The Student Room Group

2012 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ======
Why are you stressing out over acknowledgement emails? :lol:

because it says on the sheffiled email they are lookin at my academics first, i just want to know whether that is the same for everyone else and not just me as i am a resit candidate
Reply 961
interviews will be emailed wed / thurs onwards from liverpool methinks
Reply 962
Original post by undertaker1
because it says on the sheffiled email they are lookin at my academics first, i just want to know whether that is the same for everyone else and not just me as i am a resit candidate

Seriously, don't worry too much about it. They'll go through the applications and will definitely get to your's and will let you know the outcome of it. Just remember, these admissions people lie to people and don't really tell you what's going it, some say one thing, someone else says another.
hello
Reply 964
Original post by Weezy_F
dude, you're full on! you will find all this info if you look a little harder...

i only typed in 'dental school places uk' in google and all was answered.....unless you're working full-time, no excuse dude..jus sayin.

:lol:
Original post by ======
:lol:

whats so funny bro--- i still cant find the info and have now given up
Reply 966
whats so funny bro--- i still cant find the info and have now given up

I found it funny because I thought the same after having a quick browse of the last few pages in the main thread ... you do ask excessive amount of basic questions, but I guess you're just anxious about the whole process which is understandable.

Sheffield - 75 places
Manchester - 75 places
Leeds - 96 places
Cardiff - 76 places

Took me since you posting the above to find that information ... it really wasn't difficult. All this information is on their site. A word of advice I can give you now is to start developing your research skills now and being pro-active, because neither lecturers and/or your peers are going to spoon feed you like people do on this forum.

I hope the information above answers the query you had.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ======
I found it funny because I thought the same after having a quick browse of the last few pages in the main thread ... you do ask excessive amount of basic questions, but I guess you're just anxious about the whole process which is understandable.

Sheffield - 75 places
Manchester - 75 places
Leeds - 96 places
Cardiff - 76 places

Took me since you posting the above to find that information ... it really wasn't difficult. All this information is on their site. A word of advice I can give you now is to start developing your research skills now and being pro-active, because neither lecturers and/or your peers are going to spoon feed you.

I hope the information above answers the query you had.

i cant find this aswell lol.

i want to know the number of applicants who applied and number of interviews.

i called up kings and barts yesterday. kings put the phone down on me and barts women said they will call me back and i am still waiting
Reply 968
i cant find this aswell lol.

i want to know the number of applicants who applied and number of interviews.

i called up kings and barts yesterday. kings put the phone down on me and barts women said they will call me back and i am still waiting

Why did you call up KCL and Barts if you haven't even applied there? They probably put the phone down because they're thinking ''it's that time of the year where they (the college students) ring everyday and mither us."

I'm quite curious as to why you want such detailed information i.e the number they interviewed etc. I know you're a resit candidate and are probably feeling doubtly of your academics, but you've done what you can and all is down to the admissions team now. Knowing how many applicants they received and how many they interview isn't going to help.

Have a look on the university webpages to see how many applicants they receive, they have a rounded up approximate number on there. Most won't state the number they interview on the website, and it's best to email for this information.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ======
Why did you call up KCL and Barts if you haven't even applied there? They probably put the phone down because they're thinking ''it's that time of the year where they (the college students) ring everyday and mither us."

I'm quite curious as to why you want such detailed information i.e the number they interviewed etc. I know you're a resit candidate and are probably feeling doubtly of your academics, but you've done what you can and all is down to the admissions team now. Know how many applicants they received and how many they interview isn't going to help.

Have a look on the university webpages to see how many applicants they receive, they have a rounded up approximate number on there. Most won't state the number they interview on the website, and it's best to email for this information.

you are right there is nothing i can do, i just wanted to know where i stand.
How do dentistry schools feel about dentistry as a back up choice? Has anyone ever been successful to get a place? :ninja:
Reply 971
Original post by Long Time Coming
How do dentistry schools feel about dentistry as a back up choice? Has anyone ever been successful to get a place? :ninja:

KCL once interviewed a medical applicant who put down Dentistry as their 5th choice, but he was a graduate who was studying a BSc course at KCL already.

Have you already put it down because it's past the deadline?
Original post by ======
KCL once interviewed a medical applicants who put down Dentistry as their 5th choice, but he was a graduate who was studying a BSc course at KCL already.

So that rare huh? Can't say I blame them...

P.S.: Nice username.
Reply 973
So that rare huh? Can't say I blame them...

P.S.: Nice username.

That was 3 years ago, with the increase in competition and entry requirements over the past 2 years for dentistry places, I doubt even they would consider a non-dental applicant, but who knows.

Cheers. :colone:
Original post by ======
That was 3 years ago, with the increase in competition and entry requirements over the past 2 years for dentistry places, I doubt even they would consider a non-dental applicant, but who knows.

Cheers. :colone:

Aha, I agree.

Why am I listening to funeral songs right now?
Reply 975
Aha, I agree.

Why am I listening to funeral songs right now?

Because you're a medical applicant asking about adding dentistry as a 5th option on the dentistry sub-forum ... it's a sign that one of the applicants is going to hunt you down and kill you. :colone:
Original post by ======
Because you're a medical applicant asking about adding dentistry as a 5th option on the dentistry sub-forum ... it's a sign that one of the applicants is going to hunt you down and kill you. :colone:

Interesting. Although my first suspect was one of the admissions tutor for wasting their time, but the applicant idea sounds more plausible.

It could even be you. :afraid:
Reply 977
Interesting. Although my first suspect was one of the admissions tutor for wasting their time, but the applicant idea sounds more plausible.

It could even be you. :afraid:

Which university did you put down for dentistry as your fifth choice?

:gunfire::egg:
Original post by ======
Which university did you put down for dentistry as your fifth choice?

:gunfire::egg:

KCL. :innocent:

:ahhhhh:
Reply 979
KCL. :innocent:

:ahhhhh:

Well if you were to have a shot at any, that would have been it. Good choice.

Quick Reply

Latest