The Student Room Group

White History Month

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nightstar-27
Maybe we should have a month for every ethnicity or culture so everyone is appreciated and equal.

Or no one should have a special month/week/ day and the history of every culture and ethnicity should be spread equally through the system regardless.

No, if third worlders want to celebrate their culture then they can go back to their own countries and celebrate it. This is Britain, it is not the united nations waiting room.
Reply 41
Original post by BillySharp92
Hmmmm, I lliked this until you mentioned

"no(hardly anyone) hates white people, go to Africa you're received with open arms."

I hope you are aware of what Mr Mugabe has been up to for the last 20 years or so? Are you inferring that black people are less racist and therefore different?

no I'm saying you don't need someone to make famous public speeches or spend 20yrs in jail to be accepted
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Er... no. "White History" only goes back to some thousands of years - before then, The African was first...

Therefore, "Black History" dates much further than "White History".

lol black history - thousands of years living in huts made from cow 5h1te, then a few hundred living in slums

white history - philosophy, greek and roman civilisation, electricity, industrial revolution, worldy ventures, discovering new lands, political ideology, technology, works of art, out of this world architecture, going to the moon, economic systems..........

inb4 "troll"

i only speak the truth.......
Original post by W.H.T
Well Asians (or chinese specifically) have Chinese new year for a few days/weeks every year :dontknow:

Chinese New Year is an annual celebration/holiday.

It's not a history week.

Christmas, Hanukkah, Iranian New Year etc

Many cultures have times of year when they celebrate, white people included.
Reply 44
Original post by Emerald City
No, if third worlders want to celebrate their culture then they can go back to their own countries and celebrate it. This is Britain, it is not the united nations waiting room.

Dam Straight! They will call you racist but you are white.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Holte Ender

lol black history - thousands of years living in huts made from cow 5h1te, then a few hundred living in slums

white history - philosophy, greek and roman civilisation, electricity, industrial revolution, worldy ventures, discovering new lands, political ideology, technology, works of art, out of this world architecture, going to the moon, economic systems..........

inb4 "troll"

Funny, I am black - but do not live inside a "hut", nor a "slum". I actually live in Chiswick and my dad has an "luxury" apartment in Kensington - I am also privae-schooled educated and like intellectual pursuits - so, it does not matter what the history "shows" - only the present and future matter.

Look at the World NOW - you will find a lot has changed - there may be so any changes that you will be thrown into cognitive dissonance and confusion and your head may even explode.

This is 2011 - racism is highly primitive in these advanced and technological times.
Original post by WP88

What I despise most of all, is that this is my ancestal, indigenous homeland. My historical line extends back thousands of years, yet the claws of multiculturalism will attempt to play down my historical ancetral line, and quash my identity all for the sake of ethnic minroties who have been here a handful of decades. it makes me sick.

Why can't people of different races/religions celebrate their culture here? I'm British and I'd welcome people of different cultures.

You never know, you might learn something.

Original post by WP88

Are you, Sir a Neo-Nazi? Or a "racist". May I ask you why you are so?
Reply 49
Is this troll month?
Original post by No Future
Why can't people of different races/religions celebrate their culture here? I'm British and I'd welcome people of different cultures.

You never know, you might learn something.

Like what ???? Please tell us what third world cultures have to teach us 'primitive' Europeans ? Please go on and tell me ?

inb4 "troll"

Ancient Egypt?

You do realize a great deal of philosophy and scholarship came from non white cultures? just a couple of examples: ancient Middle East, ancient China

An ancient Chinese encyclopedia was the biggest in the world for many years until Wikipedia came along.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/civilization-is-the-west-history/4od

Episode 1.
Funny, I am black - but do not live inside a "hut", nor a "slum". I actually live in Chiswick and my dad has an "luxury" apartment in Kensington - I am also privae-schooled educated and like intellectual pursuits - so, it does not matter what the history "shows" - only the present and future matter.

Look at the World NOW - you will find a lot has changed - there may be so any changes that you will be thrown into cognitive dissonance and confusion and your head may even explode.

This is 2011 - racism is highly primitive in these advanced and technological times.

hate to be personal, but i am an honest person

whites founded civilisation as we know it

the only parts of sub saharan africa you can call anything near developed are usually white inhabited (SA, white farmers)

look at africa now
billions and billions are pumped into it every year and it is hardly progressing at all, whereas european society founded itself

"these advanced and technological times" wouldnt be so advanced and technological without the european people]

*note im trying to use the word european, white gives significance to skin colour when peoples are different in many many other ways, therefore we are the european race*
What I despise most of all, is that this is my ancestal, indigenous homeland. My historical line extends back thousands of years, yet the claws of multiculturalism will attempt to play down my historical ancetral line, and quash my identity all for the sake of ethnic minroties who have been here a handful of decades. it makes me sick.

This is Planet Earth - Humans may go where they please.

Also, with all of your silly talk about indigenous and ancestry blah blah - why do you not see that it is your "ancestors" that invaded these these lands of "ethnic minorities" - so, in effect, YOU brought the "trouble" on yourselves!!

Sorry, why did you come into Africa or Asia again (or rather invade)??
Like what ???? Please tell us what third world cultures have to teach us 'primitive' Europeans ? Please go on and tell me ?

I never said Europeans were primitive, simply that people of different cultures can learn things from one another.
This is Planet Earth - Humans may go where they please.Also, with all of your silly talk about indigenous and ancestry blah blah - why do you not see that it is your "ancestors" that invaded these these lands of "ethnic minorities" - so, in effect, YOU brought the "trouble" on yourselves!!

Sorry, why did you come into Africa or Asia again (or rather invade)??

No they don't because we have immigration laws. And your response is typical of non-whites who are desperate to live with white people in white society.
Reply 56
Are you, Sir a Neo-Nazi? Or a "racist". May I ask you why you are so?

Clever ploy Shimshillewitz - I am too clever.
Original post by No Future
I never said Europeans were primitive, simply that people of different cultures can learn things from one another.

And what does third world culture have to teach us ??? Please tell me ???
(edited 13 years ago)
:curious: This is so stupid.

Why would we have a white history month, when our whole syllabus is based on white or at least European people.

Unless Henry VIII, the Romans, the Nazis, Mussolini, the Tudors, etc.. were somehow not white.

whites founded civilisation as we know it

Because we invaded foreign countries, exploited the natives, shot them, pushed them opium, stole their treasures, gave them our diseases and planted our flag on their soil.

Currently yes, but read some history books and white civilization was not always the dominant one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending