The Student Room Group

The golden age is over for the Royal Family thanks to Kate Middleton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The only commoner in recent times was Fergie.

Lady Di was, well....Lady Di.
The Queen's mother was a commoner so i don't know what you're on about
Reply 22
Kate Middleton is an upper middle class toff who's parents own a company that turns over millions of pounds. I hardly think she's a 'commoner'. It's not like Prince William went down to the local pub and pulled a binman's daughter. The fact that someone has researched Kate's family tree far back enough to know she was related to Charles II tells you something about the nature of her family.
Reply 23
Original post by Lassilsa
The royal family used to be something to which we always looked up. Now His Majesty is going to marry a commoner. I saw a picture of her mum out hunting with the royal family, and her bum looked absolutely HUGE; not at all dainty. I can imagine that after the wedding, Kate will get involved in a huge piss-up and end up dancing on the banquet table with her knickers on her head.

Is this the beginning of the end for classiness within royal circles?

Kate isn't common. She's quite a classy individual. I could understand your issue if he was marrying a cheap orange tart, but he isn't.
Kate Middleton's mother is a self-made millionaire; she worked much harder for her money than any of these aristocrats did. Whether she's "dainty" or not shouldn't matter.

Besides, if you want an unelected monarchy then you have to deal with the people who marry into the family as well as the people born into it.
The royal family used to be something to which we always looked up.

I was not aware that we looked up to someone who makes random offensive comments (Prince Philip), a friend of a paedophile (Prince Andrew), an adulterer (Prince Charles), a sponger (Sarah Ferguson), or someone who likes dressing up as a Nazi (Prince Harry).

Kate Middleton seems more decent than the rest of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by .Ali.
Kate isn't common. She's quite a classy individual. I could understand your issue if he was marrying a cheap orange tart, but he isn't.

That's no way to talk about Chelsy Davy :awesome:
Reply 27
Original post by Pandora_Eyes
That's no way to talk about Chelsy Davy :awesome:

LMAO! :biggrin: I must admit, she is a bit orange! :tongue:
You cannot imagine the enormity of the **** I am unable to give...
Reply 29
Original post by .Ali.
LMAO! :biggrin: I must admit, she is a bit orange! :tongue:

Harry likes them that way; he gets it from his mother.
You cannot fathom the immensity of **** I do not give.

Prince Harry once dressed up as a Nazi for a fancy dress party, Fergie tried to sell access to Prince Andrew for money, Prince Andrew is your average toff and has had many perculiar and questionable dealings over the last decade at least, Prince Phillip is a racist and a bigot.

I'm sorry you think the Royal Family are "classy?" Since when?
Original post by Grund
Because her Mum has a large backside that means she's common? How completely stupid is that. Just because she isn't naturally "dainty" doesn't mean that she's common, that's such a horrible thing to say. And you can't insult Kate without actually meeting her, that's just being unrightly judemental on information that's been filtered down to you from biased sources.

And even she was "common", I think that that would be a huge thing to look up to. It proves that your class background doesn't have to effect you for the rest of your life; you can move up in the world and strive to be someone.

A commoner is someone who isn't part of the nobility.
Worst troll eva?
Meh not so bothered about her not being a fellow royal or whatever. If anything I think it's advantageous for the royal family to bring in somebody of her background. It gives them another dimension and if she becomes a prolific royal who makes an impact on society then people will feel that she relates to them because she's "one of them".

However, I don't like her as a personality and I absolutely detest the fact that all of a sudden an ordinary person has just become so special for doing jack all. She has not done ****. Wow, she shagged a Prince...that's worthy of praise :rolleyes:

I also think it's an absolute joke how all of a sudden she's a 'style icon' :facepalm: WTF, AS IF! Who in the blue hell is she to be starting trends? Who is she, what does she do, what has she done that's worthy of any merit? In a few years IF she does something good then such things would be acceptable but not now.

I hate people like that, walking around as if they're something special when they haven't done anything in life.
The royal family used to be something to which we always looked up. Now His Majesty is going to marry a commoner. I saw a picture of her mum out hunting with the royal family, and her bum looked absolutely HUGE; not at all dainty. I can imagine that after the wedding, Kate will get involved in a huge piss-up and end up dancing on the banquet table with her knickers on her head.

It'll probably do the royals good to expand their gene pool somewhat, perhaps their offspring will look a little less donkey-like. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending