The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Popey93
Whats an elective? :s-smilie:

Suddenly feel very under prepared.

Another word for optional modules :tongue:
haha wait until we get there, we won't know what has hit us!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2601
Original post by makingamemory
Another word for optional modules :tongue:
haha wait until we get there, we won't know what has hit us!

Oh I see! :biggrin:

haha! I already don't know what's going on. If you see someone wandering around campus, with a very blank face, in circles... Its probably me :colondollar:
Back in my day all the registration and module selection was done on paper forms - seemed to be a lot simpler and less confusing than you lot have it!
I have no idea if I have optional modules and have no idea how to find out :frown:!

I'm med A104 if anyone else is doing that and could help me out, please!
Reply 2604
Original post by *Funky-buddha*
I have no idea if I have optional modules and have no idea how to find out :frown:!

If I'm correct and this is your course, the profile is here:
http://www.uea.ac.uk/med/medicine-health-policy-and-practice/mbbs-medicine-with-a-foundation-year#profile

So going by that, you have to select one of Basic Maths II and Further Chem.

If you go on to the 'Information for new students' page for your faculty (http://www.uea.ac.uk/foh/course/new-students) it should tell you how to enrol. For other faculties I've seen it has been to send off a paper form by the 9th. However this could differ for MED. Also, don't panic! The optional modules for you are both second semester so you have plenty of time to sort it out, and you surely won't be the only one to miss it (if you do) and it will only be a couple of days late. This is presuming you have to pick and it's not automatically done based on your A-levels or anything (if so it should say in the new students info).

xxx

EDIT: Ooops yeah jelly1000 is right you also have to select from the first lot. As above still applies though, should all be on info for new students.

xxx
(edited 12 years ago)

http://www.uea.ac.uk/med/medicine-health-policy-and-practice/mbbs-medicine-with-a-foundation-year#profile

Heres the course profile

Looks like you do- for the first bit you only need 70 credits from the modules listed, so I presume you choose some options. and then for option B you choose one out of the two modules.

Google UEA new students for information on how to select them
I have a feeling (I remember my A104 flatmate talking about it) that you only decide that towards the end of semester one, as it basically depends on what one you prefer/are better at :dontknow:
Original post by kpwxx
If I'm correct and this is your course, the profile is here:

So going by that, you have to select one of Basic Maths II and Further Chem.

If you go on to the 'Information for new students' page for your faculty (http://www.uea.ac.uk/foh/course/new-students) it should tell you how to enrol. For other faculties I've seen it has been to send off a paper form by the 9th. However this could differ for MED. Also, don't panic! The optional modules for you are both second semester so you have plenty of time to sort it out, and you surely won't be the only one to miss it (if you do) and it will only be a couple of days late. This is presuming you have to pick and it's not automatically done based on your A-levels or anything (if so it should say in the new students info).

xxx

EDIT: Ooops yeah jelly1000 is right you also have to select from the first lot. As above still applies though, should all be on info for new students.

xxx

Original post by jelly1000

Heres the course profile

Looks like you do- for the first bit you only need 70 credits from the modules listed, so I presume you choose some options. and then for option B you choose one out of the two modules.

Google UEA new students for information on how to select them

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I have a feeling (I remember my A104 flatmate talking about it) that you only decide that towards the end of semester one, as it basically depends on what one you prefer/are better at :dontknow:

Thank you all very much, I emailed UEA and hopefully they'll get back to me before tomorrow.
I'm just really confused as I haven't been sent a paper form/heard anything about it so hopefully they do pick for you as xXxBaby-BooxXx said, it'd make sense I suppose seeing as how...

When I log onto the portal and click on 'Academic' it says

Modules in which you are enrolled:
CHE-0C31-11: 2011-2 - INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY

I don't recall choosing any modules to enrol on :| but since my chem grade was basically a C and my Biology an A*(hopefully) with my remark, it'd make sense them choosing chemistry for me. ( I suppose they knew we might pick what we were good at instead of what we needed to improve on/hated :tongue:).

Meh, it'll be ok.

Thank god for this thread!
Reply 2608
Anyone in Colman House? Arrival Date 16th??:biggrin:
Original post by mmbhatti
Anyone in Colman House? Arrival Date 16th??:biggrin:

That seems really early, I don't get there until the 24th (I'm in the village.)

Thank you all very much, I emailed UEA and hopefully they'll get back to me before tomorrow.
I'm just really confused as I haven't been sent a paper form/heard anything about it so hopefully they do pick for you as xXxBaby-BooxXx said, it'd make sense I suppose seeing as how...

When I log onto the portal and click on 'Academic' it says

Modules in which you are enrolled:
CHE-0C31-11: 2011-2 - INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY

I don't recall choosing any modules to enrol on :| but since my chem grade was basically a C and my Biology an A*(hopefully) with my remark, it'd make sense them choosing chemistry for me. ( I suppose they knew we might pick what we were good at instead of what we needed to improve on/hated :tongue:).

Meh, it'll be ok.

Thank god for this thread!

No you still choose, but not until the end of the first semester. And you enrolled on all the modules for Sem 1, as they're all compulsory
Original post by Popey93
Oh I see! :biggrin:

haha! I already don't know what's going on. If you see someone wandering around campus, with a very blank face, in circles... Its probably me :colondollar:

I'll join you! I know where my dept. is, sportspark and like the shopping bit with the laundrette/accommodation office etc. is, no idea where anything else is LOL Haven't got a clue where half of the buildings are that I need to go to on induction day :colondollar:

I'm gonna get so lost my old school was tiny and there was a number system you followed to get to the right class.

Where will you be living?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2612
I'll join you! I know where my dept. is, sportspark and like the shopping bit with the laundrette/accommodation office etc. is, no idea where anything else is LOL Haven't got a clue where half of the buildings are that I need to go to on induction day :colondollar:

I'm gonna get so lost my old school was tiny and there was a number system you followed to get to the right class.

Where will you be living?

You know where more things are than me! I know where the square bit is where people sit...and there is a cafe thingy next to that... :biggrin:

My school was small too and I had the same classrooms for like 4 years so never needed to know more about it :')

Staying at Paston house! :dance: you?
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
No you still choose, but not until the end of the first semester. And you enrolled on all the modules for Sem 1, as they're all compulsory

Ah thank you, that is a relief, as long as my semester one is sorted I don't mind what subjects I'm doing :tongue:

Ah thank you, that is a relief, as long as my semester one is sorted I don't mind what subjects I'm doing :tongue:

Well that's how I think it works. I'd wait for med to get back to you until you relax completely :p:
These next two weeks will seem like 2 years to me -_-
Original post by mrdoovde1
These next two weeks will seem like 2 years to me -_-

Strange how it works like that. It goes stupidly quickly for us since we are so busy getting everything ready for you!
Original post by Popey93
You know where more things are than me! I know where the square bit is where people sit...and there is a cafe thingy next to that... :biggrin:

My school was small too and I had the same classrooms for like 4 years so never needed to know more about it :')

Staying at Paston house! :dance: you?

UV courtyard A :smile:
The walk to the campus will wake me up if I have any early starts LOL
Reply 2618
UV courtyard A :smile:
The walk to the campus will wake me up if I have any early starts LOL

haha, it is a bit of a trek!

I can roll out of my bed and into lectures :tongue: Providing I dont get lost... :biggrin:
Original post by Popey93
haha, it is a bit of a trek!

I can roll out of my bed and into lectures :tongue: Providing I dont get lost... :biggrin:

It is, but when I used to live 15mins from my school I was a zombie until after lunch, my morning lessons just went straight over my head haha but when I moved an hour away with a 30min walk to the station I was wide awake for registration!

Latest

Trending

Trending