The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9060
Original post by mug51
im in sharesave, started in the 2010 sign up so still got 2 and a bit years to go.
The way i see it, is that you will get at least what you put in it (if you don't take count inflation) as you can pull out any time, take your money as it is at maturity if share price is less than the discounted price at the start of the plan or buy shares then sell if the surrent days share price is higher where you will make a gain.

the discounted share price in my case is £2.97 so no gain there for me at todays current price. shares are definately on a downtrend, it's just not Sainsbury's, others like Tesco are the same

After the maturity date, do you know how long you can hold your shares for? For example, if you brought the discounted share price at £2.97, and at maturity, the share price was e.g 2.97, can you hold on for e.g 6 months, until share price increases to e.g £3.50? It seems like the discounted share prices is increasing, and share prices are decreasing.
Reply 9061
There are a LOT of CTS courses!
Reply 9062
I have my induction day tomorrow, any tips? I'm really quite nervous >.< :L
Reply 9063
Original post by wren94

Turn up on time... all you do is sit around watching videos and filling in forms.
Original post by wren94

Nothing to be nervous about, just be prepared to listen to lots of information. Get your writing hand ready to sign your name countless times.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9065
Original post by GuyUK
After the maturity date, do you know how long you can hold your shares for? For example, if you brought the discounted share price at £2.97, and at maturity, the share price was e.g 2.97, can you hold on for e.g 6 months, until share price increases to e.g £3.50? It seems like the discounted share prices is increasing, and share prices are decreasing.

if you decide to buy the shares then you can hold them as long or as short as you want, so you can but at the discounted price and sell immediately if you wish.

the discounted price is fixed to the price set for the year you signed up in, so it doesn't go up, so you get to buy shares at £2.24. still a gain to be made if the price stayed the same as it is now at maturity.
Reply 9066
Original post by FXX
Turn up on time... all you do is sit around watching videos and filling in forms.

XANGELINAX
Nothing to be nervous about, just be prepared to listen to lots of information. Get your writing hand ready to sign your name countless times.

Thank you :L that doesn't sound too bad. Is it really going to last from 8-5!? :L
Reply 9067
Original post by wren94

It might be helpful to take some caffeine tablets or drink lots of red bull before hand or you will fall asleep.
no word of a lie... i actually did fall asleep! lucky i was facing the dvd... or that would of been a very awkward moment :O
Reply 9069
Original post by confused1993
no word of a lie... i actually did fall asleep! lucky i was facing the dvd... or that would of been a very awkward moment :O

Ditto. My supervisor had to cough several times to wake me up. Mind you though I was hungover and had a massive headache.
My eyes just wanted to glue together at my induction, it was unbelievable how bored i was.
Reply 9071
I would rather they gave us a massive book to take home and read instead of watching those stupid videos and filling in that ****ty handbook. Could it be more tedious?
Original post by WDooley1
There are a LOT of CTS courses!

Yeah, there are alot of CTS/Team Leader courses to attend. Actually there are alot more on the Team Leader roadmap than the Department manager one. It seems to me that once youve done all the Team Leader training, youve done the worse of it. All I can say is enjoy managing dept/store food safety!
Reply 9073
Original post by mkb230
I would rather they gave us a massive book to take home and read instead of watching those stupid videos and filling in that ****ty handbook. Could it be more tedious?

Original post by xangelinax
My eyes just wanted to glue together at my induction, it was unbelievable how bored i was.

Original post by confused1993

I totally see what you mean, good lord. Only thing keeping us going was the fact we were getting paid for it :L
Reply 9074
Original post by wren94
I totally see what you mean, good lord. Only thing keeping us going was the fact we were getting paid for it :L

Well at least someone is being paid for it. I had my induction 5 months ago and they still haven't paid me. My clock in number changed straight after my induction days so I am being told that that could be the reason. I am handing in my resignation this month given that I get the results I need to go to university. Oh and also the HR people are pretty useless.
Reply 9075
Original post by mkb230
Well at least someone is being paid for it. I had my induction 5 months ago and they still haven't paid me. My clock in number changed straight after my induction days so I am being told that that could be the reason. I am handing in my resignation this month given that I get the results I need to go to university. Oh and also the HR people are pretty useless.

Oh gees, knowing my luck this'll happen to me too. We clocked in an hour later, but we were told that wouldn't make a difference :/ I was the only one there who was actually given a full set of uniform... apparently the order didn't go through for the rest or something :s-smilie:

First shift today:eek:
The online recruitment site does not work. If you log in and do a job search no results are returned....anyone able to help ?
the recruitment team say they are unable to login to the site so they are unable to see what the problem is !
Original post by SirBaboon
The online recruitment site does not work. If you log in and do a job search no results are returned....anyone able to help ?

That normally means there are no jobs matching your search.
Reply 9079
I'm going to try and book the 25th - 27th off from work.

Whats the likely-hood i'll get that off?

Cheers in advance..

Latest

Trending

Trending