The Student Room Group

How to celebrate graduation 👩*🎓

So, due to financial and personal reason, I’m not able to go to my graduation this year. The cost of renting a gown, travel and accommodation is too much to justify. It’s for my PGCE and it’s been such a difficult year for me and I’m so proud of myself. Does anyone have any ideas for me to celebrate myself please?
Is this by yourself or with a group (if so, how big?) you want to celebrate?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Is this by yourself or with a group (if so, how big?) you want to celebrate?

By myself. As they went to my undergraduate graduation, no one in my family is interested that I’ve done a PGCE (hence me not going to my graduation this time around).
I don’t know your exact circumstances but I’d just say go to your graduation if you can. Maybe get a part time job, hit up an agency? Anything?

in the grand scheme of things it’s not that important. I missed out on HS prom, but I went to the party. I wish I went to prom though, and I’m defo going to graduation next year.
Original post by MrSoloDolo
I don’t know your exact circumstances but I’d just say go to your graduation if you can. Maybe get a part time job, hit up an agency? Anything?

in the grand scheme of things it’s not that important. I missed out on HS prom, but I went to the party. I wish I went to prom though, and I’m defo going to graduation next year.

I’ve been to my prom.

I went to my graduation last year for my bachelors degree.

I don’t have anyone to celebrate this achievement with and so I don’t feel like wasting the money to go all the way back to my university (technically a different country) to attend a graduation alone. As I have massive anxiety, not really my idea of fun.

So I’m asking for ideas for how I could celebrate it alone.
And I’ve already said I’m not going to my graduation, can’t change attending it now.
Original post by CuriousCat567
I’ve been to my prom.

I went to my graduation last year for my bachelors degree.

I don’t have anyone to celebrate this achievement with and so I don’t feel like wasting the money to go all the way back to my university (technically a different country) to attend a graduation alone. As I have massive anxiety, not really my idea of fun.

So I’m asking for ideas for how I could celebrate it alone.

So the graduation is for your masters? Fair enough then.

just hit up some friends and have a drink.

Nobody’s going to have fun alone if you’re celebrating something like a PGCE.
Original post by CuriousCat567
So, due to financial and personal reason, I’m not able to go to my graduation this year. The cost of renting a gown, travel and accommodation is too much to justify. It’s for my PGCE and it’s been such a difficult year for me and I’m so proud of myself. Does anyone have any ideas for me to celebrate myself please?

Hi there :biggrin:

Congratulations on your PGCE!

Here are some ideas on how you can celebrate graduating:
-Go out for a meal or drinks with some friends or family
-Do a little get together at your house with things like karaoke, paint and sip, picky bits etc.
-Take yourself on date e.g. go to your favourite restaurant or order in and watch a movie
-Do something you enjoy e.g. go to a show, museum, swimming, shopping etc.
-Do an at home spa to celebrate e.g. face masks, manicure, bath, bubbly
-Cook yourself a fancy meal at home or attend a cooking class
-Journal/ scrap book. You can reminisce your time at uni and everything that you have achieved
-Have a Zoom call with your friends if they live far. You can plays games or do a quiz

Hope this gives you an idea

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending