The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Alexandra square!

the fences have gone! been replaced with some red tape for now but its pretty much done. looks pretty good for any of you who havnt seen it. think there were just cleaning up when i walked past. at long last i dont have to push my way to a lecture!

Scroll to see replies

Tbh I don't see a big difference. :p: I just noticed the red paint and a couple of benches near the stairs to the underpass.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by RabbitCFH
Tbh I don't see a big difference. :p: I just noticed the red paint and a couple of benches near the stairs to the underpass.

haha. i just think it generally looks nicer.. brand spanking new sorta thing.
Whoop! Lol, shall look forward to seeing it when I come back over the weekend. Quite sad how excited we're all getting over being able to walk from one side to the other isn't it? :P
Typical that they make progress just as I come home. The last few days I was on campus were a complete pain with the square, as they blocked the entire thing at times.

Will see it when I head back next week. :smile:
Reply 5
exciting stuff! there were even people sat on the steps that were available. the square is back! hehe.
Reply 6
Ohh well, that's something to look forward to. I just hope that these slabs don't crack as quickly as some of the early ones they put in did...
Is the underpass ready aswell do we know? Moving the Bus station to the chaplancy centre is a right pain!!
Original post by Lancastermike
Is the underpass ready aswell do we know? Moving the Bus station to the chaplancy centre is a right pain!!

Nope, it's still closed.
Reply 9
The stairs down to the underpass have big boxes above them as if something is going to be put in later. I'm wondering if they'll put TV's with info on them in there, or something with information about bus times...that would be cool.
Reply 10
Original post by gtmad
The stairs down to the underpass have big boxes above them as if something is going to be put in later. I'm wondering if they'll put TV's with info on them in there, or something with information about bus times...that would be cool.

thats cool. ill have a look at that sometime. never in my life been down those steps. ill remember to check it out. something like that would be pretty good. if they had something like at train stations. showing what buses are due in next and at what time.
Original post by J1mjam
thats cool. ill have a look at that sometime. never in my life been down those steps. ill remember to check it out. something like that would be pretty good. if they had something like at train stations. showing what buses are due in next and at what time.

Aww, I didn't realise you hadn't had the square/underpass open whilst you've been here. They have been working on it such a long time!

I didn't mind the stop being at the library - it didn't make much difference - but it is nice to be in the underpass if the weather is bad.

I just want to see it finished before I leave - to see what all the time and money was spent for. :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by affinity89
Aww, I didn't realise you hadn't had the square/underpass open whilst you've been here. They have been working on it such a long time!

I didn't mind the stop being at the library - it didn't make much difference - but it is nice to be in the underpass if the weather is bad.

I just want to see it finished before I leave - to see what all the time and money was spent for. :smile:

i saw it at an open day, this time last year. and wondered where the hell those stairs went. me and my mates thought it was scary and we dared one of them to go down.(so childish :P) haha
Reply 13
Saw the new square for the first time tonight. Didn't get a chance to take it in properly as was trying to head to county bar afap.
Reply 14
Some of it looks rushed. However it did need to be done for summer, where else you going to sit in the sun between lectures?

Does anyone know if the green/blue glass pane bits light up at night?
Original post by Stefan1991

Does anyone know if the green/blue glass pane bits light up at night?

I didn't notice them when heading for the bus at night but they might not be because it's the holidays/maybe they're not quite finished yet.
It looks nice. I was sat out there this morning. But, I am not convinced it was worth all the hassle of having the square closed for nearly 12 months. Oh well. :smile:
Reply 17
It makes me feel Agraphobic now :tongue:
i must admit it does look a lot nicer. theres a few bits that still arent 100% done

when the underpass is done it will be great!
Anyone feel like taking a picture so i can see? Want to know what it looks like after all that time boarded up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending