The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Well, my post has arrived and nothing in there from Cambridge... Tomorrow it is.
Good luck everyone!

See sig.

:colone:
Reply 2422
I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm really not feeling great right now... :frown:
Has anyone got a letter? I'm not at home and I will really not be a happy camper if theres a letter in my post today and I'm sitting in a friggin' library
Reply 2423
Original post by emma1701
I'm not gonna lie guys, I'm really not feeling great right now... :frown:
Has anyone got a letter? I'm not at home and I will really not be a happy camper if theres a letter in my post today and I'm sitting in a friggin' library

It's really really unlikely that you will have a letter so I wouldn't worry about that. Is there anything more fun you can do than sitting in a library to distract yourself?
Original post by dog24
Don't tell me this now!!!! This was my main aspiration in applying to Cambridge :'(

Sorry man... I feel your pain...
Original post by PeeWeeDan
Sorry man... I feel your pain...

My sister says going to Cambridge doesn't enhance her chances with the opposite sex either!:frown:
Reply 2426
well guys, I supppose this is it. I cannot spend the night on tsr, I just don't possess the mental stability atm :puke:
So good luck to everybody :crossedf: :biggrin:
think happy thoughts, and this time tomorrow we won't even know what we were so worried about! X
:grouphugs:
Original post by Got the tshirt
My sister says going to Cambridge doesn't enhance her chances with the opposite sex either!:frown:

It kinda has the exact opposite affect with girls.

What WHAT!? You're smart?! So um... I have to... wash my... fringe... err. Yeah.

Spoiler

I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just checked the grade boundaries - for OCR chemistry everyone thought that the grade boundaries will be lower seeing that the exam was really hard but guess what OCR done? They increased the boundaries to the highest ever!!!

I am 100% depressed at this very moment!!
It kinda has the exact opposite affect with girls.

What WHAT!? You're smart?! So um... I have to... wash my... fringe... err. Yeah.

Spoiler

You should try being a girl at John's...it's even worse...I actually had a guy say "oh, it could've been beautiful" and walk off when I told him I'm at John's.

Although I do know a few Johnian girls who've been in luck with guys at other colleges...DanDan wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would he? :tongue:
Original post by SoapyDish
You should try being a girl at John's...it's even worse...I actually had a guy say "oh, it could've been beautiful" and walk off when I told him I'm at John's.

Although I do know a few Johnian girls who've been in luck with guys at other colleges...DanDan wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would he? :tongue:

Oh Sopharoo, bad memories just don't bring it up! >_<

Also... how're you? :smile:
Reply 2431
If it helps at all... dropping the C-bomb doesn't help with women at all. I know if I was told that when I was at your stage a large amount of the attraction to Cambridge would be gone!

Well I guess that's okay for me, since I AM a girl 0: )

Actually in my case, I've actually thought the opposite applies to guys. :P
I'm not saying that it's a guy-magnet but they certainly havent been repulsed. :sexface:
Oh Sopharoo, bad memories just don't bring it up! >_<

Also... how're you? :smile:

My memories of that night aren't exactly great either... (Just to clarify to anyone reading this, me and DanDan did not do anything inappropriate together!)

I'm alright, feeling very old...This thread was me two years ago! I'm going to be a GRADUATE this time next year! :frown:
Reply 2433
I'm taking a train out from home coz I can't just sit at home clicking into the ucas track and refresh!
It's killing me and I'm sure I can't fall asleep tonight!
Original post by SoapyDish
My memories of that night aren't exactly great either... (Just to clarify to anyone reading this, me and DanDan did not do anything inappropriate together!)

I'm alright, feeling very old...This thread was me two years ago! I'm going to be a GRADUATE this time next year! :frown:

It's a definite cringe memory for me. Avoiding thinking about it thankfully! Oh god you're old. Oh god I think I'm the same age as you. Oh god I'm not a fresher anymore.

I need a pension.
Original post by Schoolio93
I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just checked the grade boundaries - for OCR chemistry everyone thought that the grade boundaries will be lower seeing that the exam was really hard but guess what OCR done? They increased the boundaries to the highest ever!!!

I am 100% depressed at this very moment!!

Don't get too depressed, 72 out of 100 gives you a 28 mark leeway, which is pretty significant, and is I think much more than the sum of the marks on the couple of big marker questions that were in that paper. It may not be as low as hoped for, but it's not bad! Mostly it's in retrospect that people feel worried about their exam performance, but it's always hard to judge accurately how well you've done, so relax and just wait and see. You could be pleasantly surprised and be really proud of yourself tomorrow.

For anyone who sat OCR Further Maths D1 this summer, the grade boundary for an a is 44/72, unsuprisingly. :tongue:
Original post by Amy Luo
can anyone find the grade boundary for AQA???

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BOUND-JUNE11.PDF :smile:

Where is everyone getting the OCR boundaries from?
Reply 2439
Guys... 12 hours left!! :eek:
Good luck everyone and hope tomorrow, we will all be the happiest people on earth! :redface:
For now.. pray pray pray!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending