The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emaemmaemily
Well you were arguing with people as if you were talking about FACT, rather than your opinion.

Yes, I apologise for that, I just initially tried to present some secular arguments to back up my belief in the wrong of homosexuality. I should have specified that my beliefs were only opinion from the start I guess. :smile:. Sorry.
Reply 441
Original post by sherlllll
Respecting family is very important for me and I really strive to put their feelings above my own.

However, if what you're getting at involves a choice between your family and your ideal partner, that is an incredibly hard moral decision and I would not wish it upon anybody. I don't know the right thing to do in that case, I personally would adhere to the wishes of my family, my own flesh and blood. Then again, I'm probably underestimating the strength of such a love between partners. I genuinely don't know what to do here. , you got me.

Did the thread not demand opinionated answers? I apologise if you think it didn't.

I wasn't really thinking along those lines, but I think that it is important to acknowledge the difficult situation many gay people are put in. I wouldn't relish being a gay person in the circumstances you describe.

I was more hinting at the last part I have quoted there. I think it is an extremely admirable quality that you would put your own families interests above your own. I was more asking you to consider the feelings of others that could stumble across this thread. Your opinions on homosexuality are indeed extremely partisan. I just wondered if you'd considered what there was to gain from expressing your views; it just doesn't seem to coincide with the selflessness you demonstrated with regards to your family. Does any public arena demand such opinions?
it's only a matter of time before sleeping with animals and family members is accepted in this country...mark my words...all i can say is if you want to be gay thenbe gay that's cool but stop trying to force feed people...like i said i don't physically abuse gays or verbally abuse gays but i have no time for them
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
it's only a matter of time before sleeping with animals and family members is accepted in this country...mark my words...all i can say is if you want to be gay thenbe gay that's cool but stop trying to force feed people...like i said i don't physically abuse gays or verbally abuse gays but i have no time for them

... What the hell are you talking about? Sleeping with family members and animals are completely different things.
There's seriously nothing wrong with being gay. Get over it.
Original post by Liam123
I wasn't really thinking along those lines, but I think that it is important to acknowledge the difficult situation many gay people are put in. I wouldn't relish being a gay person in the circumstances you describe.

I was more hinting at the last part I have quoted there. I think it is an extremely admirable quality that you would put your own families interests above your own. I was more asking you to consider the feelings of others that could stumble across this thread. Your opinions on homosexuality are indeed extremely partisan. I just wondered if you'd considered what there was to gain from expressing your views; it just doesn't seem to coincide with the selflessness you demonstrated with regards to your family. Does any public arena demand such opinions?

No, I agree with you, I shouldn't really have introduced my opinion in such an aggressive manner :smile:.

:lolwut:
How on Earth did you come to that conclusion?
Original post by Emaemmaemily
... What the hell are you talking about? Sleeping with family members and animals are completely different things.
There's seriously nothing wrong with being gay. Get over it.

boy its the route we are going down...there's an answer with some people FOR EVERYTHING...people are done telling you that they don't abuse you isn't that enough...you want to force feed us with everything...WE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL IN LIFE AND WE NEVER WILL BE ....just like if a christian family went to live in a very close town with the population of 2000 people and out of the 2000 people 1995 of them were muslim REMEMBER THAT...gays are not doing themselves any favours trying to force feed your drivel on people that's what you don't get...it makes people hate you
Reply 447
boy its the route we are going down...there's an answer with some people FOR EVERYTHING...people are done telling you that they don't abuse you isn't that enough...you want to force feed us with everything...WE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL IN LIFE AND WE NEVER WILL BE ....just like if a christian family went to live in a very close town with the population of 2000 people and out of the 2000 people 1995 of them were muslim REMEMBER THAT...gays are not doing themselves any favours trying to force feed your drivel on people that's what you don't get...it makes people hate you

And heterosexuals aren't doing gays any favors by beating them up because of their sexual orientation ... oh wait, it isn't all straights that do that. Perhaps it isn't all gays that 'force feed' our 'drivel' to you. I've never taken part in a LGBT society or gay parade, but damn I'm gonna get your kids and turn them gay!

Grow up.

Homosexual people are not trying to force feed anyone anything. People are trying to inform children about homsexuality in the hope that it will lead to less people becoming homophobic bigots like you.
Reply 449
Er....I don't force feed anyone anything about being gay even though I'm gay. Since when is 'force feeding' defined as teaching respect and tolerance?
Original post by badger-man
Homosexual people are not trying to force feed anyone anything. People are trying to inform children about homsexuality in the hope that it will lead to less people becoming homophobic bigots like you.

i bet it won't...let the parents do it..

But a lot of parents clearly aren't educating their children on the subject of homosexuality. That's the reason why others have had to step in.
Reply 452

But if their parents are homophobes we end up with people like you, and that's not what's best for society or the child
Reply 453
I think they love me very much :smile:. Why would I ever want to put my family in the position where they have to choose between their own system of morality defined by their religion and their son? I would never ever want to present them with that terrible choice, no matter what "genetic" urges I would have to contain, both matter very much to them and the decision would cause them a lot of pain. That's what I mean by "let them down", I would hurt them.

I feel sorry for you. Your family should not have to choose between you and their religion even if you were gay and even so it should not be a hard decision. But hey, that's religious people for ya :rolleyes:
accepting homosexuality is better than hating against it. i think a lot of people don't agree that gay people should act on thier sexuality but they just accept it
Reply 455
This article is so wrong in so many ways. They're putting little boys wearing dress-up dresses in the same category as homosexuality.

Dressing up in women's clothes and acting feminine does not make you a homosexual, and it in no way has any relevance to homosexuality at all. I know bi and gay people, and none of them act like trannys.
Original post by Smophy
I feel sorry for you. Your family should not have to choose between you and their religion even if you were gay and even so it should not be a hard decision. But hey, that's religious people for ya :rolleyes:

Don't feel sorry for me! I view religion as a great thing :smile:, it reassures me whenever I'm worried about this and that as its purpose is just so beautifully noble. I'm glad to have been bought up in such a way.

Yes, it is a hard decision though :frown:, I don't know what I'd do if ever presented with it because yes, I would want any son of mine to be happy also.

Gay people don't "force feed" anyone anything, what are you talking about? :/
Reply 458
Don't feel sorry for me! I view religion as a great thing :smile:, it reassures me whenever I'm worried about this and that as its purpose is just so beautifully noble. I'm glad to have been bought up in such a way.

Yes, it is a hard decision though :frown:, I don't know what I'd do if ever presented with it because yes, I would want any son of mine to be happy also.

See you make it (religion) sound so wonderful, almost appealing, but then I look at your last post. You and your family hold religion above the love for your family, that I don't think I will ever understand. Neither will I ever understand homophobia so I'm calling it a night...

Night all :smile:

But that is the point. When there are people expressing the views that have been shared in this thread, then many parents won't do it. So we will just continue to be an ill-tolerant society who bullies people because of their sexuality. Education is what will change that.

Don't feel sorry for me! I view religion as a great thing

I know its totally off topic, but just out of curiosity, what do you feel about the idea that religion isn't a good thing? For example the amount of wars that have been fought on religious grounds etc. If you don't want to answer (or if a mod wants to edit this out) then feel free :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending