The Student Room Group

AIBU Picture of me shared online

I can't decide if I'm being unreasonable or not.

About a month ago one of my housemates was over, unbeknownst to me. First I knew was when I went to take a shower and she surprised me by being in the hallway with her phone out taking pictures. Apparently she'd been snapping other housemates too, as well as the other people who were over. At the time I laughed it off.

Just before Christmas it turns out she's been sharing the pictures of me (I don't think the others) on her socials. Now I feel it's a bit intrusive and asked her not to. She told me to lighten up, get over myself etc.

So am I being unreasonable insisting? After all I laughed it off at the time, and I'm not hyper-shy about people seeing me just in a towel - like if we just happened to be at the gym or beach or whatever. It's not so much the pictures themselves, if that makes sense, but the way they happened.
Reply 1
Original post by CultureGeek

About a month ago one of my housemates was over, unbeknownst to me. First I knew was when I went to take a shower and she surprised me by being in the hallway with her phone out taking pictures. Apparently she'd been snapping other housemates too, as well as the other people who were over. At the time I laughed it off.

Just before Christmas it turns out she's been sharing the pictures of me (I don't think the others) on her socials. Now I feel it's a bit intrusive and asked her not to. She told me to lighten up, get over myself etc.

So am I being unreasonable insisting? After all I laughed it off at the time, and I'm not hyper-shy about people seeing me just in a towel - like if we just happened to be at the gym or beach or whatever. It's not so much the pictures themselves, if that makes sense, but the way they happened.

You’re definitely not being unreasonable - they are photos of you that have been taken and shared without your permission, so she really should delete them.
Reply 2
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all.
Not at all unreasonable.
Reply 4
Original post by CultureGeek

Absolutely not unreasonable. Get her to remove the photos or threaten to take action. Massive invasion of privacy. You could always take photos of her and see how she feels about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending