The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cttp_ngaf
For example my parents always encouraged me to go to university, that was always told to me as the obvious thing to do, we rarely discussed other options. As such, I naturally went in that direction. I'm sure if they had instead filled my head with other options and promoted those, I could easily have ended up doing something else.
Either way, had I truly not wanted to go to uni, they wouldn't have "forced" me.

That's a bad analogy though. Making a decision to go to University is something that you do consciously still, whereas homosexuality is subconscious. Likewise there is no emotional element to deciding whether to go to University or not, but there is with homosexuality.
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
The decay of moral standards in society

fail

try again
Before you read, these are NOT my views. It was a comment on the page.

"Has anyone else seen channel 4's "4 Thought" slots, after the news? They are disgraceful and frightening; you have mutants like transgenders trying to reason that it is alright if you are a bloke but want to walk round dressing and acting like a woman. I'm sorry but you are simply not normal and no matter how much channel 4 and all the rest of the morally degenerate liberal upper classes try to pretend that gays are women and lesbians are men and transgenders are normal, the normal heterosexual male and females deep down will not swallow it (no pun intended!!) THE CULTURAL MARXISTS AND UPPER CLASS LIBERAL DROIDS ARE TRYING TO BRAINWASH US INTO THINKING THAT THESE FAULTY SPECIMENS ARE NORMAL!!! WELL THEY AIN'T!"

Can you believe that? I was mad when I started reading it, but by the end I couldn't even take it seriously. What a moron.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
Homosexuality is normal. It occurs in all animals, not just humans. There is no such thing as 100% or 100% straight, it's a spectrum.
Original post by Singh993
Is this some kinda joke? you quote from www.bnp.org.uk and expect me to take you seriously?

gtfo fool!

I'm trying to understand what makes these people tick, and whether anyone actually thinks these ideas have any merit.

I don't like the idea that your intelligence effects your opinion so I don't like it when people say "Racists/homophobes are all stupid blah blah blah" I like to be able to see all the cards before deciding my move.

Also: It also makes for an interesting discussion.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Alexisonfire
How can homosexuality be encouraged? It's a natural given, or am I missing something?

Genetic influence is only part of the picture, the chance of a gay's identical twin also being gay is FAR from 100%

http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000019
Original post by imperial maniac
I'm trying to understand what makes these people tick, and whether anyone actually thinks these ideas have any merit.

I don't like the idea that your intelligence effects your opinion so I don't like it when people say "Racists/homophobes are all stupid blah blah blah" I like to be able to see all the cards before deciding my move.

Since when did I say my intelligence would affect your opinion?

And not all racists are stupid...only about 98% are. The other 2% are weak minded who could be cleansed of their racial hatred

safe
Reply 47
Omfg, the amount of ignorance in that stupid article and in the comment section makes me head explode. I can't belive that BNP supporters think they have the right to call Muslims backwards. Their homophobia makes me sick.

And quite frankly, there's no space for these useless pricks in a developing secular society. The dumb ****ing bastards.

If somebody wants to be gay, its okay, just like it's fine for somebody to be heterosexual. Who people decide to **** is their own business and not anybody elses. These schools are only teaching children to ACCEPT homosexuality rather than encouraging children to be gay. The only thing which is propaganda, is their stupid website, which twists the words of an organisation trying to make a step forward and accept something rather than become an ignorant **** who spends their time swearing at people with a different sexuality.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by tieyourmotherdown
That's a bad analogy though. Making a decision to go to University is something that you do consciously still, whereas homosexuality is subconscious. Likewise there is no emotional element to deciding whether to go to University or not, but there is with homosexuality.

I never sat down and weighed up the pros and cons of going to uni, I just felt that was the normal/right/obvious thing to do. Just like I never had a nice long, hard, sweaty think about if I prefer girls or boys. I just knew.

I don't consider them to be exactly analogous themes, and I do think that something as basic as broad sexual preference comes from a deeper place than uni choice, but it's not without influence from the environment.
if homosexuality occurs naturally, then shouldn't we teach it as if it's natural?
Original post by LauriC
Homosexuality is normal. It occurs in all animals, not just humans. There is no such thing as 100% or 100% straight, it's a spectrum.

Some animals also like to each other, heck some humans even do it.
So yeah, canabalism is okay then? It's natural?

Original post by morecambebay
Counter argument then?

Because believing things without having rational reasons does kind of mean that you lack intelligence.

FYI, this isnt one:

What is your rational, provable or measurable reason for accepting homosexuality then? I'm interested.

I don't object to homosexuality, what I do object to is having it stuffed down our throats that we have to accept it cos we're told to. You are perfectly entitled to think it is unnatural/wrong or whatever. As long as you aren't harming or abusing a gay person in any way, why isn't that okay?
(edited 13 years ago)
I read the first sentence:

Material funded by British taxpayers is being used to brainwash primary school children with homosexual propaganda, it has been revealed.

And then felt I didn't need to read any more.
It's the BNP website so it's going to be biased, most likely biased nonsense.
Original post by Singh993
Since when did I say my intelligence would affect your opinion?

And not all racists are stupid...only about 98% are. The other 2% are weak minded who could be cleansed of their racial hatred

safe

People can no more be "cleansed of racial hatred" than they can be cleansed of any other opinion.

Racial discrimination is natural, not acceptable, but it's part of the whole tribal social structure of humans.

The English are "discriminating" against the French, the north is "discriminating" against the south, working class people are "discriminating" against posh people and vice versa. Being as unbiased as possible, these are the conclusions that are drawn.
Reply 53
The comments on that article make me feel ill.
Original post by cttp_ngaf
Genetic influence is only part of the picture, the chance of a gay's identical twin also being gay is FAR from 100%

http://borngay.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=000019

Very interesting indeed.
What, Stonewall are distributing packs that are going to turn the poor kiddies into raving homosexuals?

Original post by silent ninja

No-one's saying that something's acceptable just because humans or animals do it, but I don't think I shouldn't have to point out that cannibalism and homosexuality aren't comparable. Who exactly is harmed or loses their life where homosexuality is concerned?
Original post by Alexisonfire
Very interesting indeed.

Though I've known two sets of completely gay identical twins, haha. Such benders, they were.
Reply 57
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
It's a millions better than discouraging and teaching hatred of homosexuality, I think =/ But how will it all in all affect people? People don't choose their sexuality. Anyway, I'm not surprised the BNP came out with that. I read this post as homophobia first though ¬_¬
And oh wait, ignore my first sentence, judging from that website, it's not encouraging homosexuality at all. What it's doing is teaching kids that all types of families are fine. Which is good.

EDIT: Oh those comments on the website are just disgusting and it scares me that there are that many people who hold those views.

I agree with you on the fact it is much better than teaching that homosexuality is disgusting (It isn't).

You call the BNPs comments disgusting. I agree with you to some extent, but if you see the comments by Westboro Baptist Church wow... you'll probably have a heart attack.
Original post by silent ninja

What is your rational, provable or measurable reason for accepting homosexuality then? I'm interested.

I don't object to homosexuality, what I do object to is having it stuffed down our throats that we have to accept it cos we're told to. You are perfectly entitled to think it is unnatural/wrong or whatever. As long as you aren't harming a gay person in any way, why isn't that okay?

Of course it is ok to hold an opinion, but that doesnt make your opinion right.

There are THOUSANDS of rational reasons to accept homosexuality. The best I think, is that it doesnt cause anybody any harm.

Saying that there is a right sexuality is like saying that there is a right colour to paint a wall. It's ridiculous. It's about taste.
Reply 59
I don't think homosexuality per-se, I've personally never been encouraged nor was the topic ever brought up throughout my time in high school and the BNP is full of **** in general, but feminization of men? it can be arguable. But this is on a societal sense not school. Last week I went into River Island in what I thought was the "Men's" section and I was like :wtf: there were crop tops, uber tight and some weird looking jeans, men's jewellery etc and it's strange as I bought one of my favourite pair of jeans from river Island a couple of years ago and their style changed completely. I don't know what that's suggesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending