post by Rant
Women certainly tend to think they're more attractive than they are, at least in this country.

I think it's like that in most countries to be honest.
I agree completely. Obviously it's a generalisation, but I see so many women complaining that they can't find a perfect man, it's their own fault for being so picky. There are some women out there who could probably get any man they want, but you have to know where you stand in the social rankings.

Oh well, they'll learn.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending