The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bella Occhi
Of course he wants people to throw street parties, any excuse to distract from the mess he's making of this country...

Wow, you are so insightful. Maybe you should run for Government, you really have this great ability to see through all the distractions.
Original post by Zap Brannigan
Wow, you are so insightful. Maybe you should run for Government, you really have this great ability to see through all the distractions.

I smell sarcasm. :colonhash:
Reply 22
**** off, Cameron. I, for one, will shut myself inside and revise for my somewhat important AS levels.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Einheri
Oh look some inbred, over-priviledged toffs are getting married, let's celebrate!

You kinda shot yourself in the foot there.. since he's marrying someone he met at university :confused:

I for one won't be having a street party, because I can't be bothered to go to our council - but we'll probably have some friends over and have a party of sorts.
Reply 24
Street parties in my community?.No just no, it will end up with the police breaking up some drunken fight or other.People around here dont need an excuse to get paraletic, its a daily occurence.
Reply 25
Original post by Architecture-er
You kinda shot yourself in the foot there.. since he's marrying someone he met at university :confused:

I for one won't be having a street party, because I can't be bothered to go to our council - but we'll probably have some friends over and have a party of sorts.

She is also an inbred toff, certainly a toff if not quite so much the inbreed.
Reply 26
Cameron is only doing what is right. He believes in the monarchy. He is a royal himself.
Reply 27
Fore one day TSRians, shut up and picnic.
Original post by AskMeAnything
Some people will really use any excuse to Cameron-bash, it's not even funny. It's like someone told them it was fashionable so now they don't even think about a story before "PM from Mars" et cetera.

OR, its just that people don't want to be lectured about having some sort of street party, celebrating a wedding that more than half the population does not give two craps about.

There is a reason there is only a fraction of street parties being held (than were held when Diana/Charles were getting married to one another), its b/c the majority of people could not care less about the event.
Reply 29
Cameron's a good lad.
Original post by manchild007
OR, its just that people don't want to be lectured about having some sort of street party, celebrating a wedding that more than half the population does not give two craps about.

There is a reason there is only a fraction of street parties being held (than were held when Diana/Charles were getting married to one another), its b/c the majority of people could not care less about the event.

Who do you know well down your street?
Reply 31
there is going to be a street party in my village but everyone in my village is old a party isn't fun with old people
Original post by R£SP£CT
After crippling the UKs funding, he expects us to "party". The only time when Street parties of such a scale occur, is when Cameron leaves no 10 for Good! :party:

Original post by Bella Occhi
Of course he wants people to throw street parties, any excuse to distract from the mess he's making of this country...

The Festival of Britain

Ironic, isn't it? You're complaining about Conservative and Labour did it far worse.

1951 - Just a couple of years after the war, Britain was in a HORRIBLE economic condition. Rationing had not yet ended, and what does Labour do? Lets have a party!

How very stupid. The fact is, that the Labour government spent millions on this silly party when it could have been better spent to improve the lives of many.

And now you're complaining about Cameron ALLOWING small scale street parties to celebrate the wedding of a member of the Royal Family? It's not as if he is spending millions on these street parties, he is simply allowing them. The wedding is going to happen anyway.

So, Labour supporters in this thread, stop being such hypocrites!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AskMeAnything
Who do you know well down your street?

Quite a lot of folks actually; we have a summer fare every year.

Before you go onto make your fallacious assumptions about my post (no doubt to suit your own argument as you wish :rolleyes: ), you should realise that nowhere did I state the merits/demerits of holding a street party.

The issue is the reason for having such a party but moreover, being lectured by someone to do so - Cameron could have just as easily released a statement saying that holding a street party has become easier b/c regulations have been relaxed etc, so people should feel free to do so, but instead he issues a statement which out rights patronizes the public frankly.
(edited 13 years ago)
My street is having a party, I don't really like the royal family but I'm going because there is free hog roast :colone:
Reply 35
There seems to be a lot of high volume, overenthusiastic opinion sharing in this thread.

I think I'll join in. WUUUA WUUAHH WUAHH BLAHBLAH!

*Dead silence*

Extra day off!!!
Some people are just angry for no reason now

Cameron "Lets have a great day"
You " **** off"

wtf?
Reply 37
Original post by mellie220
My street is having a party, I don't really like the royal family but I'm going because there is free hog roast :colone:

That would be interesting. If it turns out that the locals were putting on a street party for this wedding, I would just go for the free grub on offer. Also it would be fun having to explain to people how much you dislike the royals whilst tucking into a pork pie.
I have to go to work, so no partying for me. :dance: :sad:
Original post by Sushidelight
<Snip>

God I am glad I'm in Paris.

Latest

Trending

Trending