The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by goldfish134
Maths interview at Emma :biggrin:

congrats! I got mine today as well, they must have been going through them today :smile:
Original post by goldfish134
Maths interview at Emma :biggrin:

Original post by derangedyoshi
congrats! I got mine today as well, they must have been going through them today :smile:

Apparently so. Anyway, congratulations guys and good luck to all of us, eh?
Original post by Edwin Okli
Apparently so. Anyway, congratulations guys and good luck to all of us, eh?

indeed :biggrin: BMO1 first though...
Bloody hell! how many emma applicants are there?
Reply 3344
Original post by theharrovian
cheers, you too. who are your interviewers?

Dr Julia Gog and Mr Connor Daley for one interview , Dr Julia Goedecke and Prof. Richard Weber for the other.
Original post by ben-smith
Bloody hell! how many emma applicants are there?

ALOT! :confused:
Original post by deejayy
Goedecke

I read this as Grothendieck.
Cambridge interview and UCL recommended offer in one day :-D
UCL for Maths with Econ!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by deejayy

Original post by deejayy
Dr Julia Gog and Mr Connor Daley for one interview , Dr Julia Goedecke and Prof. Richard Weber for the other.

Oh I've got Dr. Julia Gog and Dr. Julia Goedecke for one of the interviews, and Prof. Richard Weber and Dr Richard Hinkl for the other... looks like three of our interviewers are the same! I have one interview an hour after the other, should be interesting...
Reply 3349
Original post by M1K3
Nice one:smile: What time is your interview at? I also applied to robinson, with the interview on the 6th. I like how you have accepted this 'challenge', Ive already given up:L

Early morning I think. Same course; same interview eh....?

Coincidence...?

No. After all there are a set number of days it can actually be on =P

No don't give up!!!! Frolick in the land of maths and you'll be as well prepared as you can be =P
Original post by SParm
Early morning I think. Same course; same interview eh....?

Coincidence...?

No. After all there are a set number of days it can actually be on =P

No don't give up!!!! Frolick in the land of maths and you'll be as well prepared as you can be =P

You sound like my (rather wonderful) maths teacher. "Maths is not a formula; maths is a feeling."
I can't decide which is better.... Manchester or Nottingham?
Reply 3352
You sound like my (rather wonderful) maths teacher. "Maths is not a formula; maths is a feeling."

He sounds like a wonderful person <3.

And I shall be shamelessly ripping off that quote should anyone ever try and argue against the beauty of maths :smile:
Original post by laughylolly
Basically applying to all the same uni's as me bar one. Same college at Oxford too! What college did you apply for at Durham? I guess you are an international applicant since you sat O levels?

Er, it was....... St.something and St.Bedes... Yes international,..... Which uni is different?
Original post by gwenllian94
I can't decide which is better.... Manchester or Nottingham?

I think Nottingham IMHO, better prestige, course is just as good, campus looks awesome and they have a new maths building! :biggrin:
Original post by SParm
He sounds like a wonderful person &lt;3.

And I shall be shamelessly ripping off that quote should anyone ever try and argue against the beauty of maths :smile:

You could also try "maths is not a spectator sport" should anyone seem reluctant to do their homework. He is fabulous :P
Original post by ben-smith
Well done!

*jealousy*

Thank you! I'm sure you'll get yours soon. :smile:

Original post by MOKHLOB
Congrats :smile:

Did they specify which STEP you have to get the 2 in ?

Yes, STEP 2 or 3.
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Yes, STEP 2 or 3.

Have you done FM? I'd have thought it would be STEP 1 or 2 since you're Scottish. Just out of curiosity, I haven't applied to Imperial :P
Have you done FM? I'd have thought it would be STEP 1 or 2 since you're Scottish. Just out of curiosity, I haven't applied to Imperial :P

No, cos I'm doing AHs. It is strange. On the other hand, AH maths covers almost all the pure stuff in FM (the only I know of not covered is Taylor Series, though there may be more), and Stats will probably cover the statistics? Haven't looked at the syllabus in detail. I might email them to confirm that it's right, but I'll wait a couple of months, because if I get an Oxford offer it doesn't matter and there's no hurry (and I need to check how much I'd need to learn for STEP III).

Other Warwick people, did you get the form about STEP help? I don't know who to put as my 'School Contact' - did you just do the head of maths?
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Yes, STEP 2 or 3.

They didn't specify for me "/. Just said 'and a 2 in STEP' or something like that. Oh wait, is this for imperial?

Original post by actuarialmaestro:p
Er, it was....... St.something and St.Bedes... Yes international,..... Which uni is different?

Oh okay. Bristol I think? I haven't applied there.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest