The Student Room Group

universities that are easy to get into?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kerily
I was skeptical of this, and then I clicked the link and found out that you can get onto their physics degrees with CD in maths and physics, and then I was like :eek2:

BCC at A Level and they may consider you for direct entry to second year! If I get AAA, I think it means I already have a degree from UWS?
Original post by vandub
BCC at A Level and they may consider you for direct entry to second year! If I get AAA, I think it means I already have a degree from UWS?

The Scottish education system works a bit different to ours.

They have four year courses, we have three year courses. Entry to the second year is basically just saying you're a good enough candidate to skip the first year which is equivalent to a foundation year anyways.

At least, that's how I interpret it...
Original post by ultimate mashup
lol, you mean Anglia Ruskin College, Cambridge right?

Shhh man! I always include a daft university into these lists, because the threads are usually ridiculous as it is.
Original post by ilickbatteries
The Scottish education system works a bit different to ours.

They have four year courses, we have three year courses. Entry to the second year is basically just saying you're a good enough candidate to skip the first year which is equivalent to a foundation year anyways.

At least, that's how I interpret it...

Ah, fair enough. I just thought it was realllly saying something about the quality of that degree, but I've seen it is actually accredited by the Institute of Physics so the content can't be awful.
(edited 12 years ago)
I thought universities are meant to be hard to get into, whats the point going if its easy :s-smilie:
Original post by tonberry
I was hoping the increased fees scheme would keep all the spas-tics like you away from uni... you're the reason the budget is drained

I would partially agree with your view, though, these people are not *******s. They're simply not cut out for academia and most likely should steer towards a more vocational route or work based learning like an apprenticeship.

The problem the government has is to allow people who have barely passed to go to university or to allow those without any intention of actually doing work.

I have experience of a sub-par university, one of those mentioned in this thread. My experience of students at the university was that everybody just wanted to get the "magic 40" (a pass) as it is known as. They all had a negative attitude to study and should never have set foot inside such an institution. My belief is that the government should impose a strict interview requirement on almost all entries into university to try to reduce student numbers in a more acceptable way. This will attempt to single out those who have gone to university to party, and those who are clearly not academically smart enough to study at university.

We all have strengths and weaknesses, and we should work with those and enhance them. A vocational learner is not stupid, they're usually more practically smart like working with their hands.
Easy is kind of course dependent, because Westminster do easy offers for courses like acupuncture and homeopathy (or at least, they DID until they had to close that course), but they want AAB for architecture (even though the website still said BBB) and flatly rejected me :frown:

Whilst one of my friends has an EE offer for Classics at KCL, this is because he did Ancient Greek and Latin A Levels; demonstrating his ability to find a school that would let him take both subjects. More generally, the "University Colleges" - not UCL or the Oxford college, but places like Falmouth and Leeds Trinity which have degree awarding powers but are not actual universities, are likely to have low offers (obvious exemption is the New College of the Humanities). Many of them are, along with Liverpool Hope, former teacher training colleges.

St Mary's Twickenham has the course entry requirements in colour coded bands, although despite being points based, the hardest offers still must include 2 B grades, which other courses with higher points based offers may not require. (One could get ACCe and therefore get into a 300 points offer elsewhere but not a 260 points including BB offer for St Mary's)
Reply 67
IMO, the easiest universities to get into are

London Metropolitan University
Swansea Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University
The University of Cambridge
UCP Marjon
Chester University

University of Cambridge??? really? :O
Reply 68
Original post by U.S Lecce
UWS (university of the west of scotland), literally the entry requirements are: can you spell your own name?

LINK: http://www.uws.ac.uk/

I think you need to look up the meaning of the word 'literally.'
Reply 69
Middlesex, Roehampton, Thames Valley, Southbank, Oxford Brookes.
Most of them.

Or, as most people will do: *insert arbitrary list*
Original post by paddy__power
Most of them.

Or, as most people will do: *insert arbitrary list*

This. 'Ease' is relative.

For someone with A*A*A*, most universities will be easy to get into.

For someone with DDD, most universities will be hard to get into.
Reply 72
Plymouth Uni
Reply 73
Original post by sophiekatina
Liverpool Hope, London South Bank, University of West London, University of East London, London Met, University of West Scotland, University of Derby, Southampton Solent, Buckinghamshire New University, Leeds Met, University of Northampton, University of Bedfordshire & Bolton University.

This! Oh my word this.

Also University of Cumbria for all courses that arent teaching, nursing or occupational therapy.
just revise hard n stuff n you should get in. simples if not then keep trying no point starting something not to see it through
This. 'Ease' is relative.

For someone with A*A*A*, most universities will be easy to get into.

For someone with DDD, most universities will be hard to get into.

Obviously. Hence why the thread is stupid.
Reply 76
It's not that hard. Since school I've always crammed for my exams and as a result, im not that bad off, im currently starting 3rd year law school at Exeter university which is ranked 10th.
Here's the University league table.

http://www.grb.uk.com/university-league-table.0.html
Reply 78
Original post by Graduate Recruitment Bureau
Here's the University league table.

http://www.grb.uk.com/university-league-table.0.html

Manchester is much lower than I though it was! Maybe I shouldn't have turned down Durham lol
Haha:
A-Level

DD, including Mathematics or Physics. Applicants with three relevant A Level passes may be considered for Year 2 entry.

http://www.uws.ac.uk/courses/ug-courseinfo.asp?courseid=516

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending