The Student Room Group

Missing offer conditions but pretty good LNAT?

Got 35 for my LNAT, wondering if I miss my conditional contextual offer of AAB at KCL that there's chance I may still get in? This is probably a really rare situation ... just wondering if this has happened before.
Original post by efijier
Got 35 for my LNAT, wondering if I miss my conditional contextual offer of AAB at KCL that there's chance I may still get in? This is probably a really rare situation ... just wondering if this has happened before.

Depends, Say you get ABB or somewhat equivalent like AAC instead of AAB, KCL may categorise you as a 'near miss' applicant so they may still consider you for entry. It depends on the university. Or you'd go to your insurance unless you choose to decline your insurance's offer and go through clearing or take a gap year to resit and reapply.

It really depends. Let me annoy the reps, @KCL London (I think this is it)
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
Depends, Say you get ABB or somewhat equivalent like AAC instead of AAB, KCL may categorise you as a 'near miss' applicant so they may still consider you for entry. It depends on the university. Or you'd go to your insurance unless you choose to decline your insurance's offer and go through clearing or take a gap year to resit and reapply.

It really depends. Let me annoy the reps, @KCL London (I think this is it)

Thanks. I'd wish for this to be the case, but my hopes are extremely low since it's Law at KCL
Original post by efijier
Thanks. I'd wish for this to be the case, but my hopes are extremely low since it's Law at KCL

It’s almost standard for near miss applicants to still be considered but you still have your insurance. The only thing I’m concerned about is that KCL admissions is known for taking the mick.
Reply 4
i’m in a similar situation!! UCL is my firm and KCL is my insurance so they have the same conditions A*AA :,) I got my results and it’s AAA, my LNAT is also 35. though I don’t think I can be much help in answering your question since UCL has told me i should wait for UK A Level results day for their decision and I haven’t got a reply from KCL, I’ve let both schools know of my situation and am now just hoping for the best as UCL did say they will consider my case since it’s a near miss :smile:
Original post by lovays
i’m in a similar situation!! UCL is my firm and KCL is my insurance so they have the same conditions A*AA :,) I got my results and it’s AAA, my LNAT is also 35. though I don’t think I can be much help in answering your question since UCL has told me i should wait for UK A Level results day for their decision and I haven’t got a reply from KCL, I’ve let both schools know of my situation and am now just hoping for the best as UCL did say they will consider my case since it’s a near miss :smile:

Hey, I posted this, but just on a different account. I managed to meet my offer and get in. Did it work out for you?
Reply 6
Original post by cheinsow
Hey, I posted this, but just on a different account. I managed to meet my offer and get in. Did it work out for you?

yea it did thank god!!! both schools accepted me so I’ll be going to ucl since it’s my firm <3
Original post by lovays
yea it did thank god!!! both schools accepted me so I’ll be going to ucl since it’s my firm <3

Congrats! Glad it turned out well for you
Wow congrats to both of you. 35 on the LNAT must be genius level, I couldn't fathom scoring that high.
Reply 9
Original post by cheinsow
Congrats! Glad it turned out well for you

thank you!! Congrats on your results as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending