The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by kenpachi88
you sure you didn't get rejected? you sound like a sour wine grape.

Nope LSE don't even do Classics
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I've received my welcome pack but it's a load of generic stuff about finance/accomodation/UCAS etc. Are we going to receive any reading lists or do we have to contact the departments involved for that?
Original post by therealOG
I've received my welcome pack but it's a load of generic stuff about finance/accomodation/UCAS etc. Are we going to receive any reading lists or do we have to contact the departments involved for that?

when i rang the laws department a couple of weeks ago they told me they would send summer reading lists along with the welcome pack... seems like that's not true then. or it's just true for some departments?
they also said they would send the welcome package by the end of june whereas i still haven't received it... UCL do seem a bit unorganized if i may say that... :frown:
got my results today!!! i met and exceeded my offer so... UCL here I come!!!
Ah man, gotta wait for my results :/

Got a funky little booklet a few days ago, which duly got wet at Alton Towers :P
Reply 405
Anyone got their accommodation letters yet? I applied in April and haven't got anything yet. I emailed them 3 weeks ago only for a reply with random bits of information :s-smilie:
Original post by um120
Anyone got their accommodation letters yet? I applied in April and haven't got anything yet. I emailed them 3 weeks ago only for a reply with random bits of information :s-smilie:

What do you mean by accommodation letters? We get our offers of accommodation after we get our results in August.
Reply 407
Original post by um120

I haven't received a receipt either, so I called the office and they said to me that it arrived. This university is completely disorganised, it could have spared my nerves if they sent out at least an email confirming the arrival of the form.
Original post by Ivanka
I haven't received a receipt either, so I called the office and they said to me that it arrived. This university is completely disorganised, it could have spared my nerves if they sent out at least an email confirming the arrival of the form.

When you say "receipt" do you mean a confirmation that they have received your accommodation application form?

I agree that UCL has been very disorganised with the whole application process (don't get me started on my experience lol), but I've heard that UCL had reorganised its admin systems and procedures this year leading to some "teething problems".
Reply 409
When you say "receipt" do you mean a confirmation that they have received your accommodation application form?

I agree that UCL has been very disorganised with the whole application process (don't get me started on my experience lol), but I've heard that UCL had reorganised its admin systems and procedures this year leading to some "teething problems".

Yep, I mean the confirmation. Sounds like there are more of us... :s-smilie:
Original post by Ivanka
Yep, I mean the confirmation. Sounds like there are more of us... :s-smilie:

I had to call the office too :biggrin: They did manage to send me the welcome pack thingy on time though...
Reply 411
Yes, i meant the confirmation :P A university which claims to be a top institution shouldn't be like this. Out of all the unis I have been in contact with, this has been my worst experience. Im gonna call and yell at them today :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 412
I sent my french bac results to UCL as I had a conditional offer. how do we know if we got accepted ? on UCAS or by e-mail ?
Reply 413
Original post by karchips
I sent my french bac results to UCL as I had a conditional offer. how do we know if we got accepted ? on UCAS or by e-mail ?

I'd also love to know when they update Track... I made my offer for York, but they haven't updated anything either. But since I have missed my offer, I'll learn in August anyway.
Reply 414
I had to call the office too :biggrin: They did manage to send me the welcome pack thingy on time though...

What welcome pack? :nothing:
Original post by bzzz
What welcome pack? :nothing:

1) A booklet entitled "Joining UCL 2011/12". This is basically a generic information guide that covers student finance, accommodation, dates etc - you can find this information easily on the UCL website and it's not specific to your course or anything like that

2) A "Verification of Qualifications" notice. Do you have a conditional offer which depends on A-levels, Scottish Highers/Adv Highers, IB, Irish highers, Cambridge Pre-U, Singapore-Cambridge or Honk Kong A-levels? If the answer is yes, no further action is required as UCL is automatically notified of these results.

3) A personalised letter that confirms your course details and your personal details

So nothing that special really. Btw, did anyone receive anything else? If you haven't received anything yet I suggest you ring them up (email takes ages for a response), but I don't think you're missing anything serious. Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 416
1) A booklet entitled "Joining UCL 2011/12". This is basically a generic information guide that covers student finance, accommodation, dates etc - you can find this information easily on the UCL website and it's not specific to your course or anything like that

2) A "Verification of Qualifications" notice. Do you have a conditional offer which depends on A-levels, Scottish Highers/Adv Highers, IB, Irish highers, Cambridge Pre-U, Singapore-Cambridge or Honk Kong A-levels? If the answer is yes, no further action is required as UCL is automatically notified of these results.

3) A personalised letter that confirms your course details and your personal details

So nothing that special really. Btw, did anyone receive anything else? If you haven't received anything yet I suggest you ring them up (email takes ages for a response), but I don't think you're missing anything serious. Hope that helped :smile:

Ah, I actually did get that, thanks :biggrin:
Original post by bzzz
Ah, I actually did get that, thanks :biggrin:

:angry:

:colondollar:
Reply 418
I only got the booklet :|
Reply 419
me too , that UCL Offer one :frown:
i ll send tomorrow my exam result :smile: and hope to see my ucas status changed soon :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending