The Student Room Group

What is most likely to happen in this situation?

Poll

How likely am I to be able to reapeat

So my situation is such:

I'm in first year Computer Science, (in this uni all first year courses of IT are same and no problem swapping them), I passed 2 modules that I needed in first half with minimum + results. Now in second part I passed 1 double module also with minimal results +.

Problems begin:

there's 3 more modules, 2 of them I need least half from exams and I feel like I won't get enough, cos I missed lots of lectures and classes, even got letter from programme office asking me to explain absence, which I did, but didn't hear anything from them after my reply (I assume they accepted that) AND I have week till one's and two till other's exams.

Main problem:

that 3rd module, which is also double module spanning in two parts of year, there was a coursework project with 3 deliverables, I needed 30% from it to pass to next year course that I want to study, I got only 20%. Means I shouldn't be able to go to next year now, unless I change course to one that I find boring or other that I don't like.

So I still need to pass all these 3 modules with half from exams, to get satisfactory 40% of each module, but it will still mean I don't have enough from that pesky coursework to advance to second year of course I want.

I'm really feeling down about it and not sure what to do, I will talk to tutor and programs office of course. But I just want to know maybe someone has similar experience and can answer to these questions:

How is it with repeating university course (my situation 1st year, failed coursework if I pass exams) ?

Is it worth changing for jobs sake the course if I can? (the way I feel, better normal job than no job for years and quitting uni)

and what possibly would change if I fail exams, in case of asking to repeat year?

and how likely am I to repeat year?

also how uni looks at such students..

million thanks.

I don't need morals, about that I shouldn't have missed lectures, it's too late for that and apart just the obvious it won't make anyone feel better anyway. so please don't post such answers, thanks.
Summary? My eyes hurt.
Tl; dr please :smile:
Reply 3
failed coursework that is needed to go to next year of what I want.
minimum requirements is how my grades look like.
missed lectures

how likely am I to repeat 1st year.

short summary.
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
Original post by Martynas_UK
failed coursework that is needed to go to next year of what I want.
minimum requirements is how my grades look like.
missed lectures

how likely am I to repeat 1st year.

short summary.

Contact your department about it. I'd expect they'd only allow you to resit the year if you had a v. good reason why you weren't able to perform.
Reply 6
bump, more opinions please. is there really no one who had something similar? asking to repeat course or it's just me..
Reply 7
Original post by Wild_Precious_Life
Summary? My eyes hurt.

:ditto:
Reply 8
Original post by chidona
Contact your department about it. I'd expect they'd only allow you to resit the year if you had a v. good reason why you weren't able to perform.

this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending