The Student Room Group

accomodation at queens

ive firmed queens for medicine but ive got no idea where to live. i like the idea of big houses of 10 people but they dont have internet what do people do? and will i be completely out of the loop by not living in elms village?
any advice appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
anyone????????
If you are a fresher, like 18 or 19, definitely live in Elms. That is where almost all the other freshers will live. You'll want to live there and meet people. And each floor is kinda like a big house of 10 people. I think it was like 11 people on a floor all sharing a kitchen.

On a side note, I have also firmed queens for medicine, so congratulations on your offer!
Reply 3
Original post by The International
If you are a fresher, like 18 or 19, definitely live in Elms. That is where almost all the other freshers will live. You'll want to live there and meet people. And each floor is kinda like a big house of 10 people. I think it was like 11 people on a floor all sharing a kitchen.

On a side note, I have also firmed queens for medicine, so congratulations on your offer!

Nah im 20 I've did the freshers thing im tempted by the double bed lol.
Woooo congrats :biggrin:
are you excited???
X
Reply 4
Woop elms for 2011 queens medics, 12 per floor. Most students who go to halls go to elms, I was sure they had Internet it said so on the website.
Original post by luvin_chelsea
Nah im 20 I've did the freshers thing im tempted by the double bed lol.
Woooo congrats :biggrin:
are you excited???
X

20 is sort of borderline then. I lived there last year, I was 21 in elms and I felt a bit old. Plus they have guards at the gate that monitor when you can bring guests in and stuff. You can only have guests stay over after 11pm 3 times a month. I thought it got really old. I have signed up for Guthrie, but only because they told me that I wasn't allowed to live in Mount Charles, which is where I really wanted. If have been to Queens before you have to sign up for accommodation by march 31st, just fyi.

I am so excited. Dying that I have to wait 6 months before I can go back!
Reply 6
Original post by luvin_chelsea
ive firmed queens for medicine but ive got no idea where to live. i like the idea of big houses of 10 people but they dont have internet what do people do? and will i be completely out of the loop by not living in elms village?
any advice appreciated :smile:

Have you joined the queens medics 2011 Facebook group yet?
Reply 7
Original post by The International
20 is sort of borderline then. I lived there last year, I was 21 in elms and I felt a bit old. Plus they have guards at the gate that monitor when you can bring guests in and stuff. You can only have guests stay over after 11pm 3 times a month. I thought it got really old. I have signed up for Guthrie, but only because they told me that I wasn't allowed to live in Mount Charles, which is where I really wanted. If have been to Queens before you have to sign up for accommodation by march 31st, just fyi.

I am so excited. Dying that I have to wait 6 months before I can go back!

yeah that rule seems a bit gay.
i wanted college gardens or malone but they dont have internet and now im no too sure
nah ive nver been to queens im at newcastle atm
Reply 8
Original post by phill232
Have you joined the queens medics 2011 Facebook group yet?

no i cant find it :confused:
Reply 9
Reply 10
What's the policy on guests at Elms? Are you allowed to have boyfriends/girlfriends stay over, and do you know for how long (as in, would it be possible for my boyfriend to stay with me for a week after his uni term has finished?)

I'd appreciate any advice!
Reply 11
Original post by Waldhexe
What's the policy on guests at Elms? Are you allowed to have boyfriends/girlfriends stay over, and do you know for how long (as in, would it be possible for my boyfriend to stay with me for a week after his uni term has finished?)

I'd appreciate any advice!

Any guests until 11pm
If your guests want to stay after 11pm they must sign in before 7pm
You are allowed 3 guests after 11pm per month.

Personally this pretty much sucks.
Reply 12
Original post by phill232

Personally this pretty much sucks.

haha I know...wonder why they have such tight security?
Original post by Waldhexe
haha I know...wonder why they have such tight security?

They say it's to stop people living their illegally, like 2 people sharing one room. Still it is so stupid that I won't live there again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending