The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Essay resubmission

Hi,
I'm a second year politics and IR student terrified that next year I won't be in Japan.
I've just received an essay with a meager 55, and am now utterly **** terrified, as I need a 2:1 to progress to Japan. Does anyone know the universities policy on resubmitting essays? I'm meeting with staff tomorrow to discuss issues, but currently feel as if I'm unable to do anything until my fears are allayed slightly :/
Original post by Ldmckenzie06
Hi,
I'm a second year politics and IR student terrified that next year I won't be in Japan.
I've just received an essay with a meager 55, and am now utterly **** terrified, as I need a 2:1 to progress to Japan. Does anyone know the universities policy on resubmitting essays? I'm meeting with staff tomorrow to discuss issues, but currently feel as if I'm unable to do anything until my fears are allayed slightly :/

I really wouldn't get worked up over a single 55 mark. What are the rest of your marks looking like? What was your final grade in first year? Have your marks been consistently in the 2:1 range? I assume this wasn't your first essay for this year so how have the others gone? Is your course mostly coursework or exam weighted?

I think you're overreacting massively - calm down. If the rest of your marks are fine then it was probably just a module you didn't understand as well - everyone has a module they just don't get (Equity and Trusts law *chunder*).

If your marks in general haven't been as good as you hoped then get in touch with your seminar leaders etc. Before you do any more coursework you can usually get them to look at a draft or at least give some advice about what they'd like to see.

I know this sounds like extra effort but if you really want to go to Japan then it'll definitely be worth it :smile:

EDIT: Oh and to actually answer your question then you'd have to look at your course's policy on it. The Law School only let you resubmit an essay if the whole module group did badly and if your mark was significantly out of line with what you normally get. And by significantly we're talking getting like 22 or something, not just dropping to a 2:2 when you normally get a 2:1. If your module is more exam weighted than coursework weighted then often doing a whole new essay title just to get your mark up only makes a final difference of 1% or 2% of your final grade for the year - sometimes less - so I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending