The Student Room Group

Obama has secured re-election

"I'm the guy who got Osama bin Laden."

Being somewhat anecdotal there, but I do believe it to be at least partially true. I think he just significantly upped his chances of being reelected in 2012.

I'm ok with that. With the exception of Ron Paul, all the GOP hopefuls so far are clueless dip****s.

Bachmann, Palin, Trump, and Huckabee. Seriously? That's the best you can do? Together they have the brain power of a turd.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It does make sense. Obama will do everything and anything he can to take as much credit for this as possible.

I do agree with you though, the GOP could have coughed up something better than that. Love Ron Paul though, a true libertarian indeed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm not so sure. The elections are in 15 months time and a lot can change in that time. There's still a significant build up of opposition against him.
Reply 3
Hopefully he will be re-elected. It'll be nice to have another 4 years with a president who won't destroy the earth or attempt to keep it in the social stone age.
Reply 4
Yeah I get the feeling that there was a lot of insinuated propaganda in his speeches about Osama Bin Laden and I guess he does deserve it. It may have an impact on the elections but I don't think its gonna cause a landslide in popularity.
I don't think Obama is the type to make a big issue of this.

But I think he will be re-elected anyway due to the weakness of Republican candidates.

One thing which has always confused me about US politics is how, despite the vast array of superbly intelligent academic/economic commentators on the right wing of the US political spectrum, the Republican party seems to throw out caricatures of the most odd types of 'whacky right wingers' in US society.
Hillary Clinton should be made president...
Original post by MagicNMedicine

But I think he will be re-elected anyway due to the weakness of Republican candidates.

One thing which has always confused me about US politics is how, despite the vast array of superbly intelligent academic/economic commentators on the right wing of the US political spectrum, the Republican party seems to throw out caricatures of the most odd types of 'whacky right wingers' in US society.

Because the wacky types appeal to the wacky republican voters who buy the crap they spew and follow them religiously.
Reply 8
It was secured anyway, I mean as much as there is oposition towards him in the states, the republicans haven't put up a good enough candidate to stand against him and win.
Reply 9
Original post by thunder_chunky

I'm ok with that. With the exception of Ron Paul, all the GOP hopefuls so far are clueless dip****s.

Ron Paul wants to abolish income tax and the UN; how is he not a clueless dip****?
True lol.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Because the wacky types appeal to the wacky republican voters who buy the crap they spew and follow them religiously.

But the don't appeal to mainstream America...which is why Obama is in the Whitehouse
Obama caught Osama...brilliant campaign slogan.
Potentially, but not definitely. Depends what happens in the next year, in particular whether there's a big backlash by Al Qaeda.
It'll be useful rhetoric for Obama to wheel out ("I got Bin Laden"), but he'll be much more heavily judged on whether he can get the economy moving again. Do that and the GOP may as well not bother.
Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN
Obama caught Osama...brilliant campaign slogan.

Just as long as they don't make typos. Osama got Obama would be less well received :teehee:
Reply 15
Further adds to the conspiracy, he needed re-election, find that guy we're all searching high and low for.

Happens before every makor election in the US and UK, nothing major happened in the UK last year because Brown failed to man up. Cameron got elected.
i have to admit i was looking through all the titles and read the title of this thread as "Osama has secured re-election"...... i was worried :/
Reply 17

I second that. Politicians generally modest. They brag about doing things themselves. The public - the electorate - know that thousands of people were involved in the operation.
Reply 18
'getting bin laden' took the attention of all the birth certificate stuff though.

Obama is probably the best in the bunch. Please don't let Palin in!!!!!
But the don't appeal to mainstream America...which is why Obama is in the Whitehouse

Yes I know, but that's not the point. You asked why the Republicans endorse the wacky ones, and I say it's because of their wacky supporters. And actually because of the wacky supporters, groups like the tea party movement gain momentum and people believe anything they say. And also because of those wacko's, people vote for Republicans regardless of policies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending