The Student Room Group

Saif al-Arab, son of Col Gaddafi KILLED by NATO Air strike

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Broderss
Can anyone really be sure on what he looks like or who he is?

So the DNA testing was for what... the lulz? and does the fact that in the trial he acted too much like the leader to not be him? did he not verify himself?
Reply 61
Gaddafi crying wolf again i presume :pierre:

He said last month his other son had died but is actually still alive and well. The he claimed his adopted daughter had died. Turned out not only was she not dead, she was not his adopted daughter and she never even existed.

I sincerely hope they are not lying again because that's out of order.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by The_0001
LOL, just LOL.

Gonna offer an argument? Or just be a ****?
Original post by Aj12
A million had already been killed by Saddam though. The deaths in Iraq many were not directly caused by Bush merely Islamic extremists using the chaos to kill other Muslims

Using the chaos created by the invasion... and the US was definitely a coupla decades late in stopping Saddam's genocide.
Reply 64
Original post by Inzamam99
If they had murdered Bush and all others involved in planning the immoral and illegal invasion of Iraq in 2001 then tens of thousands of deaths also would not happened?

Would you have supported an assassination of the former President of the United States? If not then why not? Surely his actions resulted in the deaths of thousands as well.

Oh no, Bush and America are more important than anyone else...they can do what they like :rolleyes:
Reply 65
Any regime has a monopoly on the use of power within it's borders. In Libya people have guns, so the government used guns against them.

Libyan government got it totally wrong, yes. But we have no right to intervene. Self-determination of the people! Where's Thomas Paine when you need him?!
Reply 66
Original post by Democracy
And nothing of value was lost...

Don't be so disrespectful. I don't know about his son, but his 3 grandchildren were certainly innocent and had no involvement with Gadaffi's forces. These deaths were very unfortunate and they should be respected. Of course things of value were lost, any innocent human's life has great value.
Reply 67
Original post by Aj12
Gonna offer an argument? Or just be a ****?

You didn't have an argument to respond to! Prat.
Reply 68
No time for Churchill here I'm afraid.

Don't be silly. There's always time for Churchill.
Reply 69
Original post by Inzamam99
Using the chaos created by the invasion... and the US was definitely a coupla decades late in stopping Saddam's genocide.

Which begs the question better late than never? How would Iraq look now had Saddam had another 10 years to continue his buchery? How would he react to the Arab spring?
Reply 70
Original post by Aj12
When a regime starts bombing its people with jets uses cluster bombs and shoots innocent demonstrators by the hundred it looses all legitimacy

Any regime has a monopoly on the use of power within it's borders. In Libya people have guns, so the government used guns against them.

Libyan government got it totally wrong, yes. But we have no right to intervene. Self-determination of the people! Where's Thomas Paine when you need him?!
Reply 71
You didn't have an argument to respond to! Prat.

Read The Spiders of Allah gives some good insight to what it is like in post war Iraq
Reply 72
Original post by mirin?
Don't be silly. There's always time for Churchill.

LOL :smile:.
Reply 73
Original post by tehFrance
So the DNA testing was for what... the lulz? and does the fact that in the trial he acted too much like the leader to not be him? did he not verify himself?

Where did they get the original DNA sample from and how do you know it was genuine?
Reply 74

Its hard to have self determination when the people have to contend with planes dropping bombs snipers african mercs and other heavy weapons
Reply 75
This can't end well. How would you react if someone killed your son and three of your grandsons?
Original post by Aj12
Which begs the question better late than never? How would Iraq look now had Saddam had another 10 years to continue his buchery? How would he react to the Arab spring?

Look past the Kurdish North and I think you will find that Iraq had it quite good as a secular, low inflation, oil rich country that had the possibility of doing great things but Saddam made some bad decisions (Kurds and Iran) which brought sanctions which did not help the country.

One could possibly say that Iraq was better before the US-led invasion and sanctions... baring Iran and the Kurds.
Reply 77
Original post by Aj12
Its hard to have self determination when the people have to contend with planes dropping bombs snipers african mercs and other heavy weapons

Even harder when foreign vested interests are at play.
Reply 78
I think the reason they didn't end up burying the house is to avoid civilian casualties, but they seemed to have failed.

It's only common sense to use ground troops (snipers or special forces) for assassinations where there could otherwise be civilian casualties. but i guess they won't use ground troops.
Reply 79
Original post by tehFrance
Look past the Kurdish North and I think you will find that Iraq had it quite good as a secular, low inflation, oil rich country that had the possibility of doing great things but Saddam made some bad decisions (Kurds and Iran) which brought sanctions which did not help the country.

One could possibly say that Iraq was better before the US-led invasion and sanctions... baring Iran and the Kurds.

Unless you ask the million or so who died.

Maybe so but the same argument can be made for Nazi Germany. Its fine long as your German white and Christian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending