The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology Unit 5 (6BIO5) - 22/06/2011- OFFICIAL THREAD !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abuelzouz
by the way what is foxo?

i think it's responsible for the expression of atrogenes
Original post by abuelzouz
by the way what is foxo?

It is a transcription factor, that turn on genes for muscle atrophy

I think
Reply 2782
Goodluck everyone !! :smile:
Anyone know to what extent are we allowed to discuss the exam?
Please refrain from discussing the paper at all until midnight (UK time)

The moderators will stab you in the face repeatedly...or give you 10 warning points :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
I think I'll explode from impatience before we get to midnight
Ohhhhhh I see, is that the same for all exams?
Original post by Student-Distressed
Ohhhhhh I see, is that the same for all exams?

No, think only for Edexcel and some other boards that are international boards (not incl. AQA btw - so AQA exams can be discussed straight away)
Exam locked - No exam discussion at all - see red announcement at the top of the page. This thread will open again at midnight.
How did you guys find the exam?

Some of the questions were quite tricky and i think i waffled instead of being cocise, is where i will lose alot of marks :frown:

How did you draw the structure of the shoot? i drew it away from the light as B and A is swapped on shoot.

The Calcium slow twitch fast twitch confused me.

Guys please discuss questions and answers.

I thought the synoptic Q7 was quite easy however. The last question of the where you have to draw a genetic diagram, is the genotype reccessive, the mother and father carriers and child is a sufferer?
I found the twitch fibres questions hard! the calcium ions ones...but overall it was okay, I guess
Struggled with the first question. I thought I waffled a lot and THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!
I think I waffled in some questions! :P I was keep on doubting my answers and didn't know if they were right or not, I mean the questions were okay, but I was still quite unsure about my answers :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Come on though - there was totally not enough time! I got so confused looking at the first question, that I left it out and came back to it at the end. That was how puzzling the exam was.
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
I found the twitch fibres questions hard! the calcium ions ones...but overall it was okay, I guess

same just waffle!

what did you guys name the c structure on that motor neuron? It was the meylin sheath right? and the centre was the axon?

Also the one that asked why heart rate increases oxygen uptake by the blood?

And the one on troponin and slow twitch fibres?
Original post by tophothari
How did you guys find the exam?

Some of the questions were quite tricky and i think i waffled instead of being cocise, is where i will lose alot of marks :frown:

How did you draw the structure of the shoot? i drew it away from the light as B and A is swapped on shoot.

The Calcium slow twitch fast twitch confused me.

Guys please discuss questions and answers.

I thought the synoptic Q7 was quite easy however. The last question of the where you have to draw a genetic diagram, is the genotype reccessive, the mother and father carriers and child is a sufferer?

Yeah structure of the shoot was sly, the calcium ion was alright.. just put that because fast twitch muscle fibres are used to respiring anaerobically, resulting in lactate build up, they are adapted to working in acidic conditions and so were not as sensitive to ph change.

the genetic one was crappppp i drew Gg Gg for the parents so offspring would be GG Gg Gg gg with gg being the kid, but it didnt say the dad carried the gene so I dont know if that was right.

I also messed up the easiest of ALL questions, about the neurones.. I thought you had to put a cross for every letter ABCD even though there wasnt an option for relay neurone, so I put B and C as motor neurones :frown: GAH!
First question was quite straight forward i think. 1) a) C is the myolin sheath, i think D was the nucleus etc.
Reply 2797
i think it was a great exam! so much easier than expected. but i did make careless mistakes, on the first question i didnt notice that the light was unilateral so i just drew a straight shoot :P but the twitch fibres were quite easy
Original post by ufochaffeuress
Come on though - there was totally not enough time! I got so confused looking at the first question, that I left it out and came back to it at the end. That was how puzzling the exam was.

totally agree with you! I had twenty minutes to do question seven, which was alright as it was very straight forward. But had left the four mark question on animal hormones and plants and didnt have time to go back to it in the end :s-smilie:
Yeh the label 'C' was definately the myelin sheath - I talked about insulation, saltatory conduction etc....

I thought the very very very last quesiton was nasty!

Overall, mixed feelings...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending