The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx
I'm really nervous about my accommodation, because due to getting a remark, my place at uea was only confirmed on the 26th...and although uea was my firm and so i had applied for accom in july, online it says that due to unprecedented numbers of people wanting accommodation those who received an offer after the 23rd are no longer guaranteed. I'm coming all the way from london!! what are my chances of realistically getting an ensuite?

I believe, don't take my word as gospel, but you are still guaranteed a place. You didn't receive an OFFER after the 23rd (that would apply to clearing/adjustment students), you just had your place confirmed- which only has to be done by the end of the 26th!

The chances of getting your first choice btw (based on last year) I think it was between 50-70% get their first choice accom, 90% get one of their top 3.

I can't for the life of my find the post with the exact figures in but that's pretty much it!

xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by kpwxx

Original post by kpwxx
I believe, don't take my word as gospel, but you are still guaranteed a place. You didn't receive an OFFER after the 23rd (that would apply to clearing/adjustment students), you just had your place confirmed- which only has to be done by the end of the 26th!

The chances of getting your first choice btw (based on last year) I think it was between 50-70% get their first choice accom, 90% get one of their top 3.

I can't for the life of my find the post with the exact figures in but that's pretty much it!

xxx

I think it's 70 and 95 :yep:
So, term-time address, would it look like this?

Fiona MED
University Village Courtyard-B
NR4 7TJ

And does this have to be entered during online registration?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DreadfullyFun
So, term-time address, would it look like this:

Fiona MED
University Village Courtyard-B
NR4 7TJ

And does this have to be entered during online registration?

How do you know your address?
All I've been given is my building (Britten House)

Maybe I'm being really stupid and haven't looked properly or something...
Original post by ellie-wellie
How do you know your address?
All I've been given is my building (Britten House)

Maybe I'm being really stupid and haven't looked properly or something...

The full address for halls is under the accomodation section on the UEA website. The flat & room number arent part of it, you just need your building name & initials of your department.
hey uea accomm.!!!
i repled regarding accepting an offer..ill be expecting a confirmation email no?? hw can i knw u got my email??? plzz!!!
Original post by abuelzouz
hey uea accomm.!!!
i repled regarding accepting an offer..ill be expecting a confirmation email no?? hw can i knw u got my email??? plzz!!!

They don't send out confirmation emails, you kinda just have to hope they have it. Reading someone's post earlier I think they send out an email to remind you if they haven't received your confirmation. But with the bank holiday I doubt you'll hear anything before Tuesday if that's the case.
Ah another of my never ending questions :P

Someone (going to a different university) just asked when us UEA students have to pay our accommodation deposit which lead me to panic and rush here asking...what deposit ?!?!
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
Ah another of my never ending questions :P

Someone (going to a different university) just asked when us UEA students have to pay our accommodation deposit which lead me to panic and rush here asking...what deposit ?!?!

we dont have one
Original post by jelly1000
we dont have one

That's another of my silly self induced panics over then.

Thank you :smile: I don't know what I'd have done without this thread. Everyone's so darn helpful! :tongue:
whats the bank holidayY?
Reply 2451
Original post by abuelzouz
whats the bank holidayY?

Today. It's like an extra day of the weekend where everything is shut.
Reply 2452
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
That's another of my silly self induced panics over then.

Thank you :smile: I don't know what I'd have done without this thread. Everyone's so darn helpful! :tongue:

:biggrin:

I asked a similar question earlier in the week and once we get to UEA we can choose how we want to pay for our accommodation (in three termly payments, 8 monthly payments etc.)
Reply 2453
Just got in from Reading Festival to find I'm in Constable Terrace! :biggrin:
Original post by Frail
Just got in from Reading Festival to find I'm in Constable Terrace! :biggrin:

me too!
Does anyone know how many people Ash holds?
Original post by diamonddust

Original post by diamonddust
Does anyone know how many people Ash holds?

It will be 6-8 people in a flat, and if it's anything like Yew, then there will be 6 flats in total - 2 on each floor :smile:
Reply 2457
Original post by High As A Kite
me too!

:dance: :five:

I'm so excited! :biggrin:

But seeing how much other people have bought and all I have is a wash bag.... I'm too lazy for my own good :colondollar:
Original post by Frail

But seeing how much other people have bought and all I have is a wash bag.... I'm too lazy for my own good :colondollar:

ahaha, all i have is a notepad and 6 pens! maybe we can die of starvation together? what are you sudying btw? :smile:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
It will be 6-8 people in a flat, and if it's anything like Yew, then there will be 6 flats in total - 2 on each floor :smile:

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Frail

I haven't got anything either. My mum says we have to wait until Wednesday.

Latest

Trending

Trending