The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

My girlfriend always has a go at me because I like ketchup on ham when I have it in crusty cobs.
Original post by moonkatt
My girlfriend always has a go at me because I like ketchup on ham when I have it in crusty cobs.

Ham and ketchup rolls are awesome :five: it's just like bacon and ketchup, but without the effort of cooking!
Reply 362
Original post by lightburns
It's insane! They are CHIPS. They're not healthy. That's like going to mcdonalds, ordering a double cheeseburger and large chips, then getting diet coke solely for the reason that it's the healthier option.

Haha, good point; I'm sure there are some people in the world who actually do that! But yeah, it's sometimes hard to actually call the chips at school 'chips' - often they look and taste more like chip-shaped boiled potatoes. :s-smilie:
Reply 363
There are times when ketchup is acceptable and times when ketchup is nigh on MANDATORY. But there are things that are just a no-no.

My uncle (the same one that ketchup'd the steak...GRRR), for example, puts ketchup on top of steak pie... he even puts it on BOILED RICE. He ruins so much tasty grub with that sugary elixir.
Reply 364
Not a crime, but this annoys me - people that always state the category of food after the type. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL US THE DISTINCT CATEGORY IT FITS INTO.

Examples?

"I'm going to eat a Tuna-FISH sandwich."
"I'm going to drink a glass of Pepsi-COLA."
"I just at a Millionaire Shortbread-BISCUIT."

GRRR!
Throwing the pizza crusts away or not eating them - they are delicious.
People who are eating food and saying "This tastes like crap" and keep on eating it - WHY ARE YOU EATING SOMETHING YOU DO NOT LIKE??
Original post by TotoMimo
Not a crime, but this annoys me - people that always state the category of food after the type. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU DON'T NEED TO TELL US THE DISTINCT CATEGORY IT FITS INTO.

Examples?

"I'm going to eat a Tuna-FISH sandwich."
"I'm going to drink a glass of Pepsi-COLA."
"I just at a Millionaire Shortbread-BISCUIT."

GRRR!

Sorry, I laughed so much I spat out my J20 drink.
Original post by tehforum
Sorry, I laughed so much I spat out my J20 drink.

:lol:

But J2O itself should be food crime, they think with their glass bottles they can trick us into thinking it's somehow better than standard juice... but it's not.
And it makes you thirstier the more you drink
Original post by dnumberwang
:lol:

But J2O itself should be food crime, they think with their glass bottles they can trick us into thinking it's somehow better than standard juice... but it's not.
And it makes you thirstier the more you drink

And it's about a bazillion calories! Way way way too sweet.
Reply 369
Eating loudly. Instant turn-off. Oh, and my cousin used to eat butter, big mouthfuls from a spoon. I almost gag thinking about it...
Original post by SoapyDish
And it's about a bazillion calories! Way way way too sweet.

Yeah, 149 calories, OH NO?!

The sugar content, as you rightly say, is huge.

Per 100ml - 11g
11/3.3 = 36.3g per 330ml bottle of J20.

Source: I've got two bottles on my desk.
People who order a coffee, only to reduce it to a milky, intensely sweet liquid by adding 5 sugars and loads of milk.
Oh, and going to a foreign country and eating chicken nuggets and chips, i.e. english food.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, 149 calories, OH NO?!

The sugar content, as you rightly say, is huge.

Per 100ml - 11g
11/3.3 = 36.3g per 330ml bottle of J20.

Source: I've got two bottles on my desk.

Well, a bazillion may have been a slight overestimate...:tongue: I just find that drinks never fill me up as much as food with the equivalent number of calories, so it's kind of empty calories. I could easily drink 1000 calories of orange juice in a day, as well as three normal meals!
Original post by SoapyDish
Well, a bazillion may have been a slight overestimate...:tongue: I just find that drinks never fill me up as much as food with the equivalent number of calories, so it's kind of empty calories. I could easily drink 1000 calories of orange juice in a day, as well as three normal meals!

Exactly.
I had a litre of Ben and Jerry's ice cream yesterday (free cone day B&J), and I just felt the same!
I have to say, PRAISE THE LORD for free BandJ ice cream, because out of the 10 flavours that were on offer, I know which ones to stay well clear from.

P.S. Cookie Dough is overhyped and tastes so grainy, it's horrible.
Reply 374
P.S. Cookie Dough is overhyped and tastes so grainy, it's horrible.

YES!

I get told off for saying that, apparently it's heavenly.
Original post by Potiron
YES!

I get told off for saying that, apparently it's heavenly.

I tell you what is heavenly.

Jamaican Me Crazy Sorbet (funny how I thought a sorbet was the best out of the 10), Strawberry Cheesecake, and Caramel Chew Chew.
Reply 376
I tell you what is heavenly.

Jamaican Me Crazy Sorbet (funny how I thought a sorbet was the best out of the 10), Strawberry Cheesecake, and Caramel Chew Chew.

They sound good to me, I'll look out for them. Reckon tesco will have them?
Original post by Potiron
They sound good to me, I'll look out for them. Reckon tesco will have them?

They sell Caramel Chew Chew.

They don't sell the sorbet - you have to go to Odeon or something.

And as for the cheesecake, same deal, they don't stock it. BUT, atm in Tesco, strawberry cheesecake Haagen Dazs is on offer - half price at £2.07.

Try that.
Or alternatively, if you want to stick to your roots, then in Asda, they ARE selling a mini tub of Strawberry Cheesecake B&J for £1.50 - 150ml.

Your choice.
Reply 379
I may do a round trip to both...although not until we have a working freezer, this is something that just occured to me.

Quick Reply

Latest