The Student Room Group

Facebook privacy on tagged photos - advice please

I need some advice on some photo issues.

I have many photos tagged. 5 of which I want to be only visible to the person that tagged them. I do not want to those tagged photos to be visible to be anyone else other than me and the person that tagged them.

Is there a way of doing this?

I can get access to the person's account who tagged them if need be, I have tried before but the privact settings are either not clear to use or do not work as I set their settings as pgotos only visible to their friends as opposed to friends of friends (i.e all my friends pretty much) so can someone advise me please on what I can do?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah got to privacy settings... Its all there. Can't remember where exactly but I've done the same for my pics.
Reply 2
you can make an album completely private and just allow certain people access I think
Original post by whodunnit

I don't think there's a way to stop your friend's friends from viewing tagged pics of you. Anyway I think my friend's friends recognise my because of facebook! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by failingatm
Yeah got to privacy settings... Its all there. Can't remember where exactly but I've done the same for my pics.

Am afraid it is not that simple! There are many options and you cannot simply make things private.

It is a joke of a privacy system and seems nobody knows how to do it!
Reply 5
Hows abouts you save yourself the effort and don't put them on Facebook? :lolwut:
Reply 6
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Hows abouts you save yourself the effort and don't put them on Facebook? :lolwut:

The person in question has already uploaded them and wants me to tag them, so I have no choice essentially, unless I refuse to tag them, which is not really an option.

The drawbacks of having too many interested female friends!

So I guess nobody has a solution?!

I thought there were folk out there who understood the workings of facebook!

:curious: Since they're tagged photos, is it not obvious they're not uploaded by him?
Original post by LaughingBro
I don't think there's a way to stop your friend's friends from viewing tagged pics of you. Anyway I think my friend's friends recognise my because of facebook! :frown:

Of course there is, you set it to 'friends only' or 'only me' or the other options.

I need some advice on some photo issues.

I have many photos tagged. 5 of which I want to be only visible to the person that tagged them. I do not want to those tagged photos to be visible to be anyone else other than me and the person that tagged them.

Is there a way of doing this?

I can get access to the person's account who tagged them if need be, I have tried before but the privact settings are either not clear to use or do not work as I set their settings as pgotos only visible to their friends as opposed to friends of friends (i.e all my friends pretty much) so can someone advise me please on what I can do?

Thanks

You can specifically hide certain albums, but since they're not in an album you've created you can't.
If you go through your friends account:
http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&section=photos_and_videos&h=c82f1f345bd841af891c789fe2435035

That givies you the option to hide the album or only let certain people access it. Tell me if that link doesn't work and I'll tell you how to get there manually.

If you do it through your account, all you can do is hide all tagged photos, as that's the album they're in:
Account> Privacy Settings> Customise settings > Photos and videos I'm tagged in

Alternatively, you could just untag them..
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
:curious: Since they're tagged photos, is it not obvious they're not uploaded by him?

Ooh, sorry super geek. :rolleyes:

Why do people spaz out so much about photos? If you don't want people to see things that you do, don't let people take the pictures in the first place. Facebook causes far more hassle than it's worth...
Ooh, sorry super geek. :rolleyes:

Why do people spaz out so much about photos? If you don't want people to see things that you do, don't let people take the pictures in the first place. Facebook causes far more hassle than it's worth...

Oooh, yeah, I must be a geek because I know what tagged photos means! Good deduction!!
Oooh, yeah, I must be a geek because I know what tagged photos means! Good deduction!!

Lol. I know what tagged photos means, I was referring more to the patronising and condescending way in which you felt the need to respond. Grow up or shut up.
Reply 11

Of course there is, you set it to 'friends only' or 'only me' or the other options.

You can specifically hide certain albums, but since they're not in an album you've created you can't.
If you go through your friends account:
http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy&section=photos_and_videos&h=c82f1f345bd841af891c789fe2435035

That givies you the option to hide the album or only let certain people access it. Tell me if that link doesn't work and I'll tell you how to get there manually.

If you do it through your account, all you can do is hide all tagged photos, as that's the album they're in:
Account> Privacy Settings> Customise settings > Photos and videos I'm tagged in

Alternatively, you could just untag them..

Cheers, the link you gave me just sends me to the privacy seetings page.

Your idea of going through my friend's profile is best I think, if I go into the album with the pictures and select "Edit album info" then set it to friends only, surely that would mean that even if they tag me in the photos only her friends can see the photos right? As my friends are not her mutual friends, but this does not seem to work.
I have set all her albums to just friends only but when she tags me in those album photos, my friends can see the pictures still. Which makes no sense as ho can my friends see the pics from her album (tagged with me) when the album is set to her friends only?
(edited 13 years ago)
Cheers, the link you gave me just sends me to the privacy seetings page.

Your idea of going through my friend's profile is best I think, if I go into the album with the pictures and select "Edit album info" then set it to friends only, surely that would mean that even if they tag me in the photos only her friends can see the photos right? As my friends are not her mutual friends, but this does not seem to work.
I have set all her albums to just friends only but when she tags me in those album photos, my friends can see the pictures still. Which makes no sense as ho can my friends see the pics from her album (tagged with me) when the album is set to her friends only?

Hmm, I imagine they can't see her album as a whole; any photos you're not in are inaccessible, but they can access your tagged photo album then. Are you sure they can see them?
Lol. I know what tagged photos means, I was referring more to the patronising and condescending way in which you felt the need to respond. Grow up or shut up.

I won't shut up because I'm right.
I don't need to 'grow up' because I haven't said anything remotely childlike.

Whereas you on the other hand... calling someone a 'super geek'. What are you; 12?
Perhaps it's you who needs to "Grow up or shut up."
Reply 14
Hmm, I imagine they can't see her album as a whole; any photos you're not in are inaccessible, but they can access your tagged photo album then. Are you sure they can see them?

Ah BINGO, that's the secret I guess. Though they are friend only albums once tagged in them the picture is accessable to my friends as I am tagged in it, but the rest of the pics are not accessible as they are viewable to her friends only as long as I am not tagged in them.

Odd though as I have been tagged in photos before by mates but none of my friends can see the tagged pics due to the security settings my friend has set on the album. So though I was tagged thay are not visible to my friends at all, any idea what my friend did to achieve this? As this is what I need (I shall ask him).

I check what ppl can see of me by viewing my profile from thjeir perspectivem that is possible under cystom settings at the top
Ah BINGO, that's the secret I guess. Though they are friend only albums once tagged in them the picture is accessable to my friends as I am tagged in it, but the rest of the pics are not accessible as they are viewable to her friends only as long as I am not tagged in them.

Odd though as I have been tagged in photos before by mates but none of my friends can see the tagged pics due to the security settings my friend has set on the album. So though I was tagged thay are not visible to my friends at all, any idea what my friend did to achieve this? As this is what I need (I shall ask him).

I check what ppl can see of me by viewing my profile from thjeir perspectivem that is possible under cystom settings at the top

I've finally met someone as paranoid about FB as me!

Haha, they shouldn't be able to see them, I'm not sure why they can! :colondollar:
Reply 16
The person in question has already uploaded them and wants me to tag them, so I have no choice essentially, unless I refuse to tag them, which is not really an option.

The drawbacks of having too many interested female friends!

So I guess nobody has a solution?!

I thought there were folk out there who understood the workings of facebook!

Why is that not an option?It's pretty simple to just say you don't want it tagged, or remove the tags afterwards. You could even pretend that fbook is ****ing up - a friend of mine is almost always automatically removed whenever I tag her in a picture, have no idea why :s-smilie: you could pretend the same has happened to you.
Reply 17
Lol if onnly it was that easy, if a gf wants to tag you in a pic you cannot just say no constantly, eventually it looks real bad and puts strain on the relationship due to trust issues, so I have to tag them but I do not want potential future lady friends (and friends with benefits!) seeing them, so it is not a simple matter of saying no I will not tag them, cheers though for the advice!

I am just looking for technnical privacy info on facebook pic settings. Thanks all the same!
Just tag them then 5 minutes later de-tag them. Your friend will still get a notification and probably wont notice they've been un-tagged....or just block everyone from seeing your tagged photos untill it's blown over.

I meant if your pics being viewed from your friends profile.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending