For what programme?
Why are you choosing LSE?
Reply 22
I applied last year for A&F 2012 & got in. So I'll be there next year =D
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
I'll be applying for management :wink:
Reply 24
Applying for Mathematics with economics. Reason? It is literally the best uni for economics (well with maths ofc!) in the uk!
Reply 25
LSE has A LOT to do with its location; London. What do you think?
Applying for Economics and Economic History...

Why? Because its one of the few unis to offer this type of degree and LSE in general is awesome.
Reply 27
Politics and Philosophy, although its crazy competitive! In 2010 it was 25 applicants/place
Original post by sheridan
Politics and Philosophy, although its crazy competitive! In 2010 it was 25 applicants/place

It might be slightly less competitive this year because last year it was a brand-new course :s-smilie:
Hey guys, got a shared at Bankside but am thinking of a shared at Passfield. Please bear in mind that I have applied for kitchen access (£7 a week), so there is a chance that will be included in your rent - although I'm sure you can contact LSE to cancel it and they'll give it to someone else :smile:
Hey there,

Just a few questions regarding Passfield, and how it compares to Bankside, if you know anything about either hall:
1) How do the toilet facilities compare at both halls haha - I've heard there's more people sharing to a bathroom in Passfield as they don't have twin ensuites. And are they generally clean/not too busy etc?
2) What are the kitchens like at Passfield. I know Bankside has kitchens with all the facilities (including hob and oven) but you have to apply for it - however most people applying for kitchens do get them apparently. Any idea how many people sharing to a kitchen in Passfield ( I was told there are 30-40 per floor, and only one kitchen?!) and are the kitchens generally very busy in Passfield? Also what are their cooking facilities like - does each kitchen have a hob and oven?.
3) What is the piano at Passfield (or Bankside, for that matter!)
4) Is there really that much difference in travelling time?

Thank you so much in advance :smile: and sorry for the inundation of questions, it's just I found a girl at Passfield willing to swap but I'm not sure if I'll be able to cancel the kitchen membership I applied for at Bankside after receiving it, if we decide to swap...so need to make the decision asap!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ice_dragoness274
Hey there,

Just a few questions regarding Passfield, and how it compares to Bankside, if you know anything about either hall:
1) How do the toilet facilities compare at both halls haha - I've heard there's more people sharing to a bathroom in Passfield as they don't have twin ensuites. And are they generally clean/not too busy etc?
2) What are the kitchens like at Passfield. I know Bankside has kitchens with all the facilities (including hob and oven) but you have to apply for it - however most people applying for kitchens do get them apparently. Any idea how many people sharing to a kitchen in Passfield ( I was told there are 30-40 per floor, and only one kitchen?!) and are the kitchens generally very busy in Passfield? Also what are their cooking facilities like - does each kitchen have a hob and oven?.
3) What is the piano at Passfield (or Bankside, for that matter!)
4) Is there really that much difference in travelling time?

Thank you so much in advance :smile: and sorry for the inundation of questions, it's just I found a girl at Passfield willing to swap but I'm not sure if I'll be able to cancel the kitchen membership I applied for at Bankside after receiving it, if we decide to swap...so need to make the decision asap!

How would 2012 applicants know this sort of stuff?
Guess I'll be the first to wish everyone good luck in their application :h:
Original post by TheMeister
How would 2012 applicants know this sort of stuff?

Got a point, I posted this in a rush tbh :smile:, although there is always the chance a current LSE undergrad could have stumbled accross this thread.
Got a point, I posted this in a rush tbh :smile:, although there is always the chance a current LSE undergrad could have stumbled accross this thread.

s'alright :smile:

if you do get a place at passfield anyway, i'll probably see you at some point
Reply 35
Accounting and Finance!!!

Love the course structure..hopefully LSE can appreciate this in my PS and give me an offer.

Hahaha your in luck :biggrin: I didn't go to Bankside..but in terms of obligations you have accepted the kitchen membership, you can appeal to end/swap it, however LSE Accommodation will reserve the right to enforce this term of the contract...hope that helps!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 37
I'm just starting the BSc degree in Actuarial science in October so if anyone has any questions about applying etc. just give me a shout!
Original post by K^2
I'm just starting the BSc degree in Actuarial science in October so if anyone has any questions about applying etc. just give me a shout!

Hey dude i'm thinking of applying for ActSci too

what kind of things did you talk about in your PS (just in general) ? Mainly maths?

thx for any advice

x
Reply 39
just out of interest, what would you say the average LSE applicantprofile is interms of...
No. of A* at GCSE......
Grades at AS....
Predicted grades....

for Accounting and Finance
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending