The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CookieDoughLove
It does indeed. You do realise that some females continue to have periods throughout their pregnancy right?

No. You can't have your menstrual period while you're pregnant.

But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy does occur rarely. Now I don't really know this 12 year old, but I DOUBT she had vaginal bleeding. And if she did she would have suffered severe pain, and thats when she should have realised somethings not right :rolleyes:

Plus, this girl had sex, unprotected sex, or she's just extremely secretive.
damn I didn't mean to get her pregnant :o:

I'll have to be more careful with the next one
Original post by kerily
A girl in my Y7 class got pregnant when she was 11. (Really. She was off school for months while getting an abortion etc, and her boyfriend, who was 18, got done on child sex charges.) This sort of thing is appalling, but not as rare as you'd think.

I wouldn't be shocked if this was sexual abuse from her father though, given that she does have a history of that in the family. It's very unfair to jump in and call her a slut without knowing whose it is.

:zomg: Wow. That's even more shocking than that (albeit maybe fictional) story in the Ludacris Runaway Love song, where an 11-year-old girl gets pregnant by her 16-year-old boyfriend. I really don't get what guys that old see in girls that young, or why girls that age want to be engaging in that sort of precocious behaviour anyway :s-smilie:. Just wrong :no:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by nexttime
The father of this girl has a history child abuse. I doubt she 'lost it' willingly.

Well then lets hope she did. otherwise ill feel like a prick :smile:
Feel pretty sorry for the lass :erm:
Reply 45
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:zomg: Wow. That's even more shocking than that (albeit maybe fictional) story in the Ludacris Runaway Love song, where an 11-year-old girl gets pregnant by her 16-year-old boyfriend. I really don't get what guys that old see in girls that young, or why girls that age want to be engaging in that sort of precocious behaviour anyway :s-smilie:. Just wrong :no:

I never found out the full details as we were all only 11 and it was treated as a pretty serious criminal case, but it was actually consensual - she'd come from a pretty horrendously deprived background, and it's quite common among some people around here to sleep with guys substantially older (when I was on work experience aged 16, the girl I was with, who was also 16, had a 25-year-old boyfriend) so it was in some form of context. I never will understand fully though :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by Lewroll
Sounds a bit fishy to me. How can you not tell that she was pregnant. Unless she was really fat?

I dunno why someone negged this. This was my first thought. She's only a child, so the baby would have to show a bit - unless she was fat. This teacher at my school went on maternity leave, and none of us believed she was pregnant, cause she was too fat to see.
Original post by loling909
No. You can't have your menstrual period while you're pregnant.

But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy does occur rarely. Now I don't really know this 12 year old, but I DOUBT she had vaginal bleeding. And if she did she would have suffered severe pain, and thats when she should have realised somethings not right :rolleyes:

Plus, this girl had sex, unprotected sex, or she's just extremely secretive.

Bleeding vaginally doesn't always mean pain. Lots of women 'spot' through pregnancy and think its their period (I assume the ones that don't realise).
Reply 48
A 12-year-old Dutch schoolgirl who gave birth during a school trip has been placed into foster care.

The unnamed girl from Groningen was out with classmates last Tuesday when she felt violent stomach pains. An alarmed teacher called an ambulance and when emergency services arrived they realised she was about to give birth.

Neither the girl nor her family realised she was pregnant, and she showed no signs of carrying a baby.

She has refused to name the father.

Dutch social services told news agency ANP the girl “may be in an unsafe environment” at home and have asked police to begin a formal investigation.

They said: “It is not clear if the adults in this story have played a role. That is why we have asked the police to look into the adults.”

Dutch paper the Telegraaf reports that the girl's father has a conviction for abusing an older sister.

The schoolgirl, along with her baby, are said to be “doing well” in hospital.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/schoolgirl12-gives-birth-on-school-trip-blog-52-yahoo-lifestyles.html

:eek:

Scum
She didn't have her period for 9 months...surely she would of known...

Not all women stop having their periods when they're pregnant.
Reply 50
Bleeding vaginally doesn't always mean pain. Lots of women 'spot' through pregnancy and think its their period (I assume the ones that don't realise).

Ok Sherlock. :beard:
Original post by kerily
I never found out the full details as we were all only 11 and it was treated as a pretty serious criminal case, but it was actually consensual - she'd come from a pretty horrendously deprived background, and it's quite common among some people around here to sleep with guys substantially older (when I was on work experience aged 16, the girl I was with, who was also 16, had a 25-year-old boyfriend) so it was in some form of context. I never will understand fully though :frown:

I don't think 16 and 25 are too bad, cos at least they're both legal. But with 11-year-olds, they're significantly below the age of consent, most have only just started puberty and they are really too immature to be having sexual relationships at that age. I never felt like doing anything like that when I was that age, so it shocks me when I hear that others do. Especially with much older guys who should really know better themselves.
It's such a shame, she's only 12, soo young! How could she not have known though?!? Unless she hadn't been sex educated properly and so didn't know that you're meant to have your period pretty much every month (I know you can skip one down to stress etc) and that an 8/9 month gap of not having your period is not normal, then yeah, how could she not have known?!

Yeah some people could put it down to bad parenting skills or bad sex ed but we've got to realise that kids these days are exploring and becomming more experimental at a younger age. You've gotta knuckle down on them and let them know that having sex at 12 is unacceptable.

I wonder what the legal age for sex is in Holland? 16? 18?
Still poor girl! I wonder if the baby'll go up for adoption?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 53

:eek:

Jeezeeee! ¬.¬
Reply 54
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't think 16 and 25 are too bad, cos at least they're both legal. But with 11-year-olds, they're significantly below the age of consent, most have only just started puberty and they are really too immature to be having sexual relationships at that age. I never felt like doing anything like that when I was that age, so it shocks me when I hear that others do. Especially with much older guys who should really know better themselves.

Well, no .. a 16 year old and 25 year old having sex is illegal :smile:
Original post by Tommyjw

How'd you make that out? :s-smilie: The age of consent is 16 :confused:
Reply 56
I read a case before where a girl was pregnant but the baby grew in the back of the body and the girl never kew she was pregnant. It was something like the baby grew near the spine.
Breaking News!

CNN have just received a video response from the father! :eek:

If the 25 year old is under a position of trust it is illegal, e.g. a teacher or doctor.

16 year olds can legally have sex with people over 18 if they want to though as long as they are not in a position of trust.
Original post by Tommyjw

Why do you say that? :curious: I always thought in this country that legally a 16-year-old can have sex with anyone they want who is also over 16.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and what NeonSkies said. Obviously not their teacher/doctor/etc.

My thoughts exactly.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending