The Student Room Group

Bi-curious friend asked to help fulfil curiosity

A couple of days ago, a bi-curious friend of mine asked me if I would help them. I'm gay myself, so it's a lot less weird for me than it is them. After about half an hour of talking about it, I kind of aggreed, and then the friend was saying it would have to happen within the next week, again, quite strange.

I was obviously hesitant to the idea, seeing as I thought it might make things awkward, but they seemed like I was the only person they could turn to. Now they've suddenly changed their mind due to the time scale of things (not being able to in the next week) and said friend has removed me on FB, blocked me on messenger and won't answer my texts.

What do I do?

Quite a weird one, but nothing is too weird for TSR?

TL ; DR - Straight friend asks gay friend to see how sex is with same sex, now straight friend has gone all quiet.

Also, in before: LOOOOOL.:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought this would be a 'strange' one
Reply 2
Leave it. I have no idea what they're playing at, but they're obviously freaked out (by what they suggested? By you agreeing? By realising their same-sex attractions? By how fast everything moved? Are you sure it was them - did someone else hack their msn/Facebook and do a very elaborate frape, or did you talk to them face to face?) and not wanting anything to do with you. I wouldn't push it. Leave them in the moment to work through whatever mysterious stuff is going on in their head, and then try being friendly again in a couple of weeks' time.
Bi-curious = South Park. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Really strange. I'd go round to where they live and say something like "look, your sexual preferences are none of my business, obvioulsy it was a bad idea for me to agree to something and I felt a bit uncomfortable with it seeing as we're friends. Please stop being weird."
Reply 5
Original post by Reml
How you can even consider the act of homosexuality is disgusting and appalling, and worse still for actually encouraging it - this person should seek help immediately

:facepalm:

Inb4 homophobia, 'you are seducing straight people, how dare you' etc. It's just boring, we've read it all a thousand times before, and it means a load of LGBT+ people get up in arms with you, then you reply back, then so do other people, and the whole thing goes off topic into a massive flamefest where all the OP wanted was advice with their love/sex life.
Reply 6
Oh.. Are you a girl or a guy?
Plus how come it had to be in the week?
Reply 7
i must try this on a girl. I think I'm straight but I'm not sure, help me out?

If only :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Not really. Changed his mind and is (for some stupid reason) now highly embarrased whenever he's reminded of you.

That, or he's homophobic. I think thats not as likely.
Reply 9
Original post by kerily
:facepalm:

Inb4 homophobia, 'you are seducing straight people, how dare you' etc. It's just boring, we've read it all a thousand times before, and it means a load of LGBT+ people get up in arms with you, then you reply back, then so do other people, and the whole thing goes off topic into a massive flamefest where all the OP wanted was advice with their love/sex life.

Well he asked for advice, and i answered from a Christian standpoint.
Sounds like he either got too scared or realised he was straight and is now (understandably) embarrassed by the situation and trying to delete you from his life and pretend it never happened. I'd just let him if I was you but if you really want to still be friends let him know you won't tell anyone and never mention it again.
Original post by kerily
Leave it. I have no idea what they're playing at, but they're obviously freaked out (by what they suggested? By you agreeing? By realising their same-sex attractions? By how fast everything moved? Are you sure it was them - did someone else hack their msn/Facebook and do a very elaborate frape, or did you talk to them face to face?) and not wanting anything to do with you. I wouldn't push it. Leave them in the moment to work through whatever mysterious stuff is going on in their head, and then try being friendly again in a couple of weeks' time.

The bit in bold is making me laugh! :biggrin:

Sounds like your friend is really scared now that there's the possibility it might become a reality. If he isn't talking to you in a few days/weeks, I'd call him up and tell him (just in case he didn't realise) that it's all called off and that he can start talking to you again because you respect his decision to go back on his suggestion or something.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Reml
Well he asked for advice, and i answered from a Christian standpoint.

Have you actually read the whole 'love and tolerance' bit of the New Testament, or did you mysteriously skip the Gospels?

Original post by diamonddust
The bit in bold is making me laugh! :biggrin:

It would actually be the most genius frape ever - if I were a far more horrible person, I would be quite tempted :awesome:
Reply 13
Original post by kerily

Original post by kerily

Nah, not a frape, they said things that only they would know, not being 'out', and the mannerisms were quite alike.

I only said yes because they seemed pretty desperate about the whole thing, and I probably shouldn't have decided whilst not being sober.

It wasn't as if I screamed 'YES YES YES YES' (which, heck, I would've in an ideal world). It took about 30 minutes of asking them why and making sure, and then the final agreement only came when they were like 'forget it, i'll never know'

Meh. If anything, a frape would be a relief.
Reply 14
Original post by kerily
Have you actually read the whole 'love and tolerance' bit of the New Testament, or did you mysteriously skip the Gospels?

It would actually be the most genius frape ever - if I were a far more horrible person, I would be quite tempted :awesome:

No offence but i find you instructing me on how to read my own bible rather offensive, have some damn courtesy and respect for religious belief.
Original post by kerily

:rofl: If you ever do become a horrible person... can you take screenshots? :tongue: :laugh:
Reply 16
Original post by nathan2010

Original post by nathan2010
Sounds like he either got too scared or realised he was straight and is now (understandably) embarrassed by the situation and trying to delete you from his life and pretend it never happened. I'd just let him if I was you but if you really want to still be friends let him know you won't tell anyone and never mention it again.

I dunno, he said he was curious a couple of years ago, and I dunno if he'd come to a sudden realisation in the space of a few seconds.

He'll probably think about it for a while then all will return to normal. That, or I've lost a good friend for trying to 'help'
Reply 17

I second this :wink:

Blurr the names though, have some compassion.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Nah, not a frape, they said things that only they would know, not being 'out', and the mannerisms were quite alike.

Oh damn. Yeah, it probably was them, then. (Not that I thought it was likely to be a frape, but if people only talk to you over the internet, you can never be sure...)

I only said yes because they seemed pretty desperate about the whole thing, and I probably shouldn't have decided whilst not being sober.

Probably not, but we're all human. It's perfectly natural to think 'this seems like the stuff of my dreams!' and then want to grab it with both hands - if you're attracted to members of the same sex, you spend so much time thinking 'damn, I wish you were gay' about straight people that if someone even drops a hint that they might be gay, you're all :moon: and you can't always think rationally. Don't blame yourself - I doubt there's many people out there who would turn down a chance to get with someone they liked who also liked them.

Original post by Reml
No offence but i find you instructing me on how to read my own bible rather offensive, have some damn courtesy and respect for religious belief.

I love how you're assuming that I'm an atheist. I just don't know how anyone can get through all the bits where Jesus is all 'you should love and care for everyone, and leave the judging up to God' (paraphrased heavily :awesome:) and read this as an endorsement of homophobia. Read what you want into your own Bible, but don't go around saying that it definitively condemns homosexuality.

:rofl: If you ever do become a horrible person... can you take screenshots? :tongue: :laugh:

Of course :biggrin: I think it would be a bit harsh for the person you led on, though :tongue:
Original post by Reml

It cuts both ways, really. Why don't you have respect and courtesy for people who are gay? :dontknow: Somehow, I don't think calling homosexuality 'disgusting and appalling' is respectful towards anyone. People who are straight may have gay friends and relatives etc. and I for one find it 'rather offensive' that you'd talk about other people in that way.
Didn't want to butt in but couldn't not respond to that. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending