The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Freshers Week

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaheen22
I'm actually psyched to get ridiculously drunk, make friends with complete randomers and forget every single one of their faces the next day.

:awesome:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by alexsheppard11
most people go to the party, because it's cheap and all the halls have a different fancy dress.
as for the ball, most people usually don't know right now- if your flat / course mates go, you probably will. if they're not too fussed, you'll end up doing something else that night :smile:

Ok, thanks =]
Reply 22
Myself and copious amounts of alcohol don't mix wonderfully well.
Might this be a problem?
Original post by Samg123
Might this be a problem?

You don't have to drink :tongue:

You could always just have a plain old coke instead of a jack and coke, no one would ever know....... :wink:
Reply 24
Original post by Samg123
Might this be a problem?

Only if you're one of those people who has to be best friends with the first five people they meet.

There are a great many thousands of students at bristol, even if only 10% of them didn't need to be drunk to have fun that's still probably more people than anyone arriving has ever been friends with in their entire life!
Reply 25
I think I have the most lame of reasons to wonder if to buy the Freshers' Ball ticket - I don't have anything suitable to wear! I'm obviously from a different country and hence clueless, so what could I possibly wear to the ball so that I don't look awkward? :frown:
Reply 27
When do most people move into halls?
Original post by jaheen22
When do most people move into halls?

I think it's 2nd Oct for most people. I t will say when they tell you where you've been allocated though.
Reply 29
Original post by aankhi
I think I have the most lame of reasons to wonder if to buy the Freshers' Ball ticket - I don't have anything suitable to wear! I'm obviously from a different country and hence clueless, so what could I possibly wear to the ball so that I don't look awkward? :frown:

Clothes are a good bet...

No one will care, honestly!
Original post by pixie<3
I think it's 2nd Oct for most people. I t will say when they tell you where you've been allocated though.

Yup, the Saturday and Sunday:smile:
Original post by aankhi

Some people dress up to the max, and others not so much, so I'd find out what people in your halls are wearing and match that, if you're concerned! (Also hai, new CSer :biggrin:)
Reply 32
I would strongly advise not buying tickets to either the Freshers party and Freshers Ball until after you've got to Bristol for a few reasons.
1. As already mentioned it sucks if you get here and find out none of your hall mates are going
2. A number of Halls ( Such as Hiatt Baker) don't support the party or Ball and will be running their own events instead (as they haven't been great in the past and because they're isn't enough capacity for all the freshers so the bigger halls normally organise their own thing)
3. And if its anything like last year the events won't sell out and your friendly hall JCRs will be able to sell you tickets cheaper anyway closer to the date.

So my advice is wait till you get here, or the very least wait till you find out your accommodation and see what your Halls freshers plans are!

James
Hiatt Baker JCR
Original post by up above
I would strongly advise not buying tickets to either the Freshers party and Freshers Ball until after you've got to Bristol for a few reasons.
1. As already mentioned it sucks if you get here and find out none of your hall mates are going
2. A number of Halls ( Such as Hiatt Baker) don't support the party or Ball and will be running their own events instead (as they haven't been great in the past and because they're isn't enough capacity for all the freshers so the bigger halls normally organise their own thing)
3. And if its anything like last year the events won't sell out and your friendly hall JCRs will be able to sell you tickets cheaper anyway closer to the date.

So my advice is wait till you get here, or the very least wait till you find out your accommodation and see what your Halls freshers plans are!

James
Hiatt Baker JCR

I would agree about not buying tickets for the ball yet.
However I would recommend getting a ticket to the party. Its sad to say it may be one of the few times you'll ever see the union so busy. The informal nature of it means it is not as bad if you're really unlucky and not many people you know are going.

That said, when I've been there the last 2 years the atmosphere has been great:awesome:
Reply 34
The party was in the Academy in my day.
Reply 35
Hey guys.

This is the right site for events tickets right?

http://www.fatsoma.com/tickets/bristol-freshers-events/bristol-various-in-bristol/bristol/e50233?r=1681524586

Anyone else doing Physics by the way?
Original post by reyles1992
Hey guys.

This is the right site for events tickets right?

http://www.fatsoma.com/tickets/bristol-freshers-events/bristol-various-in-bristol/bristol/e50233?r=1681524586

Anyone else doing Physics by the way?

Nope,
http://freshers.ubu.org.uk/
Reply 37
Thanks. I'm gonna get a fresher's party ticket tomorrow.
Reply 38
Will probably go to the Party, but not the ball. Seems odd having a more formal event after only a week there! Will probably see what house-mates are doing too and co-ordinate with them :smile:
Reply 39
Definately go to the ball! You need to do as many social events in freshers as you can to get to know people better and more people!

I didn't get a ball ticket, when it came to the ball night, the people I got to know on my floor at halls, all had tickets etc... I ended up getting in for free and didn't pay the £20 by being cunning.
I am glad I tried anyway, would have been a very **** night had my evasive manoeuvres not worked!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending