The Student Room Group

White History Month

Though about maybe establishing this. Could be a bit of fun, celebrating the achievements of white people throughout history.

I think that it would go well with Black History Month where we get to learn about Saint Mandela.

Or is this in some way racist.

Thoughts.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How about we just have human history.
Reply 2
Anyone who is against 'white history month' is racist.

Discuss.
Reply 3
Original post by Aj12
How about we just have human history.

I like it. But then we wouldn't have Black History Month, which I am a big fan of.
White people are not allowed to celebrate their history, culture or the contributions by their ancestors. Nor are they allowed to have an identity.

So no.
Reply 5
Black History Month is basically White History Month as well, expect we're the bad guys in the story.

We should have a THOMAS EDISON DID NOT INVENT THE LIGHTBULB month to raise awareness for what I consider to be a very important topic. :ninja:
i are fish
Reply 7
You've completely missed the point of Black History Month. Stay ignorant.
Reply 8
This is something which is desperately needed; white people are extremely under-represented in the study of history.
Reply 9
Original post by Bellrosk
You've completely missed the point of Black History Month. Stay ignorant.

Enlighten me. Why isn't there an 'Asian History Month' or perhaps 'South American Culture Week?'
Reply 10
Original post by insoms
Anyone who is against 'white history month' is racist.

Discuss.

No.
Reply 11
I AGGREE with this. Our young ones will need to know the rich history if they are going to combat their young ones in the inevitable desert-like ****hole that Europe will become. It's time to break free! From the PC!
Reply 12
Original post by WP88
I AGGREE with this. Our young ones will need to know the rich history if they are going to combat their young ones in the inevitable desert-like ****hole that Europe will become. It's time to break free! From the PC!

...dude, Stormfront and The Student Room don't even start with the same letters, how did you get them mixed up?
Reply 13
Original post by BillySharp92
Enlighten me. Why isn't there an 'Asian History Month' or perhaps 'South American Culture Week?'

Well Asians (or chinese specifically) have Chinese new year for a few days/weeks every year :dontknow:
Reply 14
What do history classes teach predominantly in the other however many months of study lol?
Reply 15
Original post by W.H.T
Well Asians (or chinese specifically) have Chinese new year for a few days/weeks every year :dontknow:

Point is, why does one SPECIFIC race have a month dedicated to museums and the such exhibiting their achievements and history?

You could argue that "it's because they're a minority- they need awareness." Yet no other ethnic minority gets such coverage. Why aren't things like this made illegal?
Original post by BillySharp92

Because in the western world Black people are the faction which experiences the majority of racism (Though, recently Muslims have had a rough time too). Black history month is there to remind us that black people are capable of just as much as the rest of us and to highlight the battle they had to endure for centuries.
Reply 17
The whole pointof BHM is make people fully recognise and appreciate the contribution of black people throughout history which has been omitted or distorted in most history books. e.g good example is the exclusion of black contribution to the defence of during the 2 World Wars.
i can has straight pride parade?
White people already cover more than 90% of well documented history. It's like setting up straight pride as apposed to a LGBT one, not that I agree with the event as it just segregates them even more.

Why do some people say that they feel as if they can't celebrate their white history? Go ahead, seriously no one is going to care or think you are racist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending