The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Geography @ Kings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi I've just firmed Kings
I think ill apply for either SSA or Great Dover Street.
Really excited!!!!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Even if I do get an offer from UCL (highly unlikely, after my debacle of an interview the other week!) I think that i'm going to firm King's. The atmosphere at the post-offer day on Wednesday was superb - it just felt like a much friendlier place than UCL did.
Original post by rjmorey1
Hi I've just firmed Kings
I think ill apply for either SSA or Great Dover Street.
Really excited!!!!!

Yay, congratulations! :smile: Btw, you can apply for all of the available accommodation, which is recommended as most people apparently don't get their first choice :smile:

Original post by Heinz the German
Even if I do get an offer from UCL (highly unlikely, after my debacle of an interview the other week!) I think that i'm going to firm King's. The atmosphere at the post-offer day on Wednesday was superb - it just felt like a much friendlier place than UCL did.

I agree. King's does have a lovely and welcoming atmosphere, which was one of the reasons why I decided to firm it :smile: Have you firmed it yet or are you still thinking about it?
Will firm it when I get home and can find my login details for Track :smile:
Reply 24
How is everyone's accommodation coming along? I haven't put mine in yet, lol, too scared to be rejected from stamford street.
Reply 25
Original post by kebabmonk
How is everyone's accommodation coming along? I haven't put mine in yet, lol, too scared to be rejected from stamford street.

I've applied but doubt I'll actually get it seeing I live within the M25. Did put first choice as Stamford Street though :tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by Heinz the German

Biggest mistake of your life.
Original post by kebabmonk
How is everyone's accommodation coming along?

I'm going to do mine at the end of May, once all my exams are done, but I'm going to go for the cheaper options - KCH, Hampstead, Brian Creamer and Wolfson :smile:

Glasgow :smile: you?

Original post by therealOG
Biggest mistake of your life.

What is with you and your hatred of KCL???!!! Stop trolling. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't even bother coming to the KCL sub forums.
Reply 28
Original post by chr1stopher11

What is with you and your hatred of KCL???!!! Stop trolling. If you have nothing constructive to say then don't even bother coming to the KCL sub forums.

Nah nah nah, you got me all wrong!!!

I meant that in a joking kind of way, chill bro, I didn't mean any offense. I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, my wording was misleading.

I haven't got any hatred for KCL. I would have definitely applied there if they had offered my course :smile: In the other thread I was just arguing the point that UCL on the whole is better than KCL, nothing more.
Nah nah nah, you got me all wrong!!!

I meant that in a joking kind of way, chill bro, I didn't mean any offense. I'm sorry if you took offense to what I said, my wording was misleading.

I haven't got any hatred for KCL. I would have definitely applied there if they had offered my course :smile: In the other thread I was just arguing the point that UCL on the whole is better than KCL, nothing more.

It sure did look like you hated KCL.

it's beyond doubt that UCL > KCL...the very large gap that exists between UCL and KCL...only a deluded KCL student would make such an outlandish statement...biggest mistake of your life

Anyway, I'm very glad I got into KCL. I heard that the UCL and KCL geography courses are similar anyway.
Reply 30
It sure did look like you hated KCL.

I wasn't hating on KCL at all - when did I insult it? I was arguing my point that UCL is superior to KCL.

I heard that the UCL and KCL geography courses are similar anyway.

You heard wrong, but you'll hardly be disadvantaged by going for KCL, it just depends on what you want to do afterwards.
I wasn't hating on KCL at all - when did I insult it? I was arguing my point that UCL is superior to KCL.

Seriously... Right, moving on.

You heard wrong, but you'll hardly be disadvantaged by going for KCL, it just depends on what you want to do afterwards.

Oh well never mind then. What do you want to do after graduating then?
Reply 32
What do you want to do after graduating then?

At the moment I'm looking at investment banking, consultancy, or a Masters in development/globalisation. What about you? (I'm doing a joint honours course in Economics and Geography btw)
At the moment I'm looking at investment banking, consultancy, or a Masters in development/globalisation. What about you? (I'm doing a joint honours course in Economics and Geography btw)

Ah ok. I was thinking about an accounting/finance career until I did a bit of bookkeeping. I found it boring. I'm thinking about doing urban planning or maybe something to do with tourism, maybe hotel manager - I don't really know. If I did want to do urban planning then I would be good to do an accredited masters. Tbh, I'm leaning towards international urban planning. I'd like to have an international career :biggrin:. But obviously I might completely change my mind in a few years time :smile:

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck in getting the entry requirements for uni if you need to get any :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Ah ok. I was thinking about an accounting/finance career until I did a bit of bookkeeping. I found it boring. I'm thinking about doing urban planning or maybe something to do with tourism, maybe hotel manager - I don't really know. If I did want to do urban planning then I would be good to do an accredited masters. Tbh, I'm leaning towards international urban planning. I'd like to have an international career :biggrin:. But obviously I might completely change my mind in a few years time :smile:

EDIT: Forgot to say good luck in getting the entry requirements for uni if you need to get any :smile:

Just be aware that "book-keeping/auditing" is a tiny part of accounting and finance. There's so many different areas of accounting, and once you become a chartered accountant many people go into investment banking and strategic consultancy.
Reply 35
Hey fellow Geographers !

BA GEOGRAPHY AT KINGS 2011 ! WOOP WOOP ¬

stamford street is by far the most ideal location . right on the southbank at a ten minute walk to the strand . although hamstead is the most spacious/cleanest and nicest . but i guess it all depends on what you want ..

anyone considering private accomodation?

you guys excited ? =)
Original post by hooba
Hey fellow Geographers !

stamford street is by far the most ideal location . right on the southbank at a ten minute walk to the strand . although hamstead is the most spacious/cleanest and nicest . but i guess it all depends on what you want ..

you guys excited ? =)

Hey there :smile:. I'm hoping for Brian Creamer personally. It looks really nice and it's close enough to the Strand :smile:. Yes I am excited :biggrin: but nervous as well. I've been looking at the reading list and I think I might buy a few books off of it and hopefully read them before the start of term, although people have recommended that I don't do that and just wait until the start of term, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

How's everyone else feeling?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by hooba
Hey fellow Geographers !

you guys excited ? =)

SSA is a five minute walk. I'm excited cause I'm gonna crash your freshers parties. :cool: :tongue:
Hi guys, congrats on your places!! King's is absolutely amazing, and the course literally has something for everyone! I'm a third year doing Human, and the past two years have been brilliant :smile: I am also a member of the Geography society at King's, and he have set up this page for all Geography 1st years in King's, so people could meet and get to know each other before freshers has even kicked off. Check out my signature and search for "King's College Geography Freshers 2011-12" on Facebook. And please please feel free to ask any questions, I vividly remember the pre-uni excitement :smile: Lina
Reply 39
im joining the party woop woop!!! unfortunately just missed out on ucl dammit but still...how on earth am i gonna get accomodation as kings was my insurance, anyone got any ideas??

Quick Reply

Latest