The Student Room Group

A-Levels you regretted taking.

Scroll to see replies

Biology...EDEXCEL :unimpressed:

it is just...i have no words

:banghead:
Reply 201
ENGLISH LIT!!!!!! jeese I dont think I slept or had any social life when taking that frickin course :frown:
Physics.

At AS year I got a U at everything. Thank god you don't have to declare U's!
Original post by Sarky.
Same situation here dude. Hating it right now, got 2 resits with it coming up >.>. Could've been worse, I almost had 3.

Totally in the same boat as you two....i'm sure a lot of other people agree to.
Original post by AskMeAnything
Physics.

At AS year I got a U at everything. Thank god you don't have to declare U's!

is this OCR B were talking about? :eek:
Original post by blush.ox
Biology...EDEXCEL :unimpressed:

it is just...i have no words

:banghead:

Fancy running into you here o_O
next thing im gonna say is I regret taking Art to :biggrin:
Original post by J.tytler
Fine Art :frown:

French, Maths, Physics are all great but Art needs to GTFO

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'm doing maths, further maths, physics, and art and design(Fine Art to)

Art takes up 90% of my time. Spend more time on it than on Further Maths and it leaves me with no time at all to do Physics. ....but that's also because I have terrible time management skills..:|
Original post by snowflakesblues
Fancy running into you here o_O
next thing im gonna say is I regret taking Art to :biggrin:

stalker :colone: i joke xD
loool yu love it really :mmm:
Reply 208
Didn't regret a thing I'm rather pleased with how it turned out :smile:

Although that said way back at the beginning of AS year I chose Computing. Don't know what I was thinking (parents saying 'Ohh you're good with computers' probably :dry:). Knew I'd hate it within 2 weeks. Swapped it out for Maths.

Loved Maths and am now in a field at university where Maths is critical (wouldn't be able to take Physics or Engineering without it).

I also did Further Maths during my A2 year. So yeah pretty bad judgement not taking Maths.

Seems so long ago now I can't imagine my life wihtout Maths :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Maths, Computing, Physics and Biology... oh wait, that's all the ones I took... :moon:
Original post by blush.ox
stalker :colone: i joke xD
loool yu love it really :mmm:

Get over yourself :P

jk

Love you really :smile: xxx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 211
Theatre Studies with Edexcel :frown: SO hard to get a good grade!
is this OCR B were talking about? :eek:

Yep, but don't worry. I was an idiot and I never really paid attention - the maths just went over my head. Take into account I got an A* at GCSE physics... I loved the theory of it but the maths was so boring.
Original post by AskMeAnything
Yep, but don't worry. I was an idiot and I never really paid attention - the maths just went over my head. Take into account I got an A* at GCSE physics... I loved the theory of it but the maths was so boring.

Oh no, I know what you mean. OCR B is just screwed up that way xD The maths bit is fine for me...it's the theory I don't get. :|
Reply 214
I FEEL YOUR PAIN. I'm doing maths, further maths, physics, and art and design(Fine Art to)

Art takes up 90% of my time. Spend more time on it than on Further Maths and it leaves me with no time at all to do Physics. ....but that's also because I have terrible time management skills..:|

Same... except i've kindof given up on Art... given up on an A anyway

What possessed you to pick this horrible combination? :tongue:
Original post by J.tytler
Same... except i've kindof given up on Art... given up on an A anyway

What possessed you to pick this horrible combination? :tongue:

The MAD Idea of wanting to be an Architect. Unfortunately, after 2 years of straight Art A level, it's made me given up of wanting to even pursue Architecture(Once My Lifelong ambition). The k100 course at Nottingham is 6 years, and it's 100% coursework based. I've been having nightmares (literally) recently just by the thought of it, I'm now trying to get into a Maths related course through Extra. So why did you choose Art :s-smilie:?
(edited 13 years ago)
The MAD Idea of wanting to be an Architect. Unfortunately, after 2 years of straight Art A level, it's made me given up of wanting to even pursue Architecture(Once My Lifelong ambition). The k100 course at Nottingham is 6 years, and it's 100% coursework based. I've been having nightmares (literally) recently just by the thought of it, I'm now trying to get into a Maths related course through Extra. So why did you choose Art :s-smilie:?

Nooo u seemed so enthusiastic about the subject-don't give up on ur dream! If u pursue a career in a maths subject u ll end up abandoning art forever :frown: i love my mathsy m8s but they are a bunch of philistines tbh lol
Reply 217

Haha exactly the same reason... then I realized I hated Art A-Level and was struggling with the workload simply though lack of motivation and I actually looked into some Architecture courses... what the students were saying about all nighters... no social life... crits etc just put me off completely... then the job prospects afterwards are just plain depressing to say the least.

Looking back I don't even know why I wanted to be an Architect... I guess the pressure of having no idea what I wanted to do got to me and I picked somthing I thought I'd enjoy and be good at :/

So yeah... scratch 7 years of hell to be unemployed with a tone of debt... I'ma do Languages... much easier, and I get to travel :cool:
Original post by Barden
Maths, Computing, Physics and Biology... oh wait, that's all the ones I took... :moon:

Physics is mad
Reply 219
ICT- not because I found it difficult, but because it was boring and the teachers were really crap. Dropped it after AS :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest