The Student Room Group

Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Ketchup on "Chips and Beans"
You have the sauce from the beans! WHY DO YOU NEED MORE!?
Original post by TotoMimo
My ex used to buy/ask me to get her the likes of big proper cornish pasties from this wee shop in town, but she would infuriatingly always split it open and tip all of the meat and filling out before just eating the thick pastry/gravy innards. When I told her she was chucking out the best bit, it would cause her to moan that the meat was disgusting. When I contested that she should just buy ready-to-cook pastry and eat a hunk of that, she said "it's not the same".

This was also the case when I'd get a pie (Scotch mutton pie) from a van, and she'd look at me all puppydog eyed.

"You don't like these." I'd say, but she would say "but I like the pastry". I would then sigh, angered at her mutton-chuckery, as I bought her one and watched as she tips out the mutton and eats the pastry casing.

CRIME.

Did you dump her for doing that?

:tongue:
Reply 602
Original post by tehforum
Did you dump her for doing that?

:tongue:

No, I used all of my strength to endure that. If I was a lesser man I'd be like, "YOU DON'T LIKE PIES!! YOU LIKE PASTRY GOD DAMN IT!" but I am a gentleman, so I simply made sarcastic, snide remarks instead.

No, I used all of my strength to endure that. If I was a lesser man I'd be like, "YOU DON'T LIKE PIES!! YOU LIKE PASTRY GOD DAMN IT!" but I am a gentleman, so I simply made sarcastic, snide remarks instead.

Surely she could have given the filling to you, therefore increasing the amount of meaty goodness you could consume?
Reply 604

i only like the pastry its the best bit! same with any pies or tarts :mmm: but i'm not as bad because i would actually just buy the pastry as i know i don't like them and my mums a firm believer in not wasting food - so it probably wouldn't wash too well :biggrin:
Reply 605
You would THINK that I'd have received more of the discarded meat part, but no - she'd bin it before even asking!! GRR!

And although I am not a massive lover of cheese, she would also pick the pepperoni off a meat feast pizza and bin it too - CAN YOU NOT ASK ME IF I WANT IT FIRST? I want to make my slices TURBOPEPPERONI'D!
Reply 606
A food crime witnessed at my cousin's birthday party today - Mum had a delicious piece of birthday cake. And pulled off, then discarded, all the white icing. She then later proceeded to have a bit of the chocolate traybake and picked off all the dolly mixtures, and discard them too!

AARGH!
A food crime witnessed at my cousin's birthday party today - Mum had a delicious piece of birthday cake. And pulled off, then discarded, all the white icing. She then later proceeded to have a bit of the chocolate traybake and picked off all the dolly mixtures, and discard them too!

AARGH!

Removing the icing isn't too bad, it's way too sweet
I hate thick icing on cakes, hate it. But there's always someone there more than willing to take it off my hands at birthday parties, so s'all good. Everyone is a winner :biggrin:
My boyfriend always has fish fingers but takes the bread crumbs off and just has the fish. I'm like "wouldn't it be easier to just buy a fish fillet?"

He also takes the icing off cakes but since i hate cakes and love icing it's a good match ;-)
Reply 610
Food Crime witnessed this evening:

Little cousin sobbed and sobbed to my aunt for a Kinder Egg. She caved and spent 69 friggin' pence for a Kinder Egg. Split the egg open, threw the chocolate off into the roadside, and opened his toy.

Little wasteful brat!
Butter.
Reply 612
'Stuffing' any nice bit of meat.

I was watching that Philadelphia advert, and I'm thinking, 'ooh, that chicken looks nice, got some herb dressing going on...'

And then the chef bloke proceeds to violate that chicken by pumping cream cheese into its backside. The thought of cutting into any meat - stuffing beef seems to be a popular one too - and finding cheese oozing out of it just makes me feel sick.

Evil bastards.
An old scout leader of mine used to put sugar on Frosties. One day she'll realise...
Reply 614
People who don't like any form of vegetable they just seem like 3 year olds to me and people who say they don't like something when they've never tried it...

Oh and over-seasoning things putting so much salt/pepper on it that all you can taste is salt/pepper
Reply 615
I went round to my Gran's house earlier and saw my Papa (Grandpa) having his lunch... some anaemic, seemingly boiled chicken, with potatoes and cabbage. Only, he was eating the skin.

The slimy, rubbery, chewy chicken skin.

BLU U URERGH.
Reply 616
Bleurgh!! I had chicken drumsticks earlier and had to remove the skin, it's... just wrong unless it's completely crispy!!
I went round to my Gran's house earlier and saw my Papa (Grandpa) having his lunch... some anaemic, seemingly boiled chicken, with potatoes and cabbage. Only, he was eating the skin.

The slimy, rubbery, chewy chicken skin.

BLU U URERGH.

Can't bear chicken skin...But the way the canteen at uni cooks chicken means that all the flavouring is in the skin and not in the meat itself :mad: When I cook chicken at home, I strip the skin off and fry it up for the dog, then add the flavourings to the actual chicken meat for human consumption and enjoyment :biggrin:
Original post by sazzw
People who don't like any form of vegetable they just seem like 3 year olds to me and people who say they don't like something when they've never tried it...

Oh and over-seasoning things putting so much salt/pepper on it that all you can taste is salt/pepper

I don't like any form of raw vegetable (so any salad) because I am not a rabbit.

Cooked vegetables, though :drool:
Reply 619
URGH. Food Crime, we went to TGI Fridays and all I wanted was something not:

A) Coated in melted cheese

or

B) Coated in bloody JACK DANIELS BATTER.

Why does EVERYTHING ON THE MENU require to have at least one?! ARGH. Chicken sandwich? CHEESE. Chicken Goujons? JD BATTER. Fish? JD BATTER.

Quick Reply

Latest