The Student Room Group

2012 applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
BIRMINGHAM - INTERVIEW 06/12/11
CARDIFF - NOTHING YET
DUNDEE - INTERVIEW 06/02/12
LIVERPOOL - NOTHING YET

Birmingham interview is really short notice, got the letter today. i have mixed emotions as i am shocked and over the moon that i have an interview but scared/nervous as i have like 4 days to prepare.

Does anyone know what the Birmingham interview is based upon and what sort of questions we will be asked. general knowledge? ucas application based? general conversation?

any tips/ help is much appreciated

well done and good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by HGS*
BIRMINGHAM - INTERVIEW 06/12/11
CARDIFF - NOTHING YET
DUNDEE - INTERVIEW 06/02/12
LIVERPOOL - NOTHING YET

Birmingham interview is really short notice, got the letter today. i have mixed emotions as i am shocked and over the moon that i have an interview but scared/nervous as i have like 4 days to prepare.

Does anyone know what the Birmingham interview is based upon and what sort of questions we will be asked. general knowledge? ucas application based? general conversation?

any tips/ help is much appreciated

well done and good luck to everyone :smile:

3 of my friends had interviews for medicine at birmingham and they said the interviewers pretty much ignored everything about medicine and focused mainly on extra-curricular stuff. If you get invited to an interview there, it pretty much means they want you, but they want to make sure you're socially able as well hence the interview. Of course this is for medicine, but im assuming their med and dentistry criteria are pretty much similar :smile:
Reply 1322
Original post by afshan93
3 of my friends had interviews for medicine at birmingham and they said the interviewers pretty much ignored everything about medicine and focused mainly on extra-curricular stuff. If you get invited to an interview there, it pretty much means they want you, but they want to make sure you're socially able as well hence the interview. Of course this is for medicine, but im assuming their med and dentistry criteria are pretty much similar :smile:

thank you for replying and I hope your friends get in to medical school and that you also get a place where you desire.
So basically they want to check that my personality is suited to the course and that I'm normal? :smile:
Reply 1323
I've got a newcastle interview tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone had had one yet and could put my mind at ease? (hopefully)
Reply 1324
Original post by ch415
I've got a newcastle interview tomorrow and I was just wondering if anyone had had one yet and could put my mind at ease? (hopefully)

Good Luck
Reply 1325
Original post by HGS*
Good Luck

thank you ! just very nervous
birmingham and man are both really friendly! nothing at all to worry about, just read ur ps and be ready to talk about extra curricular nothin dent related!

has anyone heard back from birmingham/man interviewsa?
Reply 1327
Original post by hearmecry
birmingham and man are both really friendly! nothing at all to worry about, just read ur ps and be ready to talk about extra curricular nothin dent related!

has anyone heard back from birmingham/man interviewsa?

well thats a relief. how did your birmingham interview go? ive heard they give you some scenarios and see how you react to them. did they not even ask you "why dentistry?", "why dentistry and not medicine?" or "what do you think makes a good dentist?"?
Reply 1328
Original post by katie_3000

Original post by katie_3000
hey guys, my name is katie and i'm a first year dental student at Bristol. Last year i applied to bristol, manchester, liverpool and newcastle and had interviews at the first 3 so let me know if you have any questions! :smile:

hey! I have an interview at Bristol on the 20th, i was wondering if you had the MMI format of an interview last year at Bristol? If so, could you tell me what kind of questions they ask? Or what each station focuses on? Cheers :smile:
Reply 1329
what colour tie should I wear to my interview, black or lilac with light blue flowers.

wearing grey suit and a white shirt
Reply 1330
Original post by HGS*
what colour tie should I wear to my interview, black or lilac with light blue flowers.

Neither.

But if I had to choose one, the lilac one with light blue flowers.

As long as you are smart is all that matters.

I guess with you being Indian, you won't be wanting to fork out the ££$££ for a new one (especially if you're a Gujerati) :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HGS*

go for the black tie mate, no flowery S***
Reply 1332
Original post by undertaker1
go for the black tie mate, no flowery S***

He's not going to a funeral.
Original post by j..cole
He's not going to a funeral.

guji's look better in black tie lol
Reply 1334
Original post by matilda7
hey! I have an interview at Bristol on the 20th, i was wondering if you had the MMI format of an interview last year at Bristol? If so, could you tell me what kind of questions they ask? Or what each station focuses on? Cheers :smile:

tthey didnt do MMI's lasy year this is the first time thevye done them so no-one really knows about them
Reply 1335
Original post by J.Cole
Neither.

But if I had to choose one, the lilac one with light blue flowers.

As long as you are smart is all that matters.

I guess with you being Indian, you won't be wanting to fork out the ££$££ for a new one (especially if you're a Gujerati) :colone:

Spoiler

Firstly i'm not Gujarati, i'm Punjabi and HAHA good joke :colonhash: **** YOU ..........

I've decided to go with the black tie as I don't want to distract the interview panel with bright colours/designs.
wow congrats to all of you who already got interviews! thats awesome :smile:

btw do you know whether it's weird if you've been invited to interview but it doesn't say so on the ucas track site? (i got an interview from dundee by email, but... nada on the track site? when i got an interview from glasgow i had to actually click on an i-accept-button on the track site..) O___o
Reply 1337
Original post by dieu2phoenix
wow congrats to all of you who already got interviews! thats awesome :smile:

btw do you know whether it's weird if you've been invited to interview but it doesn't say so on the ucas track site? (i got an interview from dundee by email, but... nada on the track site? when i got an interview from glasgow i had to actually click on an i-accept-button on the track site..) O___o

if you have an interview then i think nothing will show on ucas track, i think it will only show if you have an offer or rejection. well done and good luck for the dundee interview, i have mine on the 06/02/11
Reply 1338
Any cardiff interviews?
Original post by HGS*
Firstly i'm not Gujarati, i'm Punjabi and HAHA good joke :colonhash: **** YOU ..........

I've decided to go with the black tie as I don't want to distract the interview panel with bright colours/designs.

I'm punjabi too! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest