The Student Room Group

Prelim time!

The dreaded prelims for me are approaching :s-smilie: When are/were yours? and what were they for (sg/int 2, higher, ah?)

I've got three weeks to cram over a years worth of work. :rolleyes: I really wish i'd paid more attention in S3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Mine are in january....

BUT!! The teachers are planning to go on strike during the prelims!! Haven't a clue how this is going to work out.
I think my Prelims are the most late in Scotland, My Highers prrelims are in Febuary.
Reply 3
Mine are in the last week or two of February for Highers/Advanced Highers.
Standard Grade prelims are this month though, I think.
Original post by animelover123
I think my Prelims are the most late in Scotland, My Highers prrelims are in Febuary.

no in my school higher and ah prelims are in february too :smile:
Original post by UserUnavailable
The dreaded prelims for me are approaching :s-smilie: When are/were yours? and what were they for (sg/int 2, higher, ah?)

I've got three weeks to cram over a years worth of work. :rolleyes: I really wish i'd paid more attention in S3

Tbh, this is a reality for most people.
Reply 6
Standard Grades in December

Ints/ Highers in February

Advanced Highers in March

However, i don't do half of my modern studies prelim - the essay writing - until March, so i have half a higher modern studies in february, half a modern studies prelim in march and two advanced higher prelims in march! :/
Reply 7
Our prelims are not until march.
Relax, just read over your notes, it's not too late.
Original post by Alt__x
Our prelims are not until march.
Relax, just read over your notes, it's not too late.

Are you doing a Business Management Course at Uni? How is it? beacuse i am thinking of doing exactly the same and wondering if its any good?
Reply 9
Are you doing a Business Management Course at Uni? How is it? beacuse i am thinking of doing exactly the same and wondering if its any good?

No, I'm applying for it this year. I'm so excited though, it looks like a great course!
Original post by Alt__x
No, I'm applying for it this year. I'm so excited though, it looks like a great course!

Which uni are you planning to go to? I am guessing strathclyde......
Reply 11
Which uni are you planning to go to? I am guessing strathclyde......

Yep, it's my first choice. Aswell as that Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling and Robert Gordon

So were mine. My Advanced Highers are the same, don't have them till the beginning of Febuary. My SG prelims were in November/December though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Alt__x
Yep, it's my first choice. Aswell as that Aberdeen, Dundee, Stirling and Robert Gordon

You don't get a "Business Managment" course in strathclyde i think..... its called something else, but i cant remember.lol
Reply 14
You don't get a "Business Managment" course in strathclyde i think..... its called something else, but i cant remember.lol

Yeah, they've all got similar names and the same course code though :smile:
Original post by Alt__x
Yeah, they've all got similar names and the same course code though :smile:

I would like to do a similiar caourse and torn between Glasgow and Strathclyde, so i want to ask you what made you "dismiss" Glasgow as an option.
Reply 16
I would like to do a similiar caourse and torn between Glasgow and Strathclyde, so i want to ask you what made you "dismiss" Glasgow as an option.

My grades aren't good enough, that is all. I don't have the best grades, and they don't meet Glasgow's' requirements.
Original post by Alt__x
My grades aren't good enough, that is all. I don't have the best grades, and they don't meet Glasgow's' requirements.

So, you would have opted for Glasgow in front of strathclyde despite Strathclydes reputation in Business?
Reply 18
So, you would have opted for Glasgow in front of strathclyde despite Strathclydes reputation in Business?

Probably not to be honest. Strathclyde is a fantastic university for business, and I am keeping my fingers crossed for a conditional from there!
Reply 19
Unfortunately Febuary for me, like most Higher/Advanced Higher students in Scotland... :frown: The things is with prelims, even if you don't pass them, they give you a wake up call when you see your results and tell you whether how good you are or if you need to get a finger out! Take advantage of the time you still have to revise, which is plenty and do a bit of revision now to make sure you get at least above average results if you're not feeling that confident. Good results in prelims = a good appeal grade if you fail the actual exam!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending