The Student Room Group

Woodhouse college!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I still haven't heard anything back from Woodhouse yet. ): I'm starting to get anxious... :P
Reply 61
Original post by nerdfighter28
Oh, I had Mr Clinton too :smile: How was your interview?

It was a good interview and he seemed to be okay.
What about you?

Got my letter today...

Waiting list.

Damn my A level combination. I chose the ones with the best competition (I thought I had decent grades and good enrichment activities) however I don't understand why they give out such low offers...

Praying that some people reject their offers:colondollar:
Sorry to hear that :frown:
I was gutted when I got waiting list, I prepared for the interview and all.
Reply 63
Original post by dabest2500
Sorry to hear that :frown:
I was gutted when I got waiting list, I prepared for the interview and all.

I okay, still slightly shocked but I'll get over it. I think I feel more motivated into getting better results now, especially in my weaker subjects...

Its all good :smile:
Original post by rae_
What about you?

Got my letter today...

Waiting list.

Damn my A level combination. I chose the ones with the best competition (I thought I had decent grades and good enrichment activities) however I don't understand why they give out such low offers...

aww, well, it's okay; the waiting list moves pretty fast. I still haven't heard from them at all :/ The interview was pretty good as are my predicted grades, but I'm applying for Sciences which is oversubscribed, so I might be waiting listed :frown: What are your predicted grades?
Original post by rae_
I okay, still slightly shocked but I'll get over it. I think I feel more motivated into getting better results now, especially in my weaker subjects...

Its all good :smile:

Yeah, I think it's important not to get demotivated by it.
Reply 66
Original post by rae_
What about you?

Got my letter today...

Waiting list.

Me too :frown: I chose all sciences, and I really wanted to go to Woodhouse...It's really unfair. Girls in my year have slightly lower predicted grades than me, and live in my area and chose the same subjects as me but yet they got an offer...:frown:
Original post by Princess_Shaz
Me too :frown: I chose all sciences, and I really wanted to go to Woodhouse...It's really unfair. Girls in my year have slightly lower predicted grades than me, and live in my area and chose the same subjects as me but yet they got an offer...:frown:

Did you hear from them?
Reply 68
My friend who lives two doors down from me and has very similar predicted grades to me got waiting listed today and I still haven't received anything! But you're right, if we don't get offers it's their loss, not ours :smile: I still want a place though :P Did you hear anything?

I'm sure you'll get a place :smile: I got my letter today...waiting list...absolutely gutted and upset :frown:
Reply 69
aww, well, it's okay; the waiting list moves pretty fast. I still haven't heard from them at all :/ The interview was pretty good as are my predicted grades, but I'm applying for Sciences which is oversubscribed, so I might be waiting listed :frown: What are your predicted grades?

9 A*s/As
2 Bs I suck at English Lang/Lit has anyone got advice in how to achieve an A/ A* in the exams
1 C -Achieved in a Astromony which I stupidly chose to study for a term and do the exam...Still a good achievement though.

Oh don't get disheartened, its like a lottery I guess, my friend had all A*s and got rejected even though she didn't live that far...

I wish you guys waiting for a reply, all the best of luck and if you don't get in don't lose hope there is always an alternative...
I'm sure you'll get a place :smile: I got my letter today...waiting list...absolutely gutted and upset :frown:

:console: ah, sorry to hear that, yours sounded so promising.

Original post by rae_
9 A*s/As
2 Bs I suck at English Lang/Lit has anyone got advice in how to achieve an A/ A* in the exams
1 C -Achieved in a Astromony which I stupidly chose to study for a term and do the exam...Still a good achievement though.

Oh don't get disheartened, its like a lottery I guess, my friend had all A*s and got rejected even though she didn't live that far...

I wish you guys waiting for a reply, all the best of luck and if you don't get in don't lose hope there is always an alternative...

That's ridiculous.

As I said, it's their loss. And anyway, chances are you'll get a place later; the waiting list moves fast. Your grades are awesome, how did you not get an offer? :/
Reply 72
Yeah, I think it's important not to get demotivated by it.

Mhm, although I'm a bit upset...

Don't get upset about it, get even ! Revise hard and get good grades then contact Woodhouse on results day and you may get in. If not, at least you know you tried.
Reply 73
:console: ah, sorry to hear that, yours sounded so promising.

That's ridiculous.

Thanks :smile: I think I might call them and ask them why they couldn't offer me a place.
As I said, it's their loss. And anyway, chances are you'll get a place later; the waiting list moves fast. Your grades are awesome, how did you not get an offer? :/

I hope it moves fast...I really wanted a place. I keep thinking I'm going to go there, even though the letter is right in front of me =/
Original post by rae_
Mhm, although I'm a bit upset...

Don't get upset about it, get even ! Revise hard and get good grades then contact Woodhouse on results day and you may get in. If not, at least you know you tried.

Yeah, I agree :smile: We'll get our high grades and show them...but what if there are no places available? =/
Reply 74
That's ridiculous.

I guess it is, but we can't change it.

Oh and you know the waiting list letter, what does it mean by Ref:WHC... do we have to fill it in...I'm a bit slow..:colondollar:
Thanks :smile: I think I might call them and ask them why they couldn't offer me a place.

Oh yeah, that's a good idea.
They didn't explain in the letter.
Original post by rae_
9 A*s/As

Did you apply to Latymer?
Original post by rae_
9 A*s/As

Your grades are great! I agree with Shaz that a huge amount of it is probably a coin toss :/ I'm really getting impatient now, although I'm almost certain that I'll be waiting listed as a lot of people with great grades were...
Original post by rae_
I guess it is, but we can't change it.

Oh and you know the waiting list letter, what does it mean by Ref:WHC... do we have to fill it in...I'm a bit slow..:colondollar:

My mum did it :colondollar:
EDIT: Just found out, the Ref:WHC is found at the top of the first of the three letters.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Wick3d
Did you apply to Latymer?

Sadly I didn't, in fact I didn't hear about the college till recently. I'm erm quite disorganised when it comes to these things...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending