The Student Room Group

London School of pharmacy 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ara33333
this is exactly what she emailed:

'We have not started the application procedure for accommodation yet information will be sent to you shortly, so you need to wait until then to apply.'

hmm well I didnt know that..I sent my application off this weekend..hmm i wonder if they'll send it back lol
Reply 61
Original post by Smile_10
hmm well I didnt know that..I sent my application off this weekend..hmm i wonder if they'll send it back lol

i think i will send mine off aswell, who did you address the envelope to and what address did you send it too??

what hall did u put as ur first choice??
Reply 62
Original post by ara33333
i think i will send mine off aswell, who did you address the envelope to and what address did you send it too??

what hall did u put as ur first choice??

I sent it to the school of pharmacy..I put down international hall as my first choice. are you from around london? :smile:
Did anybody who applied to LSoP take IB?
I'm an international student, who has 3 offers out of the 5 school I applied to. But I recently got offered a scholarship to pharmacy and none of those 3 offers include pharmacy. So Extra is likely the way to go.
I'm not sure whether I'll be accepted to LSoP if I apply now. I emailed them and they said they'll take my application into serious considering because of my results.
I'm thinking of putting international hall as my first choice and the others in a random order. Thing is it's really hard to get a place in halls but fingers crossed I get it. I live out of London so maybe..i don't mind as long as I get a place somewhere lol! But yeah college looks nicer ah well :smile:

I phoned up LSOP to ask about accomodation, apparently, if your from the Home Counties, its really unlikely we'll get a place at intercollegiate halls, so have you looked at applying anywhere else for accomodation?
Reply 65
Original post by Rainbow249
I phoned up LSOP to ask about accomodation, apparently, if your from the Home Counties, its really unlikely we'll get a place at intercollegiate halls, so have you looked at applying anywhere else for accomodation?

Nope :/ lol..I'll just live at home if I don't get accommodation which will suck but oh well..would be weird getting a flat in the first year if you get me? What about you?
Reply 66
:smile:LSOP is becomming part of UCL from the merger soooo... that means that the uni will be UCL from next year and degree will be from UCL! Increased reputation of the university! Next year grades have gone up to AAA-AAB on UCAS as well!

http://www.pharmacy.ac.uk/merger0.html

School of pharmacy, UCL here we come!
Nope :/ lol..I'll just live at home if I don't get accommodation which will suck but oh well..would be weird getting a flat in the first year if you get me? What about you?

No but I might look for student flat/accommodation near to london probs. So worried now! D:
Reply 68
Does anyone know roughly how many people get offered places and how many places there actually are?

Don't want to be too negative but would LSOP still accept you if you miss out on the required grades?

Also do the required grades range from AAB-ABB, or is it just AAB?
Reply 69
Hey just wondering has anyone else been sent an email from LSOP saying they haven't been allocated accommodation for the initial round?
Original post by Phoebs_K
Hey just wondering has anyone else been sent an email from LSOP saying they haven't been allocated accommodation for the initial round?

Yep me! Which is absolutely ridiculous, cos I cant commute everyday, it would take 2 hours for me to get to London. I'm trying to find some private student halls, but I am really struggling.

Are you trying to find some other accomodation aswell?
Reply 71
Yeah, i am still searching for accommodation, cant believe i still havent found anything...way to expensive in London!!!!!!! Over rated :mad:
Reply 72
Yep me! Which is absolutely ridiculous, cos I cant commute everyday, it would take 2 hours for me to get to London. I'm trying to find some private student halls, but I am really struggling.

Heyy I didn't get accommodation either! I'm not looking forward to travelling every morning to get to 9am lectures :frown:. I've been looking for alternatives but everything's pretty expensive!
Reply 73
hi my name is chris and i am from greece.this year i am taking a foundation course in order to apply for pharmacy in lsop.Could you send me your personal statement to get an idea??
Heyy I didn't get accommodation either! I'm not looking forward to travelling every morning to get to 9am lectures :frown:. I've been looking for alternatives but everything's pretty expensive!

Hey! Aww that sucks! I remember our conversation about what hall we were gonna pick, all seemed so easy back then lol! Try looking at Opal and UNITE, they do good private student accomodation. You might be able to find one thats moderately priced too!
Reply 75
Will LSOP send out emails today telling us if we've been successful for entry or not?
Reply 76
Hey! Aww that sucks! I remember our conversation about what hall we were gonna pick, all seemed so easy back then lol! Try looking at Opal and UNITE, they do good private student accomodation. You might be able to find one thats moderately priced too!

Did you get in?? I did waheeeeey SO excited :biggrin:. Yeah thats what Im looking at too.. :smile:
Reply 77
Original post by imaam
Will LSOP send out emails today telling us if we've been successful for entry or not?

I haven't received anything from them directly yet :/..wbu?
Did you get in?? I did waheeeeey SO excited :biggrin:. Yeah thats what Im looking at too.. :smile:

Yeah I got in! :smile:
Reply 79

Sorry just saw your message! I know it's been an absolute nightmare. I called up the intercollegiate halls and they said it's very unlikely I'll get a place during second allocations because their priority is oversees students and told me I might as well apply for private halls so I've gone for Opal 3 it's a private student halls about 20 mins away. You should check it out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending